AFLW first game - Carlton V Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: AFLW first game - Carlton V Collingwood

And You say I'm bizarre. I hope you see the irony and hypocrisy of your post. I'm sorry I criticised the party you vote for. Clearly that is out of bounds. I'll be careful not to trigger you again. now, back to the footy.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Is White Winmar really Andrew Bolt? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Is White Winmar really Andrew Bolt? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well spotted, Sainternist! I'm sprung! Just because I disagree with the methods of comrade Andrews, hardly makes me the Bolter. Still,I'd rather be Bolt than Ward or Andrews. If you must know, the great man Keating is my political hero, not Donald Trump, Paulime Hanson or Tony Abbott. I just think that Andrews is the worst premier this state has ever had. I think the fact that the great state of Victoria is now the butt of jokes around the nation is ample evidence of his efforts. Left Victoria? You should. The communist state. Love Victoria? Da, Comrade, You'd better, or Dan will come for you, are just some of the sledges we're copping.

Road toll up by 40, serious crime 15% up (even with dodgy Vicpol manipulations), a police force, Fire Brigade, ambos and CFA in crisis. Same with the hospital system. DV on the increase despite the numerous misandrist campaigns designed to reduce it, the homeless crisis, skyrail, the cancellation of the western tunnel, constant riots in the juvenile justice system. I coulld go on. At least the PS can no longer use the highly offensive terms husband and wife. Our children are taught there is no gender, boys as young as 12 are taught that men are the cause of all violence and problems in society and a safe schools program that has nothing to do with anti bullying. A Trojan horse to introduce concepts of gender neutrality, based on discredited theories that have no scientific validity. Even Comrade Amdrews gave Ward the arse. Alas, too late to save his own skin. His own party will be rid of him before the next election as he has become a liability they believe will cost them the election. His rant against his own cabinet over the leaking of info is his death knell. Every political leader's demise begins with such an incident. I just wanted to explain my position in relation to the government's misandrist agenda, that I should've mentioned in the general forum instead.

End of rant, and I promise never to stain this forum again with politics. It is one of three irrational belief systems that underpin our behaviour. The other two are religion and football. To those who I've offended, I apologise. Go sainters!
P.S. That rant does sound a bit Boltish. Maybe it's a sign of the times. Just fed up with idiots running our state and country.

minneapolis
Club Player

dragit wrote:I know a guy...
Yeah me too. Nice guy.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Well spotted, Sainternist! I'm sprung! Just because I disagree with the methods of comrade Andrews, hardly makes me the Bolter. Still,I'd rather be Bolt than Ward or Andrews. If you must know, the great man Keating is my political hero, not Donald Trump, Paulime Hanson or Tony Abbott. I just think that Andrews is the worst premier this state has ever had. I think the fact that the great state of Victoria is now the butt of jokes around the nation is ample evidence of his efforts. Left Victoria? You should. The communist state. Love Victoria? Da, Comrade, You'd better, or Dan will come for you, are just some of the sledges we're copping.

Road toll up by 40, serious crime 15% up (even with dodgy Vicpol manipulations), a police force, Fire Brigade, ambos and CFA in crisis. Same with the hospital system. DV on the increase despite the numerous misandrist campaigns designed to reduce it, the homeless crisis, skyrail, the cancellation of the western tunnel, constant riots in the juvenile justice system. I coulld go on. At least the PS can no longer use the highly offensive terms husband and wife. Our children are taught there is no gender, boys as young as 12 are taught that men are the cause of all violence and problems in society and a safe schools program that has nothing to do with anti bullying. A Trojan horse to introduce concepts of gender neutrality, based on discredited theories that have no scientific validity. Even Comrade Amdrews gave Ward the arse. Alas, too late to save his own skin. His own party will be rid of him before the next election as he has become a liability they believe will cost them the election. His rant against his own cabinet over the leaking of info is his death knell. Every political leader's demise begins with such an incident. I just wanted to explain my position in relation to the government's misandrist agenda, that I should've mentioned in the general forum instead.

End of rant, and I promise never to stain this forum again with politics. It is one of three irrational belief systems that underpin our behaviour. The other two are religion and football. To those who I've offended, I apologise. Go sainters!
P.S. That rant does sound a bit Boltish. Maybe it's a sign of the times. Just fed up with idiots running our state and country.
I hear you. We're just going to have to agree to disagree on a number of things there. I think one of most damaging and divisive things going in general public discourse today is that people have forgotten how to hear each other's points of view. Both the left and right wing are resorting to self-righteousness, making assumptions and taking dismissive pot-shots at one another. I'd like to think I'm making some effort to avoid this type of behaviour. It seems things are becoming increasingly volatile socially. It's this "us versus them" mentality which will only do harm to us as human beings.

Fortunately, in this forum, we are on the same side in supporting the same football club.

