So, it's Official!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stonecold
SS Life Member

So, it's Official!!!!!

Worst keep secret finally revealed officially: JO'M is out of the Gold Coast!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Re: So, it's Official!!!!!

Who said ?

stonecold
SS Life Member

Junction Oval wrote:Who said ?
JO'M, himself!!!!!

Gold Coast already suggesting playing hard ball!!!!!

PRaz

Hopefully he will end up with us. It's a dream midfield to have :wink:

The_President
Club Player

stonecold wrote:
JO'M, himself!!!!!

Hardball?!

They said they'd let him go into the draft lol

stonecold
SS Life Member

The_President wrote:
stonecold wrote:
JO'M, himself!!!!!

Hardball?!

They said they'd let him go into the draft lol
Yes Pres, Hardball, thanks!!!!!

stkfc1
Club Player

No way. They'd want two first round draft picks for a player with huge question marks on him. Already have Freeman to worry about. No deal.

shrodes
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:Worst keep secret finally revealed officially: JO'M is out of the Gold Coast!!!!!
You're getting better stonecold. Two times reporting correct information... now if only you could link to your sources so people can have a read for themselves, you'd be golden :D

Grrrrr
Club Player

Playon
Club Player

Gold Coast SUNS Chairman Tony Cochrane has today released the following statement:

After five years and 44 games Jaeger O'Meara has notified the club he wishes to find a new home interstate in 2017.

The club traded two first round selections to the GWS Giants to secure Jaeger as a 17-year-old, spent 12 months developing him prior to him being eligible to make his AFL debut, saw him impress on-the field in his first two seasons and have then spent the last two seasons investing time and resources into rehabilitating his knee following multiple surgeries with the club's utmost support.

As Jaeger doesn't qualify as a Free Agent, AFL rules dictate he holds no rights to determine his destination of choice.

With that being the case, Jaeger is on the market to a club that can provide us compensation we are prepared to accept.

Should an appropriate exchange not be met he will have the option to enter the draft.

It's the right time for the club to make a stance. And we do so for the sake of our current players, supporters, partners and the thousands of junior AFL participants who are building the foundation of this club.

stonecold
SS Life Member

shrodes wrote:
stonecold wrote:Worst keep secret finally revealed officially: JO'M is out of the Gold Coast!!!!!
You're getting better stonecold. Two times reporting correct information... now if only you could link to your sources so people can have a read for themselves, you'd be golden :D
Your asking too much now!!!!!
:D
As previously stated, we spoke with both Essendon boys!!!!!

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

GCS wont want to get too ridiculous or he could be the first player to end up in the PSD for years. Having said that I dont think he will ever get back to previous levels and hope the Saints stay away from him.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Hmmmm..... Urgh..... Two years since the guy has had continuity playing at AFL level......... Hmmmm........... It's got 'Aaron Hamill - 2 weeks' written all over it.

Playon
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote:GCS wont want to get too ridiculous or he could be the first player to end up in the PSD for years. Having said that I dont think he will ever get back to previous levels and hope the Saints stay away from him.
Well he can always retort, saying trade me to the club I want or I'll be going in the draft. How fast will they backtrack then?

Refuse medicals to clubs he doesn't want to go to

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Hmmmm..... Urgh..... Two years since the guy has had continuity playing at AFL level......... Hmmmm........... It's got 'Aaron Hamill - 2 weeks' written all over it.

NO NO NO and NO to O'Meara.

Can't understand the 'dream midfield' people are talking about. People are certainly 'dreaming' and it doesn't look like reality. FFS FFS FFS FFS FFS he hasn't played for two years except for half a reserves game after which he required more surgery. JAYSUS!!!! Just what we don't need. OK going to stop going on about this.
Bad moon rising if he crosses our threshold.
end rant/

Playon
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
prwilkinson wrote:Hmmmm..... Urgh..... Two years since the guy has had continuity playing at AFL level......... Hmmmm........... It's got 'Aaron Hamill - 2 weeks' written all over it.

Can't understand the 'dream midfield' people are talking about. People are certainly 'dreaming' and it doesn't look like reality. FFS FFS FFS FFS FFS he hasn't played for two years except for half a reserves game after which he required more surgery. JAYSUS!!!! Just what we don't need. OK going to stop going on about this.
end rant/
Well there is some thought, that not only do we have to make a GF but we have to also be able to beat GWS with their thousand first round picks, so a gamble might be worth it and we may have to take it.

To my way of thinking its not only a gamble but a high risk gamble, so i'll sit on the fence.
With ruptured patella's very few sportsmen have made a come back and out of those few most have never been the same as they were before the rupture.

So in the end we'd want to have a very good medical team to make the call.

Perhaps it may come down to price and a possible exit clause on the contract

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
st.byron wrote:

end rant/
Well there is some thought, that not only do we have to make a GF but we have to also be able to beat GWS with their thousand first round picks, so a gamble might be worth it and we may have to take it.

To my way of thinking its not only a gamble but a high risk gamble, so i'll sit on the fence.
With ruptured patella's very few sportsmen have made a come back and out of those few most have never been the same as they were before the rupture.

So in the end we'd want to have a very good medical team to make the call.

Perhaps it may come down to price and a possible exit clause on the contract

To me the risk management just screams no. Only way I'd do it is if the price was in line with the product. At the moment I see a lot of 'hype' about getting a Ferrari when in fact there's a high chance it could be a Leyland P76. The hype pumps up the price but he aint what he was when the hype was born.
Third rounder at best. Otherwise let some other recruiters stick a sharp knife in their guts just to see if it buys something special.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Pass, can't just keep loading up on risky pickups on the chance they will come good. 1 is enough for mine, we already don't have a 2 rounder anyway.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

with Freeman being managed I don't think we'll take another injury-recruit.

more definite news from bloke on SEN about an hour ago stating we've done some very good work behind the scenes on Jack Steele and are in pole position to secure his services.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
the dome
Club Player

J A C K S T E E L E R U M O U R

Just heard on SEN that St Kilda are really into Jack Steele and could have a very real chance of landing him.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:with Freeman being managed I don't think we'll take another injury-recruit.

more definite news from bloke on SEN about an hour ago stating we've done some very good work behind the scenes on Jack Steele and are in pole position to secure his services.
Now you're talking......

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: J A C K S T E E L E R U M O U R

the dome wrote:Just heard on SEN that St Kilda are really into Jack Steele and could have a very real chance of landing him.
Yeah, that's where I think the energy should be directed. Steele and Marchbank.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

prwilkinson wrote:
the dome wrote:Just heard on SEN that St Kilda are really into Jack Steele and could have a very real chance of landing him.
Yeah, that's where I think the energy should be directed. Steele and Marchbank.
Yes, go Saints. This is a much smarter strategy. Steele has a much lower profile than O'Meara, but probably statistically greater odds of playing 150 games.

creepypolar
Club Player

Steele is ours, don't worry about it.

O'Meara to the Hawks I'm pretty sure but I know were very very interested up until a few weeks ago. So we might still be in play (hope not)