Ben Lonģ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Ben Lonģ

Has some swagger ..potential cult figure .

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ben Lonģ

Looks OK

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:Has some swagger ..potential cult figure .
Appears to be extremely confident in his abilities.
Have a real good feeling about him.
Suddenly we have an embarrassment of riches in the small fwd position.

SMS
Club Player

Something about him. Very hard. Has the long 'black' magic but also the defense side. Could be anything only 19!!!

Feel sorry for lonie. Lets get something straight. JACK LONIE IS A GUN. If he was 190cm hed win brownlows but he was born tiny.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

As I stated in the match thread he had 7 tackles including 2 holding the balls in his half of footy

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Armitage said Long was going to be a star! Not a bad wrap from a senior player.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impressive first up performance

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:As I stated in the match thread he had 7 tackles including 2 holding the balls in his half of footy
He looks skinny but he is as hard as nails.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Goose is king wrote:As I stated in the match thread he had 7 tackles including 2 holding the balls in his half of footy
His uncle was skinny once, now he is as fat as a pig.

Vazelos
Club Player

Long is a beauty will be a find!!

Rocket
Club Player

Need to seriously look at playing round 1.
Adds a new dimension with X factor, fierce pressure, goal sense and probably more than anything .... genuine pace.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
His uncle was skinny once, now he is as fat as a pig.
HIs uncle was also a gun player and tough as nails.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Impressive. He was like a shark out there smelling blood. Players like that don't just create pressure they create PERCEIVED pressure and get into the heads of defenders thinking they could come at any time and embarrass them.

His advantages over Wright/Lonie/Sincs is that he could be really versatile and rotate off the fwd line. Having trouble getting it out of the backline - throw him on halfback to run it out. He could even be hard enough to go onball for bits - might need to build up a bit yet. I could see him as a winger too. Richo seems to love versatility.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Long $100-1 rising star. I put $5 on him at $81 a month ago. Time for another $5 I think

Scoop
Club Player

Rocket wrote:Need to seriously look at playing round 1.
Adds a new dimension with X factor, fierce pressure, goal sense and probably more than anything .... genuine pace.
Unfortunately he is suspended for the first two rounds of the season.....incurred for an incident during last year's VFL GF!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Rocket wrote:Need to seriously look at playing round 1.
Unfortunately he is suspended for the first two rounds of the season.....incurred for an incident during last year's VFL GF!
Bugger! I like the boy! He was recruited largely on the belief that he still had a lot of improvement in him, after showing how much he'd advanced in twelve months after missing out in his first draft year. By all accounts, he is improving by the session. Could be the steal of the draft. A couple of my WB mates are pretty dark we pinched him. Reckon he could be another JJ. Let's hope.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Burnt Newnes at one stage to have a snap - team thing to do was handball and then goal by Newnes. Impressive otherwise.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Goose is king wrote:Long $100-1 rising star. I put $5 on him at $81 a month ago. Time for another $5 I think

Unfortunately (or fortunately!!!) with our first 22 being so hard to crack into I am not sure how many senior games he would get this year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Does suspension disqualify him from the award?

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Does the VFL start the week before the AFL? There for only miss one?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

not going to matter. the lad looks very promising, but fighting for a round one spot after one practice match?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I have a nice story abut his uncle. When I was doing my thesis into depression in AFL players, Rob Kerr, a collegue, asked Long to do a test for my study. Kerr was in charge of player welfare at Essendon at the time. Lomg refused, telling me he couldn't read and write. I challenged him, saying if you can't read and write, how did you get a pilot's licence? He turned and walked away without an answer. Rob told me I'd handled it well and that Longy, "Was a smartarse". Seeing as 20% of the indigenous boys in the study were illiterate, I thought it was a disgusting thing to pull a practical joke about. Says it all about the prick. I have no respect for him and neither do many in the indigenous community. He has been branded with the deadly sobriquet of "coconut". Good to see he's looked after himself, Saynta. A big ,fat barrel on legs. What a role model for his community. Couldn't walk to Canberra as he planned as well. Fat, lazy prick.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:I have a nice story abut his uncle. When I was doing my thesis into depression in AFL players, Rob Kerr, a collegue, asked Long to do a test for my study. Kerr was in charge of player welfare at Essendon at the time. Lomg refused, telling me he couldn't read and write. I challenged him, saying if you can't read and write, how did you get a pilot's licence? He turned and walked away without an answer. Rob told me I'd handled it well and that Longy, "Was a smartarse". Seeing as 20% of the indigenous boys in the study were illiterate, I thought it was a disgusting thing to pull a practical joke about. Says it all about the prick. I have no respect for him and neither do many in the indigenous community. He has been branded with the deadly sobriquet of "coconut". Good to see he's looked after himself, Saynta. A big ,fat barrel on legs. What a role model for his community. Couldn't walk to Canberra as he planned as well. Fat, lazy prick.
How is that a nice story - where are the puppy dogs, where are the rainbows?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I have a nice story abut his uncle. When I was doing my thesis into depression in AFL players, Rob Kerr, a collegue, asked Long to do a test for my study. Kerr was in charge of player welfare at Essendon at the time. Lomg refused, telling me he couldn't read and write. I challenged him, saying if you can't read and write, how did you get a pilot's licence? He turned and walked away without an answer. Rob told me I'd handled it well and that Longy, "Was a smartarse". Seeing as 20% of the indigenous boys in the study were illiterate, I thought it was a disgusting thing to pull a practical joke about. Says it all about the prick. I have no respect for him and neither do many in the indigenous community. He has been branded with the deadly sobriquet of "coconut". Good to see he's looked after himself, Saynta. A big ,fat barrel on legs. What a role model for his community. Couldn't walk to Canberra as he planned as well. Fat, lazy prick.
He didnt help with your Thesis and he's overweight...this makes him a prick.? Omg..

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
He didnt help with your Thesis and he's overweight...this makes him a prick.? Omg..
No doofus. I had enough material and didn't need him. Making jokes about his people's illiteracy makes him a prick. Good grief! Didn't you get that. I thought it was obvious. I didn't want his help after that. What a low life, smart arse. Fabian Francis had a word to him and threatened to knock his block off. Long is a coconut and a turd of the highest order. OMG, virtue signaller!