Luke Dunstan to be traded?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Re: Luke Dunstan to be traded?

BigMart wrote:Watched a number of running sessions

Jack Sinclair finished top 5 this year in most time trials

Geary, McKenzie, Newnes, Phillips also the biggest tanks

Next

Acres, Gilbert, Steven, Freeman, Battle, Weller, Stevens in the next group

Apparently Steele is a good runner but was carrying a foot injury

Poorer runners
Obviously the ruckmen but Longer was easily the slowest of them... Hickey and Holmes run ok for 200+ players

Whilst Billings was not near the bottom
Why (at his size and weight) isn't he near the top?

Dunstan and McCartin terrible, White and Rice are not the greatest

Roo, Carlisle and Joey didn't run much

Bruce and Membrey good runners for the positions they
Good post. I was really impressed with both Sinclair and Phillips having such big tanks. Hopefully Sinclair can use that to run through the middle today and make an impact

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Vazelos wrote:It's not a strong rumour or source but I did hear Luke Dunstan may be traded back to SA.
With the emerging Acres, Gresham , Billings and Mc Kenzie and Steele and Stephens coming in as well as hopefully Freeman coming good to compliment Jack Steven, Armitage and Ross is Dunstan under the pump to keep his spot?
He is a reasonable to good player but is he good enough for a top 4 side?
I have some question marks on him not convinced either way yet to rule him in or out I'm on the fence long term.

It's posts like these that make me question being a member of this site.
Sorry matey but you have no idea about football.
Well said!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
longtimesaint
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Vazelos wrote:It's not a strong rumour or source but I did hear Luke Dunstan may be traded back to SA.
With the emerging Acres, Gresham , Billings and Mc Kenzie and Steele and Stephens coming in as well as hopefully Freeman coming good to compliment Jack Steven, Armitage and Ross is Dunstan under the pump to keep his spot?
I have some question marks on him not convinced either way yet to rule him in or out I'm on the fence long term.

Well said!
Agreed -there are a lot of posters on this site that no very little about football.
Stay with us Jaxons and Tony -there are a lot of members here who appreciate you.

One year will be our year
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan can't get a game with us and we are a bottom 10 side.
Of course he wouldn't get a game at the top 3 sides.
Who would he put out at Dogs GWS and the Crows?
Crouch? Mitch Wallis? Maybe Luke would get a game ahead of Daniel but it would be a close decision. The reality is Daniel gets more ball. Mitch Wallis will go in anyway.
Luke is not as good as MacRae, Libba or Hunter. That is clear cut.
Jacob Hopper would get picked in front of Luke at GWS.

Jaxon's do you think Luke is better than Hopper or Wallis?
Yes?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sat 29 Apr 2017 1:01pm, edited 3 times in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

This is where the mods need to alter the title of the thread. In fact there should be a seperate section where all the rumours should be posted. They shouldn't be posted in the main forum.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons

If you are so connected, or so knowledgeable, I too wonder why you are a member of this site?

I would hate to think a person who is actually in the know, comes on here with the arm chair experts and spreads accurate club gossip or information?!

I also don't think it's great form to not allow someone to have a contrary opinion... of course you can debate that, but to claim someone has no idea because they differ is a bit rich... and before you scream bloody irony... yes, I do go against the grain and am forthright imo
But, I hope I don't straight out tell other people they can't have theirs... just argue with it?

This is a supporter site, not an expert site... if it's not up to your standard

Go to BF where everyone sits around in a circle and chants how great our 2W 3L is... and how the 2018-2020 premiership is as good as in the bag?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Dunstan can't get a game with us and we are a bottom 10 side.
Crouch? Mitch Wallis? Maybe Luke would get a game ahead of Daniel but it would be line ball. The reality is Daniel gets more ball. Mitch Wallis will go in anyway.
How do you know?

If he went to the Crows he might turn out to be a star. What would you write then?

Have a look at Tom Lynch. I bet you'd love to have him on the half forward flank at the Saints.

Vazelos
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Jaxons

If you are so connected, or so knowledgeable, I too wonder why you are a member of this site?

I would hate to think a person who is actually in the know, comes on here with the arm chair experts and spreads accurate club gossip or information?!

