Luke Dunstan to be traded?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Dunstan to be traded?

White Winmar wrote:
skeptic wrote:What does it mean that Armitage is cooked though???
That his body is too banged up to play as a mid?

Perhaps it's time for a change of role perhaps...

Is he a potential upgrade on Weller or Dasher (and Wright) who have both been up and down as a pressure forward
I think so, skeptic. The bash and crash has taken its toll, al a Dermie. A very good player who will need to reinvent himself to stay relevant. I agree with Con. You can't get away with playing Luke, Seb and Armo in the sane midfield. Ross is a lock and Dunstan is young and still has improvement in him. Tough times ahead for Dave, I feel.

Don't agree on Armitage.

Groins aren't 'bash and crash'type injuries, So I dont really think we can write his body off just yet.

We forget how good and important he is when he's fit.

I do agree that with Steele in the team, there isn't vroom for both Dunstan and Arno. But Armo is 30 times the player Dunstan is.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Two seasons ago Seb Ross was finishing Top 5 in running during the pre season and was tearing it up.

He then had a ten week hamstring (with Faz) on the eve of the season.

Came back about R8-10 and had a reasonably good back end considering the conditioning he lost and game time missed

We can't rewrite history to help a defensive argument

Yep, bulls*** will always be bulls***.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
skeptic wrote:What does it mean that Armitage is cooked though???
That his body is too banged up to play as a mid?

Perhaps it's time for a change of role perhaps...

Is he a potential upgrade on Weller or Dasher (and Wright) who have both been up and down as a pressure forward
I think so, skeptic. The bash and crash has taken its toll, al a Dermie. A very good player who will need to reinvent himself to stay relevant. I agree with Con. You can't get away with playing Luke, Seb and Armo in the sane midfield. Ross is a lock and Dunstan is young and still has improvement in him. Tough times ahead for Dave, I feel.

Don't agree on Armitage.

Groins aren't 'bash and crash'type injuries, So I dont really think we can write his body off just yet.

We forget how good and important he is when he's fit.

I do agree that with Steele in the team, there isn't vroom for both Dunstan and Arno. But Armo is 30 times the player Dunstan is.
Agree. A fully fit 2015 version Armo in our side would be awesome. We would be very hard to beat.
groins might be fixable but not sure if Armo has some back troubles as well?
I guess giving him a long recovery break now is the best idea. No point him battling at 70%. Wasnt doing him or the team justice.

My beef has always been playing all three of Ross-Armo-Dunstan is too same same.

spert
Saintsational Legend

If Stevens can play consistent good footy, the the chances of Dunstan and Armo coming back are slim. Stevens is the best of the three.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

A lot of quick longterm effecting assumptions based off one game

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:A lot of quick longterm effecting assumptions based off one game
Based off three years imo.
If the club was happy with Armo-Dunstan-Ross they wouldn't have chased Steele and Stevens.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

spert wrote:If Stevens can play consistent good footy, the the chances of Dunstan and Armo coming back are slim. Stevens is the best of the three.
Stevens keeps that standard, and Armo and Luke won't budge him.
If Koby keeps getting 20+ disposals, and gets dropped for Dunny, that proves that AR has an irrational love for Dunny.
His remit is to put the best 22 on the park.
Based on yesterday, Koby is currently best 22.
He got injured last year and couldn't force his way back into the Doggies.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If Luke Dunstan had 28 and kicked 2 goals... SS would proclaim him as better than Selwood, Ablett and J Kennedy combined

#gosaintas
Club Player

Dunstan is untradable at the moment because he's worthless

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Dunstan is untradable at the moment because he's worthless
IMHO his worth to the Team/Club is much more than yours to this forum.

But it's just my opinion of course.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

A guy barely turned 22, been forced to work at the coal face in a bottom club for his first two years, getting battered, and some so called saints fans are only too happy too mock and laugh the first time he gets dropped. Seriously? Think a few of them will end up eating their words. Good luck with eating sh!t.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:A guy barely turned 22, been forced to work at the coal face in a bottom club for his first two years, getting battered, and some so called saints fans are only too happy too mock and laugh the first time he gets dropped. Seriously? Think a few of them will end up eating their words. Good luck with eating sh!t.
nobody is laughing at Dunstan.
There is an issue with his lack of speed, his very low output, and his value to a midfield which desperately needs
quality, speed, consistency, and competitiveness.

