Dear nellies, did you see any of the cricket for comparison?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dear nellies, did you see any of the cricket for comparison?

FFS that was a pre season game. A practice match.

Don't worry about the idiots at AFL house who thought charging $20 for non members was OK, it was a nothing game.

So yes, our season is rooted. We are doomed.

BTW - if you flicked across to the cricket, you'd notice a game with enormous intensity. That, my friends, is the difference between a meaningful and meaningless game of sport.

Perspective.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shrodes
SS Life Member

Re: Dear nellies, did you see any of the cricket for compari

Par for the course here. Go check out the threads from around round one and two last year. Same negativity (Gresham "gifted games", Richo not up to it, gameplan garbage - wat?) yet we had an objectively positive, pleasing season. It is a long season after all. Let's see where we stand after half a season and judge based on that

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Have to admit the tv was on 507 much more than 504. The cricket was compelling . The practise match ugly, as they are when there is nothing up for grabs. Bring back the nab/wizard/Ansett cup, at least it was interesting

Bring back the Lockett era
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If we dominated

YOUd be singing it from the rooftops and probably that pent up, hand relief would be required

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If we dominated

YOUd be singing it from the rooftops and probably that pent up, hand relief would be required
Thanks Big Boy for your valuable input

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
To the top
SS Life Member

We dominated.

Renshaw and Starc made as many runs as the Indians did.

So what do they do with the doctoring of the pitches for the subsequent Tests?

And how long before the ICC step in?

And, when we play at home, who is the spin bowler behind Starc, Cummins and Hazelwood (given they do not play 4 quicks and rely on Head for some part time spin)?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:We dominated.

Renshaw and Starc made as many runs as the Indians did.

So what do they do with the doctoring of the pitches for the subsequent Tests?

And how long before the ICC step in?

And, when we play at home, who is the spin bowler behind Starc, Cummins and Hazelwood (given they do not play 4 quicks and rely on Head for some part time spin)?
I wish I could rely on Head.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:Par for the course here. Go check out the threads from around round one and two last year. Same negativity (Gresham "gifted games", Richo not up to it, gameplan garbage - wat?) yet we had an objectively positive, pleasing season. It is a long season after all. Let's see where we stand after half a season and judge based on that
So we don't have issues? Wow - we are the only team in the comp with everything and every player perfect. Yay! Might as well give us the flag now.

I don't put huge weight on the praccie games but its about identifying trends I think I'm seeing from last year into this year. Some elements worry me flowing from last year (old backline, big bodies picked over skill, kicking & creativity), some excite me (forward line, Billings, fast ball movement). All part of the pre-season fan involvement where you act like you know more than the coaches and the club. Yes they may have 100000000% more experience and knowledge than you - but they don't have your magical gut instincts you pluck out of your ass and shove onto a website while drinking your Sunday coffee!