Spencer White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Spencer White

Postby HitTheBoundary » Thu 16 Jul 2015 7:19pm

6621104 wrote:
tony74 wrote:Trained with the main group today and was one of the few who continually could hit a target. But he just doesn't have a tank. ( no matter how hard he trains )



So, he has ability, can mark and kick, can hit a target continually!!! But because he cannot cover 14 k's a game he's toast??? Unless he has limited lung function everyone can improve endurance. perseverence required.

I don't think he's toast because of the 14 k's.

I think it's because he can't get a kick in the thirds.
User avatar
HitTheBoundary
Club Player
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2009 9:00am
Location: Walkabout

Re: Spencer White

Postby Jacks Back » Fri 17 Jul 2015 12:11am

I think Buddy White is in real trouble. Goddard and possibly McCartin are both playing in the St Kilda side and White can only crack it for the development squad? Not looking good at all Buddy!
As president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”
Jacks Back
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3811
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 4:52pm
Location: Here

Re: Spencer White

Postby LTN16 » Fri 17 Jul 2015 2:20am

dragit wrote:Dermie was good at playing football & he had lovely hair (in a 70's gay cowboy kind of way)

That's the only two positive things I can say about him.

His expert commentary is basically a diarrhea volcano.

Couldn't agree more! :lol:

Said that Spencer was the only player on our list with A grade talent.

Also said that we wouldn't win a game this year.. Absolute flog!
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun 11 Jun 2006 9:50pm

Re: Spencer White

Postby Jacks Back » Fri 17 Jul 2015 8:30am

I just hope it's nothing to do with who selected him (and others). i.e SW or Ro$$y. That would be silly. However it appears that our latest picks have mostly all gone past our picks from 3 or more years ago.
As president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”
Jacks Back
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3811
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 4:52pm
Location: Here

Re: Spencer White

Postby plugger66 » Fri 17 Jul 2015 8:40am

Jacks Back wrote:I just hope it's nothing to do with who selected him (and others). i.e SW or Ro$$y. That would be silly. However it appears that our latest picks have mostly all gone past our picks from 3 or more years ago.



You seriously don't believe that do you? He is in the thirds. he cant even get in the seconds. He isn't getting a game because he isn't good enough. The others aren't getting games because they aren't good enough. Who deserves a game from those picked in that era?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Spencer White

Postby CURLY » Fri 17 Jul 2015 9:51am

I hope somehow he gets it together for last part of this season. Would be nice if his papers are stamped if he could come out and have a blinder VFL final series and at best have some trade currency.
NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
CURLY
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3824
Joined: Fri 16 Feb 2007 3:24pm
Location: WARBURTON

Re: Spencer White

Postby chook23 » Sat 18 Jul 2015 2:41pm

Kicked 4 goals in a very easy win for development team..............................18 goals to 2
saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6259
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 9:31am

Re: Spencer White

Postby saynta » Sat 18 Jul 2015 2:45pm

chook23 wrote:Kicked 4 goals in a very easy win for development team..............................18 goals to 2


Well, that's a start.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Spencer White

Postby saintspremiers » Sat 18 Jul 2015 3:49pm

saynta wrote:
chook23 wrote:Kicked 4 goals in a very easy win for development team..............................18 goals to 2


Well, that's a start.


If he was any good he would've kicked at least 7 against that complete rubbish
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 23404
Joined: Tue 01 Feb 2005 4:25pm
Location: Trump Tower

Re: Spencer White

Postby Rosco » Sat 18 Jul 2015 4:08pm

saintspremiers wrote:
saynta wrote:
chook23 wrote:Kicked 4 goals in a very easy win for development team..............................18 goals to 2


Well, that's a start.


If he was any good he would've kicked at least 7 against that complete rubbish



Kick 3-5 goals three weeks in a row. Then you can make an argument for going up a level.
User avatar
Rosco
Club Player
 
Posts: 1931
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2011 5:40pm
Location: Hughesdale

Re: Spencer White

Postby saintspremiers » Sat 18 Jul 2015 4:30pm

Rosco wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
saynta wrote:
chook23 wrote:Kicked 4 goals in a very easy win for development team..............................18 goals to 2


Well, that's a start.


If he was any good he would've kicked at least 7 against that complete rubbish



Kick 3-5 goals three weeks in a row. Then you can make an argument for going up a level.


Fair call
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 23404
Joined: Tue 01 Feb 2005 4:25pm
Location: Trump Tower

Re: Spencer White

Postby Enrico_Misso » Sun 19 Jul 2015 1:34am

We need to play him in the Sandy Seniors for the rest of the season to make an objective call.
Tell him he is playing for his career and see what he produces.
"Understand that you are all custodians of the St Kilda Football Club...you are responsible for making the difficult decisions to make this Club great. Those decisions will not always be popular, for popular decisions are easily made - but those that will truly make us great are those that challenge us most." - Allan Jeans as told to Chris Pelchen 2012.
User avatar
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9431
Joined: Tue 13 Jun 2006 12:11am
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

Re: Spencer White

Postby plugger66 » Sun 19 Jul 2015 10:08am

Enrico_Misso wrote:We need to play him in the Sandy Seniors for the rest of the season to make an objective call.
Tell him he is playing for his career and see what he produces.



You do realise that probably means someone playing better and deserving a spot gets dropped. This is exactly why we need to get rid of Sandy as soon as possible.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Spencer White

Postby saynta » Sun 19 Jul 2015 10:56am

Enrico_Misso wrote:We need to play him in the Sandy Seniors for the rest of the season to make an objective call.
Tell him he is playing for his career and see what he produces.



