Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Psychosaint66
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

Wow, that's spooky crazy. saints6709, I thought that superdupersaint's post was worth cloning. So did you. So you did. :D

Image Cute but psycho. Things even out.
ChrisRyanSaints
Club Player

Jaxons come on tell us now ARE WE GETTING FYFE?

What are the odds of us getting him IN YOUR OPINION.

saint6709
Club Player

:D :lol: :lol:
Psychosaint66 wrote:Wow, that's spooky crazy. saints6709, I thought that superdupersaint's post was worth cloning. So did you. So you did. :D
:D :lol: :lol: :roll:

loris
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:I can assure you we're not in the process of topping up. We're not ready yet. In fact I wouldn't be surprised that by the end of next year our ladder position is not that much different. But they'll be progress. It's all about getting it all right at the right time.
Just to remind what 'tony74' cautiously said last September 2016 ............

"In fact I wouldn't be surprised that by the end of next year our ladder position is not that much different."

Methinks some of us got ahead of ourselves this year and assumed Saints would automatically move up a position and get into the 8 in 2017. Many got carried away by the Bulldogs success last year and thought if they can do it so can Saints. I'm sure Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood et al supporters all thought the same for their teams. However, fairytales very rarely happen.....The Bullies, right place on ladder at right time in 2016 = happy ever after ending.

Reality is now biting at the halfway mark........ Saints may be at the end of season as tony74 predicted, where our ladder position is not that much different to season 2016.

I just hope it's around that mark, not too far below; nevertheless, with such a close season and favourites continually being beaten by underdogs in every round, it's hard to predict what the ladder will end up like.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote:
tony74 wrote:I can assure you we're not in the process of topping up. We're not ready yet. In fact I wouldn't be surprised that by the end of next year our ladder position is not that much different. But they'll be progress. It's all about getting it all right at the right time.

"In fact I wouldn't be surprised that by the end of next year our ladder position is not that much different."

Methinks some of us got ahead of ourselves this year and assumed Saints would automatically move up a position and get into the 8 in 2017. Many got carried away by the Bulldogs success last year and thought if they can do it so can Saints. I'm sure Richmond, Melbourne, Collingwood et al supporters all thought the same for their teams. However, fairytales very rarely happen.....The Bullies, right place on ladder at right time in 2016 = happy ever after ending.

Reality is now biting at the halfway mark........ Saints may be at the end of season as tony74 predicted, where our ladder position is not that much different to season 2016.

I just hope it's around that mark, not too far below; nevertheless, with such a close season and favourites continually being beaten by underdogs in every round, it's hard to predict what the ladder will end up like.
You make a good point Loris. I think it's quite easy for people to assume that because we finished 9th last year that it naturally follow we should be pushing for finals this year. It's not quite that simple.
As you said though, the ladder is so tight these days that it only takes an extra win or two to jump four or five places.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:

Fully agree that 2017 draw wise is harder than 2016. Plus the trend of many fringe teams was to be better. I am not fussed by our win loss ratio that much, but the part that really concerns me is how the team is playing, and how players are playing. Of late it is not just us being by a better team, it has very much been about the Saints dishing up very poor football whether you look at skills , or gameplan.

However there is no denying that since the GWS that the Saints have been in a major form slump and we have dropped to 12th. Our only good win for the year was against GWS and all other wins against bottom third teams.

There is half a season to go and so plenty of time to do as well as last year. But equally if we continue to roll out the form of our last 4 games the season could be grim with the only real solace being another low draft pick to go with the pick that we gained from the Hawks.

There have been some pluses. Ross continuing to improve. Billings starting to show his talents this year, his first year when he has been fully fit. Steele playing really his first year ever as a mid. Carlisle looks to a good CHB. Robbo and Webster. Gilbo too back to great form. even Paddy has shown some good glimpses the last two games of what he could be.

However unfortunately this is also a raft of players who have just been treading water or even going backwards. Dunstan, Acres, Weller. Dmak and White both well below what they showed late last year. Bruce working hard, but until this last week not getting the goals.

Let us all hope we can pull out on this month long slump, and not in terms of getting to play finals, but in terms of continuing to progress, to develop our players and to build a platform. We need to regain that expectation of being a team on the rise again, rather than one that may have missed the boat. Form such as we have seen this last week will not be that attractive in the club trying to land players like Kelly, Jones or Lever. It will also not be that helpful in getting Billings to resign.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 12 Jun 2017 9:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Good post. Agree totally.

I said at the start of the year that we could improve, yet finish lower on the ladder than last year due to the draw and injuries.

Ladder position isn't the issue.

The way we play, and the way players are playing this year is the problem.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Yep that was definitely our hardest block of games, so if the coaches can get our set-ups sorted and get the players up and about we should at least be competitive from here on in most matches.

