Nathan Brown

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Nathan Brown

I have a sneaky feeling that Gilbert, as a 194cm 92kg running utility/defender, will be an outstanding attribute to St Kilda in 2017 - as will Roberton.

How many Clubs have running utility/defenders at 194cm and who are not responsible for KPP forwards?

This spread courtesy of the addition of 2 KPP defenders (and the education of Goddard), the continuation of Montagna's form and (hopefully) the emergence of White and McKenzie as elite defenders with the ability to carry and roost the ball 60 metres to the advantage of our forwards is the area of improvement I look for in 2017.

We want the ball inside our F50 as quickly as it is possible to achieve, giving our forwards one on one opportunities.

Defend, disrupt, contest including locking the ball in for a ruck contest, free, run, carry and dispose.

And we do not want to be looking at a specific (obviously defended by reputation) option to run, carry and dispose.

Everyone has to contribute to all facets of the modern game.

That is where the improvement will come from.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nathan Brown

To the top wrote:I have a sneaky feeling that Gilbert, as a 194cm 92kg running utility/defender, will be an outstanding attribute to St Kilda in 2017 - as will Roberton.

How many Clubs have running utility/defenders at 194cm and who are not responsible for KPP forwards?

This spread courtesy of the addition of 2 KPP defenders (and the education of Goddard), the continuation of Montagna's form and (hopefully) the emergence of White and McKenzie as elite defenders with the ability to carry and roost the ball 60 metres to the advantage of our forwards is the area of improvement I look for in 2017.

We want the ball inside our F50 as quickly as it is possible to achieve, giving our forwards one on one opportunities.

Defend, disrupt, contest including locking the ball in for a ruck contest, free, run, carry and dispose.

And we do not want to be looking at a specific (obviously defended by reputation) option to run, carry and dispose.

Everyone has to contribute to all facets of the modern game.

That is where the improvement will come from.
No captain in that defensive lineup?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!