NATHAN FYFE OR DUSTY MARTIN. WE MUST GET ONE. And ACRES ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: NATHAN FYFE OR DUSTY MARTIN. WE MUST GET ONE. And ACRES

SaintPav wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Heard Matt Finnis on the radio yesterday.

Reading between the lines of what he said we are clearly targeting someone and that it may well need to be a trade.

Star FA's tend to be be locked back in by their clubs , but equally some stars can be tempted to move.
Who is it? Daisy Thomas?

Club really needs to land a gun.
17 clubs will 'target' Fyfe until he re-signs.
Obvious.
Same goes for Kelly and Martin.

Playon
Club Player

Jaxons, any truth to this rumor?

"Josh Kelly now looks a little more likely to stay at GWS, HOWEVER, his preferred preference would be to actually come to St.Kilda and if the saints came knocking he would have no hesitation on signing on the dotted line for us. As a Brighton grammar and sandy dragons kid he wants to come and play for us. However from what I've just been told the club hasn't been smart enough as of yet to approach him with a serious offer. Lets hope that changes."

stonecold
SS Life Member

Playon wrote:Jaxons, any truth to this rumor?

"Josh Kelly now looks a little more likely to stay at GWS, HOWEVER, his preferred preference would be to actually come to St.Kilda and if the saints came knocking he would have no hesitation on signing on the dotted line for us. As a Brighton grammar and sandy dragons kid he wants to come and play for us. However from what I've just been told the club hasn't been smart enough as of yet to approach him with a serious offer. Lets hope that changes."
Two ways to look at that, not smart enough, as stated in your thread or smart enough not to have done it yet!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

If that was true you don't reckon the club is smart enough to be all over him. This being the club that stole Hawthorns 1st pick at the next draft.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stonecold
SS Life Member

Exactly, North made a counter offer maybe?????

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Playon
Club Player

stonecold wrote:

Two ways to look at that, not smart enough, as stated in your thread or smart enough not to have done it yet!!!!!
Or a third, we outsmart ourselves and re-sighs with GWS because he thinks were not that interested.
Lots of ways to look at it

But the things I want to know is
1 is he genuinely willing to play for our club
and
2 Is he a priority for us
and
3 will we do our best to make it happen if 1 and 2 are yes
and
4 is sitting on our fat wallet hurting our brains.

Well 4 is a joke but we need class, If Kelly is an option and we pass, what can I say,,,

Playon
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:

If that was true you don't reckon the club is smart enough to be all over him. This being the club that stole Hawthorns 1st pick at the next draft.
Well perhaps we have something else in mind.. Didn't we come out and say were not interested in Dusty? Doesn't seem all that smart to me, but then I dont know what we've got planned. Perhaps were only interested is bargain basement deals and not willing to outlay the cash

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Rockliff ma have the reputation of being an average bloke, but watching the Brions take it up to the Dogs, he's a clearance machine. 21 possessions to half and something like a dozen clearances. Worth a crack as a FA? Will be 28 next February.

Playon
Club Player

Well depends on who you want to listen to at this stage, probably no-one is best.

Were supposed to have a lot of interest in gws players but I dont think we'll lay out the cash for Kelly.

We are supposed to have a lot of interest in Whitfield, Aidan Corr's name has been thrown around and have interest in other players there, pretty sure we'll have another gws player come seasons end.

Another Weller is also a possibility with Brett Anderson mentioning him in a tweet.
Brett Anderson‏ @BAndersonSEN Mar 28
Weller to Saints at end of contract is a good bet I think.

Were supposed to have a keen interest in what happens with Fyfe. Dusty and Rocky.

But basically everything is being kept quiet, so who knows what will happen