The coaching panel need a pretty serious review this week though, another putrid effort and the knives will be out.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Even though the win/loss ratio is not entirely surprising the method we have played in the last month had been putrid. OK we've played some top teams but it's very disappointing the way we've capitulated. Few different things done today and on Wednesday coming so hopefully their heads will be switched on Friday. It really is so much between the ears.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Even though the win/loss ratio is not entirely surprising the method we have played in the last month had been putrid. OK we've played some top teams but it's very disappointing the way we've capitulated. Few different things done today and on Wednesday coming so hopefully their heads will be switched on Friday. It really is so much between the ears.
Reading between the lines this is a damming enticement on our coach. He is our motivator and it's his job to get the "between the ears" bit sorted.

How the hell can a team have a week off (the bye), and still dish out complete rubbish is beyond me.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
tony74 wrote:Even though the win/loss ratio is not entirely surprising the method we have played in the last month had been putrid. OK we've played some top teams but it's very disappointing the way we've capitulated. Few different things done today and on Wednesday coming so hopefully their heads will be switched on Friday. It really is so much between the ears.
Reading between the lines this is a damming enticement on our coach. He is our motivator and it's his job to get the "between the ears" bit sorted.

How the hell can a team have a week off (the bye), and still dish out complete rubbish is beyond me.
:oops:

indictment??

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Seems to me that all is not well with the playing group. How can a team that performs so well against the ladder leaders follow it up with consecutive weeks of garbage? The players haven't totally lost their skills, fitness and ability in the past weeks, so it must be a mental thing. Lack of clarity about the game plan???? Lack of sense of being in it together with a focused goal????

Whatever it is let's pray it turns around this week.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:

Seems to me that all is not well with the playing group. How can a team that performs so well against the ladder leaders follow it up with consecutive weeks of garbage? The players haven't totally lost their skills, fitness and ability in the past weeks, so it must be a mental thing. Lack of clarity about the game plan???? Lack of sense of being in it together with a focused goal????

Sledgegate. Sandy has collapsed too.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
st.byron wrote:

As a leopard can't change its spots, a Zebra can't change its stripes.
And a Sainter can't escape the eternal curse of jumping from log to log in the river,
only to fall into the torrent half-way across.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
shrodes
SS Life Member

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
st.byron wrote:

The Sandy thing has been quite fascinating. This is the first year where we have control over the team, and Gilbee in as club appointed coach? And yet they have gone backwards, even despite having no player limits from our end. Sure there are other factors involved, like player movements and the new coach, but I would have expected Sandy to improve with more Saints listed players, not get worse. It is a reflection of the senior team though.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
st.byron wrote:

The Sandy thing has been quite fascinating. This is the first year where we have control over the team, and Gilbee in as club appointed coach? And yet they have gone backwards, even despite having no player limits from our end. Sure there are other factors involved, like player movements and the new coach, but I would have expected Sandy to improve with more Saints listed players, not get worse. It is a reflection of the senior team though.
The Zebs seem to struggle their way through each game, when they get outscored horribly (it seems, when I look at their twitter feed)
You would expect their players would try harder to squeeze into the seniors, in the last month anyway.

I am sad about Lewis Pierce, he seems to only get 8 or 10 touches. Just hoping Rowan Marshall can improve and really become a player.
Something bad is happening at Seaford.
Unless the coaches can concoct a solution, then they are part of the problem.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
The_President
Club Player

st.byron wrote:

Want to know an easy way to lose the playing group

Force senior players to play through an injury when they think they need rest, only for them to cause more damage AND then critique their recovery and how long it's taking them to get back.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

The Pres, is that a reference to Armo, or someone else?

shrodes
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:The Pres, is that a reference to Armo, or someone else?
From the other thread:
The_President wrote:Does Armo's brother still post here?

Armo still out for 6 weeks.

Hasn't started running yet.

Isn't happy with the club.

He wanted to rest, club forced him to play and he got injured.

Not all is well.
Not sure where that info came from, so grain of salt etc.

DWOODROW
Club Player

shrodes wrote:
From the other thread:

Not all is well.
Yes he is injured.

No he is not Unhappy with the saints.

Also not sure where this information came from.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
shrodes wrote:
From the other thread:

Not all is well.
Yes he is injured.

Thanks. It's good to put the bulls*** to bed

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
shrodes wrote:
From the other thread:

Not all is well.
Yes he is injured.

Damian Barrett on the job again maybe?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Got it in one, WS.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
loris
Saintsational Legend

And it's nice to read tony74's post in another thread that Shinna was there running laps with Armo earlier this week........ puts to rest all the Barret crap that Shinna and the Club were at loggerheads.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Just to clarify, is "no he's not unhappy at the Saints" the same as "he IS unhappy at the Saints"? There's so much negativity in that statement I've become confused!