cwrcyn wrote:All this Fyfe and Martin fantasizing is nonsense. It's that Carlton/Judd mentality. Ooh, if we get Chris Judd, we'll be in premiership contention.
1. Free agency is an option so we don't have to give up a first round pick and Josh Kennedy to get him.
2. Carlton attempted to build a team around Chris Judd. You don't build a premiership team around a midfielder, no matter how good he is. A lesson Gold Coast failed to learn from Carlton.
3. We have a much better spine in place that a gun midfielder would already compliment what we have. Carlton never had this. Ever!
4. We've invested heavily in midfield depth. A Judd type player would be the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.
5. We have two first round picks in the draft and could readily give one of them up for the right player. i.e. we have an extra farm to sell if we need to sell the farm to get a player.