Chris Pelchan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Chris Pelchan

I clearly remember Pelchen in the box. He was apparently helping out with midfield rotations because we were short-staffed(!). He denied at the time that he was interfering or doing anything tactically. 'Just helping out' is what I recall.

Finey had gone on a great rant on SEN just after the previous season had ended. He said the goings on were disgusting. Watters went soon after. Pelchen had one year with Richo, and was on his bike.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote: I remember Trout or one of the other team members speaking very positively about Caleb Daniel. Pelcan brushed it off that he will get easily bumped off the ball.
That sucks. Where was the trust in trout? You have to allow your recruiters to back their judgement. I know....Maybe the Pelican saw the headgear that Caleb wore and he thought the bouncy rubber helmet would impede the little fella. :? :?

In any case, after having some doubts on Jack, I was really pleased with his games towards the end of the year. Here's hoping that Lonie can also be a premiership player for us

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
loris wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Not so visible during the week. Interesting that no other club has touched him since his departure from us. Perhaps he is pursuing his own consultancy. There are two types of consultants in this world. The ones who are experts in their area and the ones that have just been sacked.
Can you recall a few years back, it could have been Pelchan's last season at the Saints. 0n the Saints.com site they did video or could have been a couple of videos of the recruitment team discussing possible recruits they were considering selecting if they were still available when Saints selections came up.?
Pelchan was in the group. At the time I was fascinated by the body language, the non verbals. Most of the recruitment team appeared to defer to the Pelican, looking at his response to discussions.
From what I can recall, he didn't seem to be controlling the meetings, as in nominated chair; however as each person spoke about a young player they had been covering or talking to their parents, when they finished their speil they would look at Pelchan. At the time I thought wowee, this group is giving authority to this bloke whether he has it or not.

Can't recall who the recruitment people were, or who the coach was at the time.

When I've got time I'll go through the archives of the videos on the Saints.com site & see when it was and try and link it. I just thought Pelchan had power whether it was legitimate or not over the recruitment team. I felt uneasy seeing them defer so much to him.
I was thinking about these videos too. Before them I had been very positive about the strategy pelcs had setup, but did find his manner in these a bit off putting. I remember Trout or one of the other team members speaking very positively about Caleb Daniel. Pelcan brushed it off that he will get easily bumped off the ball.
Wasn't Pelchen at that time their boss?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

He had all the charm of a suburban caravan park.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

He had all the charm of a suburban caravan park.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

White Winmar wrote:He had all the charm of a suburban caravan park.
WINNNNNNNMARRRRRR!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I'm backing Jaxsons over a cleaner any day of the week

FFS rolly eyes, rolly eyes.
He has you all sucked in.

Anyone on here could post the stuff he does.

He actually tells you nothing.

Anyway, White WInmar has basically confirmed that my expressed opinion of the pelican was prettyaccurate.

So you can believe what you want.

felix
Club Player

Mate you have a unhealthy hate thing going on with pelican he has done nothing to hurt you..surely white winmar can sort you out with some therapy.