Training

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Training

So we'll win then.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:So we'll win then.
Why even tempt fate by asking?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:All out there this morning. Even Joey was going ful bore, but I doubt he will be risked. Tom will get the nod this week,and it's likely the game may be won or lost on that match up.
How did Freezer go, Tony?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bruce was still out there at 1.15pm having shots at goal by himself!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

White Winmar wrote:
tony74 wrote:All out there this morning. Even Joey was going ful bore, but I doubt he will be risked. Tom will get the nod this week,and it's likely the game may be won or lost on that match up.
Doing laps. :D :D :D :D Two weeks( I kid you not )

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

tony74 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Doing laps. :D :D :D :D Two weeks( I kid you not )
When I hear "two weeks" I keep thinking of Arnie's movie "Total Recall" when he wears a fake woman's head to get through customs :mrgreen: :D

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl ... mrc&uact=8

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

two weeks...until the next injury.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
stevie
Saintsational Legend

My dad told me last night that O'Kearney is the nephew of oneof my brothers best mates

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:My dad told me last night that O'Kearney is the nephew of oneof my brothers best mates
You>Your Dad>Your Brother>Your brothers mate> Your brother's mate's brother> NOK

6 degrees of separation :wink:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:My dad told me last night that O'Kearney is the nephew of oneof my brothers best mates
But can he get the pill?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Stevie's brother's best mate is a ball magnet, I'm told.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
supersaints
Club Player

Tony, there's an article on the Dreamons saying they are considering playing two rucks against us... if so does this make any difference. I'm presuming they realize that Tom will likely match or better Gawn again like he did last year. It will be interesting if they go with two.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
Tony, there's an article on the Dreamons saying they are considering playing two rucks against us... if so does this make any difference. I'm presuming they realize that Tom will likely match or better Gawn again like he did last year. It will be interesting if they go with two.
That won't matter at all. Carlisle is tall enough to cover him. Dempster will come in to cover Watts and Brown will take care of Hogan.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

It's a matchup thats worked well for us in the past so makes sense and Tom played really well in that last praccie game. Our midfield is strengthened but the talented demons midfield have another year under their belt too and have Lewis to give some honesty in there. Will be hot in the kitchen.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
It's a matchup thats worked well for us in the past so makes sense and Tom played really well in that last praccie game. Our midfield is strengthened but the talented demons midfield have another year under their belt too and have Lewis to give some honesty in there. Will be hot in the kitchen.
And Richo is a better coach than Goodwin. Should win

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Bluthy wrote:
And Richo is a better coach than Goodwin. Should win
Well Goodwin hasn't coached a game so a bit of an unknown. I know he's been working as Roos 2IC but unless Goodwin is a Beveridge straight out of the box coaching-early bolter, you would think it would take some time for Goodwin to embed his plan and style and Demons could be a bit all over the shop whereas we look increasingly well-drilled and systematic on our home deck.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

That's our biggest concern however. Because no one has coached against him it takes a few games for opposition clubs to work out there Gameplan. Goodwin and Melbournes greatest weakness ( Haven't played together) could potentially be there greatest asset in the first few games

Myron Gaines
Club Player

tony74 wrote:That's our biggest concern however. Because no one has coached against him it takes a few games for opposition clubs to work out there Gameplan. Goodwin and Melbournes greatest weakness ( Haven't played together) could potentially be there greatest asset in the first few games
Do you think Acres is selected to play?

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

After two concerts at Etihad on Saturday and Sunday, it will be very interesting to see the condition of the playing surface for our game this Saturday. I reckon it will be shocking, patched up sods of turf everywhere. I hope the Club is keeping a close eye on it and if it is as I think it will be, then we force a transfer to the MCG and Round 21 be transferred to Etihad.

saint3d
Club Player

As much as it pains me to say so, I think the AFL knows what it's doing in this instance. They wouldn't send players out to play on an unfit surface.

Anyway, this photo was taken yesterday. I'm sure you can use it to allay or exacerbate your concerns as you see fit.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Myron Gaines wrote:
tony74 wrote:That's our biggest concern however. Because no one has coached against him it takes a few games for opposition clubs to work out there Gameplan. Goodwin and Melbournes greatest weakness ( Haven't played together) could potentially be there greatest asset in the first few games
Do you think Acres is selected to play?
Even if I knew I wouldn't put it out there. I can tell you however that one of our mid fielders is a trifle sore, and may miss.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:
supersaints wrote:
That won't matter at all. Carlisle is tall enough to cover him. Dempster will come in to cover Watts and Brown will take care of Hogan.
I reckon Carlisle will get Hogan, he got the job on Franklin last week (and a fascinating duel it was). Brown will take the resting ruckman.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Pretty sure this Game wont be decided by the head to head battle between Hickey and Gawn, and once again, Melbourne expect too much from 2-4yr players! I'm predicting we will win and win well!

spert
Saintsational Legend

We beat the Demons last year by being more effective with our ball use, as they got loads more possessions but to no effect. If they improve their ball use then we might have a struggle, but we do need our mids to dictate the terms.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Just put upon the scoreboard "Your biggest nightmare, the last decade of Saints vs Dees" - a highlight package of all those games.

Guaranteed to make all Dees players and fans shyte themselves spontaneously!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.