We're Just Not Good Enough

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: We're Just Not Good Enough

Johnny Member wrote:
saynta wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
True Believer wrote:laughed this crap off as soon as the OP started writing off a 20 year old KPF who has great hands......no clue
I still dont think we're good enough.
:roll:
I don't.
Who gives a fat rats.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
saynta wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
True Believer wrote:laughed this crap off as soon as the OP started writing off a 20 year old KPF who has great hands......no clue
I still dont think we're good enough.
:roll:
I don't.
i agree.

but we will be.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Good on you Johnny Member.....CLUELESS!

Still think we're a fair way off.

Lack polish, and top end talent.

There's some emerging, but not enough still.
I think that's correct also
We manic pressured them and that was superb but make no mistake we still lack polish and top elite class IMO but IF we get Haeks draft pick and it's a top 5 one at that plus grab a quality FA .... we'll start to fill that gap. The good news is I actually think this St Kilda side has a better spread of talent than years past.....(where we had top 8-10 then fell away to mediocre at the bottom end).

“Yeah….nah””
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Good on you Johnny Member.....CLUELESS!

Still think we're a fair way off.

Lack polish, and top end talent.

There's some emerging, but not enough still.
I think that's correct also
We manic pressured them and that was superb but make no mistake we still lack polish and top elite class IMO but IF we get Haeks draft pick and it's a top 5 one at that plus grab a quality FA .... we'll start to fill that gap. The good news is I actually think this St Kilda side has a better spread of talent than years past.....(where we had top 8-10 then fell away to mediocre at the bottom end).
We definitely are getting the Hawks' first pick. That decision cannot be reversed. Whether it is a top 5 pick is yet to be seen, although I think we will all know more about their prospects after tomorrow's game. Apparently we can spend 105% of our salary cap as well, so we are bound to have more top end talent in 2018.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The lack of skill across the board is glaring.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:The lack of skill across the board is glaring.
Geez your pretty good with the I told you so JM. How about setting out a plan instead? Easy to be smart after the fact buddy.

citywest

twirlyhair wrote:
Geez your pretty good with the I told you so JM. How about setting out a plan instead? Easy to be smart after the fact buddy.
It's not after the fact buddy. We have been saying it all year. Get your facts right Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twirlyhair
Club Player

citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
It's not after the fact buddy. We have been saying it all year. Get your facts right Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
???? Please explain?

citywest

twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
???? Please explain?
Look at JM's OP. It was posted on March 3 so for you to say "Easy to be smart after the fact buddy" is completely wrong!!

twirlyhair
Club Player

citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
???? Please explain?
Look at JM's OP. It was posted on March 3 so for you to say "Easy to be smart after the fact buddy" is completely wrong!!
Yeah and look at my post computer tech wizard. I asked what he suggests the club does as opposed to being mr captain hindsight. You gotta something to suggest?

citywest

twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
???? Please explain?
Yeah and look at my post computer tech wizard. I asked what he suggests the club does as opposed to being mr captain hindsight. You gotta something to suggest?
You might be able to read English but you certainly cannot comprehend it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

twirlyhair
Club Player

citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
???? Please explain?
You might be able to read English but you certainly cannot comprehend it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still waiting for your plan for our playing list city west. Come on. Strategy, please....

citywest

twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
???? Please explain?
Still waiting for your plan for our playing list city west. Come on. Strategy, please....
Don't change the subject which is you accused JM as follows....
Geez your pretty good with the I told you so JM. How about setting out a plan instead? Easy to be smart after the fact buddy
I have pointed out that he has been saying we are not good enough since March. You are the one requesting a strategy no one else. I'm wasting my time with you aren't I? Do us all a favour and brush up on grade 5 comprehension!!!

ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Middle of the road we are. No eite stars for the future.
Contend in 2023
We have work to do

Xxxxxx. Goddard. Xxxxxx
Xxxxxxxx. McKenzie
Xxxxxx. Steele
Billings
Gresham. Xxxxxx. Membrey

Trade Acres to WA he wants to go hime anyway
Trade Dunstan McCartin Weller. All slow
Get first rounds for em (package up) and lets hit the draft
2018, 2019, 2020 - 6-12 top 20 picks. This time pick athletic payers and ffs if petracca is there TAKE HIM.

Bruce sevens Longer etc can all hep us over the next 5 years just to play footy. Stay bottom 4 get high picks like melbourne

Melbourne and Carlton have done this look at the quality difference. Cripps Oliver Petracca SPS Weitering none of pir players are near it.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Seriously JM You flip and flop after results between after a win - oh yes maybe there are some good young players coming through, to after a loss - "you can't polish a turd". How convenient your narrative can change to match the results.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Seriously JM You flip and flop after results between after a win - oh yes maybe there are some good young players coming through, to after a loss - "you can't polish a turd". How convenient your narrative can change to match the results.

Examples please??

Just one where I've deviated from this view would be fine. Just one.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
citywest wrote:
twirlyhair wrote:
???? Please explain?
I think the club pocket the two first round picks and cross their fingers they can be really good players.

As per my OP back in March or whenever it was, it's not necessarily a dig at the club, we just didn't get what we thought we would from the position we put ourselves in in terms of draft picks.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Revealing Our Hand
Postby Johnny Member » Sun 14 May 2017 1:22pm

Winmar wrote:
I'd hope that Gresham, Sinclair and McKenzie are also better next year. Who knows, maybe even Dunstan will improve.

Yeah, Gresham and Sinclair show promise.
========================================
Johnny Member » Sat 06 May 2017 12:31pm

You're right about Roberton. He's playing as an A-Grader this year. He slipped under my guard in terms of my expectations of how good he could become. Melbourne did shut him down pretty easily though, so in terms of 'revealing our hand', it will be interesting to see how we react when opposition coaches put work into him.

Ross isn't A-Grade. He played an A-Grade last quarter last night though! Hopefully he does become a legitimate gun.

If those two do become 'elite', then yeah we'd be closer to to being a flag team than I thought.
===============================================================
Postby Johnny Member » Mon 08 May 2017 8:58am

Stevens comes in with the defensive attributes (arguably better) but also finds the aggot.

The difference in the team as a result has been enormous.

==========================================================

Thats all I can be bothered with on quick search. You are so binary JM - now even trying to write the GWS win off as some sort of fluke . If we beat dogs next week we'll get another dissertation of how you picked that we have some good players and we are now a very good team.

The truth is somewhere in between with us. We are developing but there are a lot of unknowns. Whether we still have enough elite talent is definitely an issue. But there are some little nuggets there that we are trying to polish and do show some serious ability every now and then - Steele, Sinclair, Ross, White, Rice, Marshall, Paddy, Billings, Newnes, Carlisle, Long, Gresh etc etc . Some will make it, some won't. I'm happy in sitting in the grey-land week to week as its silly to make such definitive statements now.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Re: Revealing Our Hand
Postby Johnny Member » Sun 14 May 2017 1:22pm

Winmar wrote:
I'd hope that Gresham, Sinclair and McKenzie are also better next year. Who knows, maybe even Dunstan will improve.

Yeah, Gresham and Sinclair show promise.
========================================
Johnny Member » Sat 06 May 2017 12:31pm

You're right about Roberton. He's playing as an A-Grader this year. He slipped under my guard in terms of my expectations of how good he could become. Melbourne did shut him down pretty easily though, so in terms of 'revealing our hand', it will be interesting to see how we react when opposition coaches put work into him.

Ross isn't A-Grade. He played an A-Grade last quarter last night though! Hopefully he does become a legitimate gun.

If those two do become 'elite', then yeah we'd be closer to to being a flag team than I thought.
===============================================================
Postby Johnny Member » Mon 08 May 2017 8:58am

Stevens comes in with the defensive attributes (arguably better) but also finds the aggot.

The difference in the team as a result has been enormous.

==========================================================

Thats all I can be bothered with on quick search. You are so binary JM - now even trying to write the GWS win off as some sort of fluke . If we beat dogs next week we'll get another dissertation of how you picked that we have some good players and we are now a very good team.

The truth is somewhere in between with us. We are developing but there are a lot of unknowns. Whether we still have enough elite talent is definitely an issue. But there are some little nuggets there that we are trying to polish and do show some serious ability every now and then - Steele, Sinclair, Ross, White, Rice, Marshall, Paddy, Billings, Newnes, Carlisle, Long, Gresh etc etc . Some will make it, some won't. I'm happy in sitting in the grey-land week to week as its silly to make such definitive statements now.
??

Please provide one example, just one, where I've deviated from my view. The above quotes support my stance.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

And the GWS game wasn't a fluke as such, but things went our way.

They had two key players out, then lost two others during the game. One other played with one hand also.

As per my 'Revealing our Hand' thread, that 'bomb it in deep' strategy that worked that night was going to be countered very quickly by opposition teams and if we thought that was a good enough Plan A to bring home the bacon - we're dreaming.

So come on, just one example....

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Ah you are one of these "just give me one example" then when some one does to get some interaction you go"Nope one example please". Didn't realise you were one of these who don't actually want to interact but just hear your own voice (words?). Guess you are the new Plugger.

Vazelos
Club Player

Lets be serious here, we have not been paying our full salary cap for a few years now saving for end of 2017 elite player free agency pick ups.
Do we expect a perfect ride into our window?
You cant beat class.

PremiershipSaint
Club Player

Still need more talent and the coach needs to work out a plan B.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Ah you are one of these "just give me one example" then when some one does to get some interaction you go"Nope one example please". Didn't realise you were one of these who don't actually want to interact but just hear your own voice (words?). Guess you are the new Plugger.

What utter s*** Bluthy.

I'm more than Happy to discuss footy, but when you jump in with the 'flip flop' rubbish, you need to be held to account.

You're either mistaken, a liar or just being a d**khead.

Show me something to support your accusation, or STFU.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Well your wife has plastic tits! I am a d**khead but that doesn't invalidate my arguments. Looks like I hit a nerve there. You bump your own thread when we lose as if losing to last years grand finalists after the week from hell and losing one of our A-graders early in the game somehow proves you right (I like the way you are even replying to your own quotes sometimes - its like Member-ception)

I showed you that you are shifting on your "we don't have good players" stance with clear quotes where you give begrudging props to some emerging players. Cop it on the chin and move on. Stop acting like a narcissistic baby all the time. We have had lots of top 20 picks and you need to see if they can come through or not. To right the whole team off already is far too imprudent. You seem to want to see the whole team chock full of elite players when many of them are just out of nappies. Patience Grasshopper patience. Things are afoot within the team and the process must be respected.