Dusty Martin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dusty Martin

dragit wrote:June comes before September bruh…

Doh!!!!

Nice pic. Made me laugh.

OK, so Dusty is 84 days older than Fyfe. Pedantry satisfied.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Fyfe by the length of the straight for me over Dusty

Fyfe can do everything - can play Back & Forward key positions and also as a damaging Mid - he has also dragged his side into a GF - Dusty hasn't even come close to doing that

Fyfe in our current set up would make more of an impact and would be a better addition .... despite costing more
Fyfe can't can't do anything at the moment with that leg that keeps on breaking.

Might now be a liability, let him be someone else's problem.

On the funny side, when he has his hair in a ponytail he looks a a car with it's doors open. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Fyfe by the length of the straight for me over Dusty

Fyfe can do everything - can play Back & Forward key positions and also as a damaging Mid - he has also dragged his side into a GF - Dusty hasn't even come close to doing that

Fyfe in our current set up would make more of an impact and would be a better addition .... despite costing more
Fyfe can't can't do anything at the moment with that leg that keeps on breaking.

Might now be a liability, let him be someone else's problem.

On the funny side, when he has his hair in a ponytail he looks a a car with it's doors open. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep, needs to prove conclusively that he's as good as he was before busted leg. Needs to show not just that he's still a quality player, but that he has durability.
Would be gut wrenching to spend a bomb on an elite player and have them sidelined by a recurrence of an existing injury weakness.

As a side note, I read yesterday that Hawthorn are "in no rush" with O'Meara. We dodged a bullet there. And picked up a tasty first round draft pick. I doubt O'Meara will ever get back to regular footy.

Ideal scenario next year as I see it is to trade a first rounder maybe plus a player for a top quality young mid, pick up Martin as a FA and keep a first rounder for another quality young player. All speculation at this stage. Con's right. Wait until mid-season before seriously considering options. But for sure the club would be doing everything necessary behind the scenes to give us options to attract quality players during the next trade period.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

Doh!!!!

Nice pic. Made me laugh.

Is it just me, or was miss Jane an absolute hornbag? I think my sexual awakening occurred somewhere between Play School, Mr.Squiggle and the Magic Roundabout. Just sayin'..........

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Doh!!!!

Nice pic. Made me laugh.

Is it just me, or was miss Jane an absolute hornbag? I think my sexual awakening occurred somewhere between Play School, Mr.Squiggle and the Magic Roundabout. Just sayin'..........
Just you I reckon......each to their own. I liked the Steamshovel.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
As a side note, I read yesterday that Hawthorn are "in no rush" with O'Meara. We dodged a bullet there. And picked up a tasty first round draft pick. I doubt O'Meara will ever get back to regular footy.

Wow big call. Garry Lyon said he had heard he's developing really well and that the "in no rush" was purely to take all the pressure of him. IF they get JOM right he could propel them to the top again - he is that class inside/outside player that is like having 2 players on the field. They had the guts to take a huge risk. Like they did with Burgyone come to them on crutches. They seem to back their medical staff to go after the real class players injured or not.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Wow big call. Garry Lyon said he had heard he's developing really well and that the "in no rush" was purely to take all the pressure of him. IF they get JOM right he could propel them to the top again - he is that class inside/outside player that is like having 2 players on the field. They had the guts to take a huge risk. Like they did with Burgyone come to them on crutches. They seem to back their medical staff to go after the real class players injured or not.
Hawthorn have had their failures.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Doh!!!!

Nice pic. Made me laugh.

Just you I reckon......each to their own. I liked the Steamshovel.
Well, he did have an impressive appendage!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Joel Smith as well.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Peter Hudson too.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jays
Club Player

would luv him at the saints seems to be getting better each year ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage