Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Re: Jaxons come on down

Maybe we get jelly and whitfield for our 3 firsts. 2 this year and 1 next year. Then we get rocky and trengrove via FA. That would be a dream.

Rosco
Club Player

Don't we need to use a first rounder either this year or next? Didn't last year. Gresham the year before.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:Don't we need to use a first rounder either this year or next? Didn't last year. Gresham the year before.
Yep.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

We should be throwing everything including the kitchen sink at Kelly, absolute gun.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

43 touches today, one goal, the sealer. Pure class. Just get him.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Flying over the radar at the moment. Hopefully no other club has noticed him.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kelly really is that good.
Hype meets reality.

GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

satchmo wrote:Flying over the radar at the moment. Hopefully no other club has noticed him.
I'm worried about talk coming ou of the club that they'd rather go after two 800k players than a 1.5 million type. Typical. Just get him. Throw the money at him that will push the others out of it. We are at the beginning of an inflationary bubble anyway. Like paying overs for a property in Brighton in the 90's. How's that looking now?

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
SuperDuper
Club Player

Kelly is easily the most valuable commodity in the AFL

Maybe marginally behind Dangerfield and Martin as the best players in the comp as of right now but at 22 years old... given the choice youd take Kelly any day of the week...

could win a brownlow this year

ace
Saintsational Legend

I want Josh Kelly in red white and black - make it happen.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Pick No 1 is worth 3000 points.
Picks Nos 7 & 8 are worth 1644 + 1551 = 3,195 points ahead of the free agent period.
3195 points is pick No 1 plus pick No 59.
Just one free agent ahead of pick 7 would make both picks 7 & 8 slip by one place.
Picks 8 & 9 are worth 1551 + 1469 = 3,020 points
3,020 points is pick No 1 plus pick No 72.

In summary our two first round picks have a value equivalent to a pick No1 .

That may nor be enough.
Kelly is a proven player but GWS may need a premium for the risk involved in the draft.
Remember we used a No1 draft pick worth 3,000 points, worth our 2 first rounders this year on Paddy.
I doubt GWS would consider Paddy a fair exchange for Kelly.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SuperSaint
Club Player

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:
satchmo wrote:Flying over the radar at the moment. Hopefully no other club has noticed him.
I'm worried about talk coming ou of the club that they'd rather go after two 800k players than a 1.5 million type. Typical. Just get him. Throw the money at him that will push the others out of it. We are at the beginning of an inflationary bubble anyway. Like paying overs for a property in Brighton in the 90's. How's that looking now?
Fair example but Brighton and other locals have mainly Chinese nationals and foreign buyers to thank for the massive house price growth after the GFC. Let's hope all the teams can continue to support the large spike in player's salaries going forward because Asian money is more interested in buying up the country than sponsoring sport. Chasing their money by attracting interest in the game is the only reason why the AFL powerbrokers have made teams go over to play in China. However, their heads are wired differently, Chinese are happy to go house and property hunting while on their honeymoon. :o

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

SuperSaint wrote:
Fair example but Brighton and other locals have mainly Chinese nationals and foreign buyers to thank for the massive house price growth after the GFC. Let's hope all the teams can continue to support the large spike in player's salaries going forward because Asian money is more interested in buying up the country than sponsoring sport. Chasing their money by attracting interest in the game is the only reason why the AFL powerbrokers have made teams go over to play in China. However, their heads are wired differently, Chinese are happy to go house and property hunting while on their honeymoon. :o
So you're saying we should relocate to China? We'd be an unstoppable powerhouse for the next millennium.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
SuperSaint
Club Player

remboy wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
So you're saying we should relocate to China? We'd be an unstoppable powerhouse for the next millennium.
We would fill more seats in Tassie than a ground in China that's the problem, as Chinese interest lies elsewhere. We would need to fly over our cheer squad every week and would probably be the only vocal part of the small crowd that would be there. :lol:

minneapolis
Club Player

SuperSaint wrote:
remboy wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
We would fill more seats in Tassie than a ground in China that's the problem, as Chinese interest lies elsewhere. We would need to fly over our cheer squad every week and would probably be the only vocal part of the small crowd that would be there. :lol:
I could not agree more. Their heads are wired so differently that I am just boggled every day. Their goal in life is to make and have money, everything else is pretty secondary, including the wife and kids. Cheating and lying is rife in every segment of society. Putting anything in any food or drink to stretch the quantity is done without hesitation. Customer service is non existent, to be done by somebody else. Trust is only given by fools.

