Confirmed: Saints Want Fyfe Player for Marching Band

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Confirmed: Saints Want Fyfe Player for Marching Band

The Suns would be the first choice of freo if fyfe was to leave, but i doubt would be fyfe's choice.
he'd want a club that looked like playing off for a flag. we'd be up there, dogs (couldn't afford him plus no history of making grand finals), collingwood, hawks? judd's wasted career at carlton would scare him off them, essendon are unlikely to attract players, melbourne's record may count against them. surely sydney couldn't fit him in?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Love the thought of getting Fyfe but my primary concern is that he ends up having the same impact as Chris Judd at Carlton.

Absolutely turns it on, but ends up shouldering too much of the load.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

supersaints
Club Player

I do have a concern in that he's supposedly not very well liked by his team mates, apparently that's why Ballantyne wants out, plus a couple of others. We need to do due diligence make sure he's the player we need not only based on skills ( which are superb) story goes a lot of angst amongst his peers , quite a bit like figjam was at the Pies.
I don't have any first hand knowledge but the person who told me would have ...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Great news that we're aiming high for a new acquisition for next year: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/st-kild ... 4c0c9459a6
Maybe Luther and Cody Dickensen as assistant coaches!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well the super coach is going well. A lazy 92 point loss today.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:I do have a concern in that he's supposedly not very well liked by his team mates, apparently that's why Ballantyne wants out, plus a couple of others. We need to do due diligence make sure he's the player we need not only based on skills ( which are superb) story goes a lot of angst amongst his peers , quite a bit like figjam was at the Pies.
Thats only because Ross is weak and someone has to drive motivation.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Has come out and said he will be at freo.

Sounds like the same statement Goddard made..cough cough. Just wants the media off his back

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Yep, said it will take care of itself next year. When they put it off until the final year they usually go

Bring back the Lockett era
Gershwin
Club Player

From the SEN website:

Tim Gossage says that Fremantle face a dilemma in who they select as their next captain, with star midfielder Nat Fyfe’s long-term future at the club likely to be a major factor in proceedings.

The two standout favourites to take over the captaincy from the retired Matthew Pavlich are the 2015 Brownlow Medallist and fellow midfielder David Mundy, the latter of whom Gossage considers to be the best man for the job.

SEN’s Western Australian correspondent believes that while Mundy also remains the favoured option internally by the players, the Dockers can't ignore the possibility that Fyfe not being made skipper will complicate contract talks with his current club.

“If Nat Fyfe gets the captaincy, they would be a lot more comfortable with Nat Fyfe staying at the football club going forward,” he said on SEN's The Run Home.

“I don’t think (not making Fyfe skipper) is the entire game changer but I certainly would think that it would be a hindrance to them signing him up.”

The 25-year-old’s contract at Fremantle ends at the end of this season, with St. Kilda rumoured to be the leading suitors for the star on-baller’s signature.

Gossage says that the Saints’ potential interest would not shock him based on the lack of confidence shown by the Dockers over Fyfe's future.

“Have I heard that (Fyfe) is a shoe-in to stay at Fremantle? No I have not,” he said.

“Do I think he is a lock at St. Kilda? I haven’t heard it but it wouldn’t surprise me.”

Gossage considers that the result of the upcoming leadership group vote may signal just how confident Fremantle are in Fyfe’s long term future at the club.

“If Fremantle are hearing the same thing in regards to (the Saints link), then it would be egg on face stuff if they were to name Nat Fyfe for one year and then he disappears,” he said.

I'm thinking that if he has a reasonable season we will see him at St Kilda next year.

summertime and the living is easy ........
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:From the SEN website:

Tim Gossage says that Fremantle face a dilemma in who they select as their next captain, with star midfielder Nat Fyfe’s long-term future at the club likely to be a major factor in proceedings.

The two standout favourites to take over the captaincy from the retired Matthew Pavlich are the 2015 Brownlow Medallist and fellow midfielder David Mundy, the latter of whom Gossage considers to be the best man for the job.

SEN’s Western Australian correspondent believes that while Mundy also remains the favoured option internally by the players, the Dockers can't ignore the possibility that Fyfe not being made skipper will complicate contract talks with his current club.

“If Nat Fyfe gets the captaincy, they would be a lot more comfortable with Nat Fyfe staying at the football club going forward,” he said on SEN's The Run Home.

“I don’t think (not making Fyfe skipper) is the entire game changer but I certainly would think that it would be a hindrance to them signing him up.”

The 25-year-old’s contract at Fremantle ends at the end of this season, with St. Kilda rumoured to be the leading suitors for the star on-baller’s signature.

Gossage says that the Saints’ potential interest would not shock him based on the lack of confidence shown by the Dockers over Fyfe's future.

“Have I heard that (Fyfe) is a shoe-in to stay at Fremantle? No I have not,” he said.