Up the Saints!
Last edited by Sainternist on Thu 09 Feb 2017 5:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Hear, hear, Sainternist! Well put!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
elizabethr wrote:
Sainternist wrote:What potentially could have been a good thread, has been stunk up with a pile of conservative and right-wing horse manure. A shame.
Railroaded by a bunch of Trump Fascists.
All the fascists these days are on the left side of politics.
Indeed. Marching to the rhythm of the jack boot. Authoritarian without a clue.

Despite the almost psychotic hysteria towards Trump, he has some very left wing policies, the sort lefties distance themselves from today, preferring to focus on personalities, dogma and just getting power for the sake of power. If the feminists in the US want to keep going nuts at a DEMOCRATIC outcome, then you will find that feminism will face a backlash. I mean people are sick of what Madonna and Lena Dunham think. Madonna should focus on singing in key and Dunham should embrace the fact that she will imminently be yesterdays news and just another celebrity 'has been', because she's a one trick pony and not a particularly intelligent one.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:

Melbourne the world's most livable city?

What a load of bulls***.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Melbourne the world's most livable city?

What a load of bulls***.
I love Melbourne and being a resident of the city, but it might be falling away from being the most livable city, with the cost of living here steadily sky-rocketing. It's a real worry seeing so many homeless people in the CBD right now.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
saynta wrote: Melbourne the world's most livable city?

What a load of bulls***.
I love Melbourne and being a resident of the city, but it might be falling away from being the most livable city, with the cost of living here steadily sky-rocketing. It's a real worry seeing so many homeless people in the CBD right now.

Well, its actually not no 1 now, if it ever was.

I think the last ratings i saw had Canberra and Adelaide ahead of Melbourne which was rated 4th.

But that was a couple of weeks ago.

After Burke street, home invasions car jackings and gang warfare i wouldn't rate it in the top 100 cities.
Last edited by saynta on Sat 11 Feb 2017 4:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Andrew Bolt is a grub and an efite idiot. I think you have grossly insulted WW by the comparison. Not all people that take issue with the left and the ALP are idiots such as Bolt.

I'm a former Union Boss, and I am ashamed of the fact that I was once part of the left. The left today is a pathetic disgrace, with no vision and no clue, worshipping dogma and has descended into the realm of pointless personality politics. The only reason that Bill Shorten wasn't completely destroyed and subjected to criminal charges during the Royal Commission, was because Paul Howe's AWU stayed stum and refused to cooperate. My sources re: Shorten's criminal conduct - one of his former right hand men at the AWU and his ex wife.

Any of you that are (foolishly) union and proud - know this: With the exception of the ETU, ANF and one or two small unions, the primary objective of your union is to increase membership for the purposes of votes on the floor of the ALP and more money for the ALP. They would gladly trade your conditions for a list of employees and their contact details (leads in other words). Just as Bill Shorten did, except he also did it for donations to his 'slush fund'. This is common and widespread.

The union movement and the ALP betrayed you on 'Workchoices' you've still got it under a different name 'Fair Work'. Australia is the only Western Democracy where striking is illegal!

Dan Andrews asshole must be huge, because it has sufficient room to accomodate the hands of John (Mick Gatto's bum boy) Setka and Peter Marshall.

If you're contributing your hard earned to a union, then you may as well be flushing it down the toilet. If you vote ALP then you've been had.

I mean whilst Turnball cops a hammering over gay marriage people don't know that Julia Gillard was not only our first female PM but probably our first gay PM. You see dumb Timmy Mathieson is a front, he's actually on a contract. Gillard's partner for years, has been a lady called Robyn McLeod (also examined by the Royal Commission). Yet not only did Gillard do nothing for gay marraige, she publicly said she didn't believe in it.

You leftards are really being taken for a ride, but I guess ignorance is bliss.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
Andrew Bolt is a grub and an efite idiot. I think you have grossly insulted WW by the comparison. Not all people that take issue with the left and the ALP are idiots such as Bolt.

I'm a former Union Boss, and I am ashamed of the fact that I was once part of the left. The left today is a pathetic disgrace, with no vision and no clue, worshipping dogma and has descended into the realm of pointless personality politics. The only reason that Bill Shorten wasn't completely destroyed and subjected to criminal charges during the Royal Commission, was because Paul Howe's AWU stayed stum and refused to cooperate. My sources re: Shorten's criminal conduct - one of his former right hand men at the AWU and his ex wife.

Any of you that are (foolishly) union and proud - know this: With the exception of the ETU, ANF and one or two small unions, the primary objective of your union is to increase membership for the purposes of votes on the floor of the ALP and more money for the ALP. They would gladly trade your conditions for a list of employees and their contact details (leads in other words). Just as Bill Shorten did, except he also did it for donations to his 'slush fund'. This is common and widespread.

The union movement and the ALP betrayed you on 'Workchoices' you've still got it under a different name 'Fair Work'. Australia is the only Western Democracy where striking is illegal!

Dan Andrews asshole must be huge, because it has sufficient room to accomodate the hands of John (Mick Gatto's bum boy) Setka and Peter Marshall.