I also don't think it's great form to not allow someone to have a contrary opinion... of course you can debate that, but to claim someone has no idea because they differ is a bit rich... and before you scream bloody irony... yes, I do go against the grain and am forthright imo
But, I hope I don't straight out tell other people they can't have theirs... just argue with it?

This is a supporter site, not an expert site... if it's not up to your standard

Go to BF where everyone sits around in a circle and chants how great our 2W 3L is... and how the 2018-2020 premiership is as good as in the bag?
Well said Big Mart!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:
saynta wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
jaxons wrote:

don't be pulled down by the minority Jaxons....some us actually watch football
Sorry for having an opinion, offer some substance and facts instead of shooting people down with condescending posts.
That's what intelligent people do. Look forward to your assessment on things in the future considering you obviously rate yourself better than others. I'm on Level 2 best seat in the house and have been going for quite awhile ( 5th decade of following saints) but I look forward to learning off you when you offer your opinion.

Well from that level you should see how valuable Dunstan is to any team structure, you have the best seats in the house.
Based on other posts in this thread my opinion is shared by most. Dunstan third picked every week behind Steven and Ross.....tackling pressure, clearance work and general leadership outstanding for a player of his age. He is more than good enough to play in a top 4 side....adamant he will captain the saints in the future if not Vice....will be good viewing from level 2 over the next 50 years for you, or maybe us plebs with seats on level three are too far away to tell the good players form the bad?

Seb Ross I called in December he would have a break out year so I may see some things that maybe you don't see on Level 3 or did you call it back then as well?!!
I dont share the view Dunstan would walk in any top 4 side, I think you have over cooked our assessment of him based on his output at this moment in time.
I'm not as confident as you that he will be automatic 3rd picked in the mid field going forward, time will reveal all.
A future Captain as well?!! A lot of love for Luke, he must be a ripper bloke.

I called Seb early last year, before the real season started as did a few other on here. Before he did his hammy.

So calling him in December doesn't cut anything with me.

And you are dead wrong about Luke. He was the under 18 captain of the Sth Aussie side so he definately has leadership qualities.

It's okay mate to admit you were wrong.

You can undue the knots in your knickers. :D
The football department don't seem to share your strong views anymore mate, You went very hard on this subject, got a little smart too but it seems your boy let you down. No one likes a smart arse but you had it coming.
I had to re read the posts and forgot how hard some people when on this subject. I was even told I don't watch the games and have no idea about football.
As you said, " No harm in admitting your wrong!"
For the record I wish Dunstan was smashing it but some of us saw things early on his game.
Hope he turns it around!!
Silly boy. History will prove you wrong, once again.

Can't believe you posted that rot.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Dunstan can't get a game with us and we are a bottom 10 side.
Crouch? Mitch Wallis? Maybe Luke would get a game ahead of Daniel but it would be line ball. The reality is Daniel gets more ball. Mitch Wallis will go in anyway.
How do you know?

If he went to the Crows he might turn out to be a star. What would you write then?

Have a look at Tom Lynch. I bet you'd love to have him on the half forward flank at the Saints.
Luke would have the same running issue at any club.
Unless you think other clubs have better fitness programs and could fix this deficiency?

Luke has played 58 games.
How many games did we give Tommy Lynch?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Absolutely no harm in young Luke getting a run with Sandy, could be just what the young guy needs! A quality young man, who has a bright future at our club! Go Saints! GO! ( to hell with the rest !)
Gotta agree with you here. Some so called supporters have nfi.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

If the Saints footy department and internal itks were so omniscient we would have a flag by now.
Clearly they don't get everything 100% right.
Longer and Freeman for starters.
Not to mention Billings and McCartin.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So what if Luke was under 18 captain. Plenty of State under 18 Captains don't get drafted at all.
So what that he is rated 'intenally'. Coaches can fall in love with players and get it wrong. It happens all over the AFL.
The reality is Luke averages 17 disposals per game and this is not improving. Maybe even getting worse.
His running ability is a serious issue.
Let's not pretend otherwise.
It is a running game for midfielders so if you can't run people should and will ask questions.
Joel Selwood averaged 27 in his third and 28 in his 4th seasons.
Acres has already overtaken Luke on disposals and Acres is almost a year younger.
The post was in answer to leadership qualities ffs. :roll:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Watched a number of running sessions

Jack Sinclair finished top 5 this year in most time trials

Geary, McKenzie, Newnes, Phillips also the biggest tanks

Next

Acres, Gilbert, Steven, Freeman, Battle, Weller, Stevens in the next group

Apparently Steele is a good runner but was carrying a foot injury

Poorer runners
Obviously the ruckmen but Longer was easily the slowest of them... Hickey and Holmes run ok for 200+ players

Whilst Billings was not near the bottom
Why (at his size and weight) isn't he near the top?