The entire coaching staff have shown patience with him, and believed he is an important cog, and kept him in the best 22.
Until last Thursday- when they decided to try Koby in the middle (see tony74's comment on rotations).
Koby got 28 or 29, plus 2 goals. Did Luke's absence, and his "bullocking work" for Stuv, have any impact?
Stuv still got about 33 (including the highest clanger count of all 18 teams- 11)

Show us where we were mocking Luke. As supporters, we are entitled to our opinions and expect the club to put the best 22 onto the park.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If Luke Dunstan had 28 and kicked 2 goals... SS would proclaim him as better than Selwood, Ablett and J Kennedy combined
You know you are a lot better when you talk about football rather than SS with these grandiose ridiculous statements. Are you really that insecure?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
desertsaint wrote:A guy barely turned 22, been forced to work at the coal face in a bottom club for his first two years, getting battered, and some so called saints fans are only too happy too mock and laugh the first time he gets dropped. Seriously? Think a few of them will end up eating their words. Good luck with eating sh!t.
There is an issue with his lack of speed, his very low output, and his value to a midfield which desperately needs

The entire coaching staff have shown patience with him, and believed he is an important cog, and kept him in the best 22.
Until last Thursday- when they decided to try Koby in the middle (see tony74's comment on rotations).
Koby got 28 or 29, plus 2 goals. Did Luke's absence, and his "bullocking work" for Stuv, have any impact?
Stuv still got about 33 (including the highest clanger count of all 18 teams- 11)

Show us where we were mocking Luke. As supporters, we are entitled to our opinions and expect the club to put the best 22 onto the park.
read this thread. and if you're not one of those mocking him why include the 'we'? are there sides in this now?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

read this thread. and if you're not one of those mocking him why include the 'we'? are there sides in this now?
This is a discussion forum. Where we discuss the team.
You've placed yourself squarely at odds with anyone who doesn't have blind faith in a player who wears the #7 and is not living
the ethos of #7.
Therefore you've flagged a division between the worshippers and the deniers.

The Recruit
Club Player

Dunstanmust improve this year or he is destined for a trade and or even playing a lot of twos footy. He just has improved while others around him have...forget his disposal, he just needs to get the footy more.
Armitage is done IMO too slow and body is a worry...if we can get a second round pick for him we will be doing well. If the tigers win enough and feel they are knocking on the window. And Arno comes back and playes some good footy I would take their first rounder if it was 14-16...assuming they continue to win games...they won't trade anything below 12...

To the top
SS Life Member

Both of Armitage and Dunstan will improve our side and assist in making us truly competitive in a pretty even competition

They are both class footballers who are going nowhere

Tough, hard and absolutly committed to team

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:Dunstanmust improve this year or he is destined for a trade and or even playing a lot of twos footy. He just has improved while others around him have...forget his disposal, he just needs to get the footy more.
Armitage is done IMO too slow and body is a worry...if we can get a second round pick for him we will be doing well. If the tigers win enough and feel they are knocking on the window. And Arno comes back and playes some good footy I would take their first rounder if it was 14-16...assuming they continue to win games...they won't trade anything below 12...
Armo is done but you expect a first rounder?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:

This is a discussion forum. Where we discuss the team.
You've placed yourself squarely at odds with anyone who doesn't have blind faith in a player who wears the #7 and is not living
the ethos of #7.
Therefore you've flagged a division between the worshippers and the deniers.
turn it up. i've criticised those few who've not discussed, but mocked, a developing saints player. but go ahead and invent your own narrative. worshippers and deniers? wow.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Saintrising

Perhaps you are a lot better, when you're not just talking about me?

I spoke of Dunstan
You spoke of me?

Not sure why?

Do you disagree?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Saintrising

Perhaps you are a lot better, when you're not just talking about me?

I spoke of Dunstan
You spoke of me?

Not sure why?

Do you disagree?
Frogshit. You did not really speak of Dunstan and you once again tried and play the victim by having a crack at posters on SS and I called you out on your transparent ploy.

You WANT people to talk about you clearly CRAVE it.

You continually bag out the forum and then go all woe is me, woe I am being picked on......

I called you out on you once again trying to call attention to yourself by baiting the forum at large. You want the reaction. That is why you post the way you do. You know, we know it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Winmar
Club Player

Armo himself took a very long time to get going, and how he's pretty highly regarded around here. I haven't been happy with Dunstan's output for the last couple of years, but players don't generally kick on until they've played 50 games. I'm hoping that's the case with Luke, who I gather is now up to 52.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

SR

Called me out?

I don't care a bit for you or your obsessive commentary about me... it's irrelevant as it's not about footy?

You are wasting your time trying to target me... again, I don't rate your opinion?

But if you need to react to everything I say, hey... knock yourself out.. keep the insults coming.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:Armo himself took a very long time to get going, and how he's pretty highly regarded around here. I haven't been happy with Dunstan's output for the last couple of years, but players don't generally kick on until they've played 50 games. I'm hoping that's the case with Luke, who I gather is now up to 52.
Jack 'Man of' Steele is up to game 23.
Age- 21 y 4 mths
Average tackles per game- 7.7, against Hawks, 10 tackles and 27 possessions.
Average disposals- 16.6.

Similar average disposals to Dunstan, who has maintained that average.
Steele came from the GWS Academy. He is highly skilled and reminds me of Bont or even Dangerfield in some ways.

When he gets past 50 games, watch out.

The Recruit
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:
The Recruit wrote:Dunstanmust improve this year or he is destined for a trade and or even playing a lot of twos footy. He just has improved while others around him have...forget his disposal, he just needs to get the footy more.
Armo is done but you expect a first rounder?
As I said only a late first round pick and only Richmond who think they are better than they are and would believe Arno might get them a top 4 finish....anyone willing to trade anything for chris yarran is a sucker