“Do I think he is a lock at St. Kilda? I haven’t heard it but it wouldn’t surprise me.”

Gossage considers that the result of the upcoming leadership group vote may signal just how confident Fremantle are in Fyfe’s long term future at the club.

“If Fremantle are hearing the same thing in regards to (the Saints link), then it would be egg on face stuff if they were to name Nat Fyfe for one year and then he disappears,” he said.

I'm thinking that if he has a reasonable season we will see him at St Kilda next year.

Hope he's as good as he was before he busted his leg.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Exactly Byron.

Everyone is having jismuns about Fyfe.

Let's see if he still can play first.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

So you're telling me there's a chance

I've said before I reckon Fyfe is damn ambitious for a flag. And he will be watching Bennell struggling, Johnson go off the rails, Shane Yarran in trouble, Dixon has issues and thinking he's seen this before at St Kilda. Lyon is brutal task master that pushes people to the edge. And then there will be a huge offer from ST Kilda setting him up for life, a promising young list and coach that has proven to be a great developer of players so far. And a chance to get out of the insane fishbowl of WA that made Judd flee. Stay tuned to the Freo leadership announcement!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:So you're telling me there's a chance

I've said before I reckon Fyfe is damn ambitious for a flag. And he will be watching Bennell struggling, Johnson go off the rails, Shane Yarran in trouble, Dixon has issues and thinking he's seen this before at St Kilda. Lyon is brutal task master that pushes people to the edge. And then there will be a huge offer from ST Kilda setting him up for life, a promising young list and coach that has proven to be a great developer of players so far. And a chance to get out of the insane fishbowl of WA that made Judd flee. Stay tuned to the Freo leadership announcement!
After you clean yourself up Bluth, are you confident he can still play?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Well hopefully we'll see this year. There might be an element of risk there for sure. But no guts, no glory. If we can get him FA then it will only cost us his huge salary over a number of years. But we've factored that in to land a FA. Even in a worst case scenario and his leg gives out, would we really be in a bad way? May screw our salary cap up a bit but should be able to be managed. And if he was all good - well that flag beckons.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Well hopefully we'll see this year. There might be an element of risk there for sure. But no guts, no glory. If we can get him FA then it will only cost us his huge salary over a number of years. But we've factored that in to land a FA. Even in a worst case scenario and his leg gives out, would we really be in a bad way? May screw our salary cap up a bit but should be able to be managed. And if he was all good - well that flag beckons.
Agree with the no guts no glory sentiment. Gotta take a few risks to make things happen. Also might help,us not be seen as an irrelevant minnow. Slight grain of salt for the Gossage bias factor but would love to see it happen.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote: Slight grain of salt for the Gossage bias factor but would love to see it happen.
Yes definitely needs to be taken into account........... notice he doesn't mention any other clubs, and I'm sure there are plenty more than the Saints salivating over the thought of getting Fyfe to their club. Gossage is more like a Saintsational poster writing this article than a supposedly objective sports reporter. Although I ????????? If there is such a beast!

Darth Vader
Club Player

loris wrote:
Darth Vader wrote: Slight grain of salt for the Gossage bias factor but would love to see it happen.
Yes definitely needs to be taken into account........... notice he doesn't mention any other clubs, and I'm sure there are plenty more than the Saints salivating over the thought of getting Fyfe to their club. Gossage is more like a Saintsational poster writing this article than a supposedly objective sports reporter. Although I ????????? If there is such a beast!
Still, always good to have someone pumping us up once in a while!

shrodes
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:I do have a concern in that he's supposedly not very well liked by his team mates, apparently that's why Ballantyne wants out, plus a couple of others. We need to do due diligence make sure he's the player we need not only based on skills ( which are superb) story goes a lot of angst amongst his peers , quite a bit like figjam was at the Pies.
Not sure how much weight you give to the opinion of a troubled and disgruntled player, but there was this about him from Shane Yarran
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news ... 5nt4w7o0rm

lintonstreet
Club Player

For memory Fyfe is a big bodied mid whom Saints are well in discussions with?

I can share he is one of two Freo players the Saints have hooks in.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Mavbro?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Wow!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

shrodes wrote:
Not sure how much weight you give to the opinion of a troubled and disgruntled player, but there was this about him from Shane Yarran
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news ... 5nt4w7o0rm

I think that story was debunked weeks ago.

Yarran denied ever havig a faceook account.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Wow!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Imma gunna be real interested in how Freo go early next year after such a fall from grace last year. Sandi must be on his last legs, no Pav and Dixon is very much yet to see, Johnson god knows what. Cats, Port, Dogs, Melb, North, Wc - if they only win a couple of those then the pressure will be huge. Rossy does not have a reputation of developing the kids.

Will Fyfe want to stick around if Freo finish outside the 8 again? Fyfe is a guy that wants to showcase himself in finals.We should be able to do that.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It would be the ultimate payback from Sept 2011 wouldn't it?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.