Dunstan and McCartin terrible, White and Rice are not the greatest

Roo, Carlisle and Joey didn't run much

Bruce and Membrey good runners for the positions they
Missed seeing Seb did you?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Well said!
Plus one.

I'm warming to jaxons.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps go the ECB model and get a Mike Brearly

Vazelos
Club Player

saynta wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
saynta wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Sorry for having an opinion, offer some substance and facts instead of shooting people down with condescending posts.
That's what intelligent people do. Look forward to your assessment on things in the future considering you obviously rate yourself better than others. I'm on Level 2 best seat in the house and have been going for quite awhile ( 5th decade of following saints) but I look forward to learning off you when you offer your opinion.

Well from that level you should see how valuable Dunstan is to any team structure, you have the best seats in the house.
Based on other posts in this thread my opinion is shared by most. Dunstan third picked every week behind Steven and Ross.....tackling pressure, clearance work and general leadership outstanding for a player of his age. He is more than good enough to play in a top 4 side....adamant he will captain the saints in the future if not Vice....will be good viewing from level 2 over the next 50 years for you, or maybe us plebs with seats on level three are too far away to tell the good players form the bad?

Seb Ross I called in December he would have a break out year so I may see some things that maybe you don't see on Level 3 or did you call it back then as well?!!
I dont share the view Dunstan would walk in any top 4 side, I think you have over cooked our assessment of him based on his output at this moment in time.
I'm not as confident as you that he will be automatic 3rd picked in the mid field going forward, time will reveal all.

I called Seb early last year, before the real season started as did a few other on here. Before he did his hammy.

And you are dead wrong about Luke. He was the under 18 captain of the Sth Aussie side so he definately has leadership qualities.

The football department don't seem to share your strong views anymore mate, You went very hard on this subject, got a little smart too but it seems your boy let you down. No one likes a smart arse but you had it coming.
I had to re read the posts and forgot how hard some people when on this subject. I was even told I don't watch the games and have no idea about football.
For the record I wish Dunstan was smashing it but some of us saw things early on his game.

Prove me wrong once again?!!
Other times?!!
It seems there a lot of huge egos in this place that can't see past their nose.
Your happy with the way he is travelling are you?!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Crouch? Mitch Wallis? Maybe Luke would get a game ahead of Daniel but it would be a close decision. The reality is Daniel gets more ball. Mitch Wallis will go in anyway.

Yes?

He's a much better footballer than Hutchings.

And that's just off the top of my head looking at similar players

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ok Luke is the new Joel Selwood and we are dead certs for the 2019 flag.
Everyone happy now?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote:
saynta wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
saynta wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
Vazelos wrote:
The Recruit wrote:
jaxons wrote:

Prove me wrong once again?!!
Other times?!!
It seems there a lot of huge egos in this place that can't see past their nose.
Your happy with the way he is travelling are you?!!!
No of course not. And neither is the club evidently.

But to write him off now is just plain stupid.

But stupid is as stupid sees. :wink:
Last edited by saynta on Sat 29 Apr 2017 1:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

Yes?

1. Hutchings can't get a game. Not in this week.
2. The Eagles are 7th.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Ok Luke is the new Joel Selwood and we are dead certs for the 2019 flag.
Everyone happy now?
Give it a rest CG . The boy will come good.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Noone is writing Luke off.
We are merely pointing out the obvious.
IF he can't improve his running he won't make it.
IF he can improve his running he will make it.
To be determined.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:

Yes?

1. Hutchings can't get a game. Not in this week.
2. The Eagles are 7th.
So?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Noone is writing Luke off.
We are merely pointing out the obvious.
IF he can't improve his running he won't make it.
IF he can improve his running he will make it.
To be determined.
No?

I think your mate has.

Written him off that is, and you are encouraging him.