If you're contributing your hard earned to a union, then you may as well be flushing it down the toilet. If you vote ALP then you've been had.

I mean whilst Turnball cops a hammering over gay marriage people don't know that Julia Gillard was not only our first female PM but probably our first gay PM. You see dumb Timmy Mathieson is a front, he's actually on a contract. Gillard's partner for years, has been a lady called Robyn McLeod (also examined by the Royal Commission). Yet not only did Gillard do nothing for gay marraige, she publicly said she didn't believe in it.

For someone who professes to hate Bolt so much you also seem to have at least a little bit in common with him.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:

Very true, unfortunately, LL. Penny Wong, of all people, also voted with the party in 2012, against gay marriage, when Labor had the chance to pass it. Wong even publicly stated that marriage was traditionally between a man and a woman and should remain so. Gillard too, backed this position, as did Shorten. What a bunch of hypocrites! Now they decry anyone who opposes gay marriage as bigots and homophobes. The reason they backed down in 2012 was the private polling told them the issue was not supported by 66% of the public. So they did what all politicians do, they went for the votes. As they always do. All of them. Their values are linked to power, conditions and pay, first and foremost. The welfare of constituents and society runs a distant second to their self interest. It's why there's so much anger at their behaviour, with social media exposing their outrageous self indulgence and dishonesty. As the great Paul Keating once famously said of his colleagues, "If greed was a Uni degree, you bastards would all graduate with Honours!"

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:

Your a former union boss and you call Bolt a grub.

I nearly wet myself laughing. :D
Last edited by saynta on Sat 11 Feb 2017 5:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Your a former union bodss and you call Bolt a grub.

I don't get your point. Are you saying that Union Bosses generally respect Bolt or are you saying Union Bosses are grubs?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
saynta wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

I don't get your point. Are you saying that Union Bosses generally respect Bolt or are you saying Union Bosses are grubs?
The later mate, the latter.

But I fully agree with the rest of your post.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Regardless of your political persuasion, using the suffix 'tard' to address your opponent makes you come across as a disrespectful, fart cupping, POS…

I would be considered left, but like WW I have no interest in watching either amateur womens football or amateur mens football.

AFLW is a great initiative, which I hope receives solid but appropriate funding to help foster a natural progression towards a professional competition, rather than a fabricated 'equal opportunity' PR exercise.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I just wish the VFL got similar exposure so I could watch Sandy on TV every week. That would be if far more interest

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saynta wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
saynta wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

You are right about many of them, but not all of them. There are some (a rare minority) that are actually solely motivated to protect and improve the circumstances of their members. Unfortunately most a more like Bill Shorten.

If it hadn't been for me and two other people, there would not have been a Royal Commission. It was me and one other person that caused Shorten to be dragged before the Royal Commission. It was me and another that put a prominent Union leader in prison where he still sits.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
saynta wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
saynta wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

You are right about many of them, but not all of them. There are some (a rare minority) that are actually solely motivated to protect and improve the circumstances of their members. Unfortunately most a more like Bill Shorten.

If it hadn't been for me and two other people, there would not have been a Royal Commission. It was me and one other person that caused Shorten to be dragged before the Royal Commission. It was me and another that put a prominent Union leader in prison where he still sits.

Good to hear mate.

I'm old enought to still remember the thugs from the BLF.

The mf unions have done their best to f*** Victoria.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I just wish the VFL got similar exposure so I could watch Sandy on TV every week. That would be if far more interest
This!
Show all the state leagues...especially those teams that are feeder teams or reserves for AFL teams.
Don't need to be live but at least show them on Fox Footy or provide a service to stream them on the AFL site.

Getting to the game early to watch the twos play was a part of the "game day experience" that the AFL are trying so hard to improve.
Here's a thought...Play the VFL as a curtain raiser...I know there's an issue with too many games but games at the 'G could have the VFL teams playing at Punt Road before the main game. It could finish an hour before the main game to give people the opportunity to dawdle over.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Hmmm sadly, no real insights into AFLW in this thread.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Hmmm sadly, no real insights into AFLW in this thread.
The big boys come out to play tomorrow night (including our intra-club match) and, seriously, that is all that matters in this town - The Big League!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

First drawn game today
JUST IN | @GWSGIANTS and @freodockers have played out the first ever draw in the @aflwomens finishing level on 43 points apiece.
Max Laughton ‏@maxlaughton
The first ever draw in #AFLW finished 43-43. The first ever draw in the VFL finished 43-43 (Fitzroy v South Melbourne, Rd 7, 1897).

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Premium89
Club Player

Yeah we got just a little off topic!

Good to have plenty of footy around again, JLT and women's.

Daisy carved up the dees doggies game tonight, couple of very slick handballs and spins out of the pack.
Kind of enjoy the 'chaos' element of AFLW, just like the lower leagues, you can never bet 100% where the next kick is gonna go...