Still they are polite and have a lot of money.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
SuperSaint
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
remboy wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:
I could not agree more. Their heads are wired so differently that I am just boggled every day. Their goal in life is to make and have money, everything else is pretty secondary, including the wife and kids. Cheating and lying is rife in every segment of society. Putting anything in any food or drink to stretch the quantity is done without hesitation. Customer service is non existent, to be done by somebody else. Trust is only given by fools.

True and what I can't make sense of is how many established homes Chinese are allowed to buy, leave many empty and untidy or unkept (even bulldoze down!), yet they will look after their cars and have the newest Porsches, Mercs etc parked in the garages. It is all about assets for them and land banking here as they can't in China. Thanks to our insipid Government who conveniently ignores waht is going on. Near us there are now 4 homes that look disgusting and the new owners are rarely there. I thought they were only allowed to buy new or off the plan!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

If some of the generalisations in the last couple of posts were about Aborigines or homosexuals this joint would have gone into total meltdown!
Are our SJW's having a sleep in?

SuperSaint
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:If some of the generalisations in the last couple of posts were about Aborigines or homosexuals this joint would have gone into total meltdown!
Are our SJW's having a sleep in?
Yes the SJW's are having a sleep in. :roll:

In my post I am merely making a point of offshore buyers purchasing residential homes here. It is not the fault of the Chinese who are desperate to get their huge cash reserves out of China. It is the fault of our crooked and dishonourable politicians. They know what's happening is bypassing Foreign Investment Regulations but they turn a blind eye to it all. I could say, 'fantastic my home is now worth a sh*tload more money' but I have great concerns with born and bred Australian citizens that have paid their taxes all their working life here yet can't buy a home anymore in good school zones or anywhere near the CBD. The homes near us went for more than 1 million dollars over what they were initially marketed at, to overseas Asian buyers. How the hell do you compete with that? It is far from a level playing field and factor in our weaker currency, which is even more beneficial to them when their cash piles are converted. On top of this, it was established homes they bought, not new or off the plan.
Last edited by SuperSaint on Wed 23 Aug 2017 8:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa 5
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:

Trump, is that you?

The Recruit
Club Player

jaxons wrote: Tue 11 Oct 2016 6:06pm
The Recruit wrote:Our pick 10 to the cats for Cam Guthrie and Cats pick 37
Cats trade pick ten for Deledio
Pick 37 to Crows for Lyons
Pick 50 to GWS for Steele

That brings
Gutherie (24yrs old) Quick outside mid good inside as well I think this guy can really play and suffered from Dangerfield being the in the team this year
from the following article in 2015 https://goo.gl/FEayHb
He is enjoying arguably a career-best season this year with an average of 20 disposals, nine contested possessions and five tackles per game.
In 2015, Guthrie is ranked fourth at Geelong for tackles, clearances and contested possessions and fifth for disposals.

This definitely dropped off in 2016 and he will know it.

Lyon (24yrs old) beast inside player would be excellent for depth and as a number 4-5 midfielder
Steele (20yrs old) very good (if not elite) player all over the ground
Glad you have nothing to do with our recruiting!!
Maybe I should be Jaxons

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 10:09pm

That brings
Gutherie (24yrs old) Quick outside mid good inside as well I think this guy can really play and suffered from Dangerfield being the in the team this year
He is enjoying arguably a career-best season this year with an average of 20 disposals, nine contested possessions and five tackles per game.
In 2015, Guthrie is ranked fourth at Geelong for tackles, clearances and contested possessions and fifth for disposals.

Lyon (24yrs old) beast inside player would be excellent for depth and as a number 4-5 midfielder
Maybe I should be Jaxons
Scary to think if Jaxons was/is an in the know what moronic thinking goes on down there. I agree, you should be in charge of recruiting. :D

minneapolis
Club Player

Joffa 5 wrote: Wed 23 Aug 2017 8:15pm
minneapolis wrote:

Trump, is that you?
I hate Trump. The damage he did to this country was extreme.

BTW I re-read what I wrote and stand by it. It is very accurate.

As far as the SJW's, I think you are allowed to have an informed opinion.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

wow

thats a tough read

life in the jungle
(or is that the valley of death)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
The Recruit
Club Player

Moods wrote: Sun 20 Jun 2021 7:42pm
The Recruit wrote: Sat 19 Jun 2021 10:09pm

That brings

Maybe I should be Jaxons
Scary to think if Jaxons was/is an in the know what moronic thinking goes on down there. I agree, you should be in charge of recruiting. :D