I would think that will happen anyway as McCartin should stay in the seniors.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Spencer White

Postby bigcarl » Sun 19 Jul 2015 11:58am

You do realise that probably means someone playing better and deserving a spot gets dropped. This is exactly why we need to get rid of Sandy as soon as possible.


Sandy is working okay for us. A lot of our developing players finding out what it feels like to win and may even experience a flag this year.

The same rules should apply to Sandy as to the seniors. Form earns and keeps spots. If Spencer can't show enough to get a ga me then it's sad, but so be it
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 19 Jul 2015 12:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 15240
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 1:36am

Re: Spencer White

Postby plugger66 » Sun 19 Jul 2015 12:10pm

bigcarl wrote:
You do realise that probably means someone playing better and deserving a spot gets dropped. This is exactly why we need to get rid of Sandy as soon as possible.


Give us a break. Sandy is working okay for us. A lot of our developing players finding out what it feels like to win and may even experience a flag this year.

The same rules should apply to Sandy as to the seniors. Form earns and keeps spots. If Spencer can't show enough to get a ga me then it's sad, but so be it



Sandy haven't been winning until this year. Funny that because they are now winning its working. Well it isn't working if guys like White and Markworth are in the thirds and it shouldn't be anything like the seniors. Its the seconds. Its for development. Winning and losing will happen if our players are good enough. The club obviously don't think its working otherwise we wouldn't be going out on our own.

By the way they shouldn't even have VFL seconds. Its crap footy and wrecks other local clubs.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Spencer White

Postby bigcarl » Sun 19 Jul 2015 12:22pm

The club obviously don't think its working otherwise we wouldn't be going out on our own


In an ideal world (ie we can afford to) we field our own team in the VFL. In the meantime I think it's working okay with Sandy, certainly better under Richo than it has in the past. Good for the boys to be part of a winning culture and having to earn their spots
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 15240
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 1:36am

Re: Spencer White

Postby plugger66 » Sun 19 Jul 2015 12:28pm

bigcarl wrote:
The club obviously don't think its working otherwise we wouldn't be going out on our own


In an ideal world (ie we can afford to) we field our own team in the VFL. In the meantime I think it's working okay with Sandy, certainly better under Richo than it has in the past. Good for the boys to be part of a winning culture and having to earn their spots



The ideal world starts in 2017. It is happening and thank goodness. All the good clubs have their own side.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Spencer White

Postby skeptic » Sun 19 Jul 2015 12:41pm

I don't mind having our own reserves as long as we stick to it. Btw Casey, Sandy, Moorabbin and Seaford, Tassie and NZ... We keep jumping into these longterm commitments n abandoning them if they aren't perfect right away.

It's taken a couple of years but Sandy is right where we want it. Yes Markworth has been in the 3s but he's worked his way back. The partnership is bearing some fruit n is cheaper too.

I would hAte to start our own reserves n then in 3 seasons have to realign with someone else
skeptic
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8472
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 7:10pm

Re: Spencer White

Postby plugger66 » Sun 19 Jul 2015 12:49pm

skeptic wrote:I don't mind having our own reserves as long as we stick to it. Btw Casey, Sandy, Moorabbin and Seaford, Tassie and NZ... We keep jumping into these longterm commitments n abandoning them if they aren't perfect right away.

It's taken a couple of years but Sandy is right where we want it. Yes Markworth has been in the 3s but he's worked his way back. The partnership is bearing some fruit n is cheaper too.

I would hAte to start our own reserves n then in 3 seasons have to realign with someone else



I don't think that will happen but yes I agree we must stick to it. And I don't think many thought it was working previously. Its funny what winning does. Still doesn't solve the problem of our players playing thirds which is about B grade ammos. That isn't doing anyone any good.

Anyway unless something changes its happening at the start of 2017.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Spencer White

Postby Goose is king » Sun 19 Jul 2015 1:17pm

[quote="plugger66"][quote="bigcarl"][quote]The club obviously don't think its working otherwise we wouldn't be going out on our own[/quote]

In an ideal world (ie we can afford to) we field our own team in the VFL. In the meantime I think it's working okay with Sandy, certainly better under Richo than it has in the past. Good for the boys to be part of a winning culture and having to earn their spots[/quote]


The ideal world starts in 2017. It is happening and thank goodness. All the good clubs have their own side.[/quote]



Hawthorn don't have their own VFL side and it seems to work well for them.
They would have 35 AFL ready players.
I'm happy with how Sandy is working.
Goose is king
Club Player
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sun 27 Jan 2008 9:05am

Re: Spencer White

Postby plugger66 » Sun 19 Jul 2015 1:22pm

Goose is king wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
The club obviously don't think its working otherwise we wouldn't be going out on our own


In an ideal world (ie we can afford to) we field our own team in the VFL. In the meantime I think it's working okay with Sandy, certainly better under Richo than it has in the past. Good for the boys to be part of a winning culture and having to earn their spots



The ideal world starts in 2017. It is happening and thank goodness. All the good clubs have their own side.




Hawthorn don't have their own VFL side and it seems to work well for them.
They would have 35 AFL ready players.
I'm happy with how Sandy is working.



Hawthorn don't have their own side in name but completely run the club. Its saves them 200k a year apparently. And whether 100% people are happy, it finishes at the end of next year and IMO thank goodness. That might make it 99.9% who are happy. I reckon last year it was about 10% that were happy but winning does change minds.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Spencer White

Postby Goose is king » Sun 19 Jul 2015 1:35pm

I would prefer our own side too but don't think Spencer struggling has anything to do with the Sandy alliance.
Goose is king
Club Player
 
Posts: 1592
Joined: Sun 27 Jan 2008 9:05am

Re: Spencer White

Postby plugger66 » Sun 19 Jul 2015 1:46pm

Goose is king wrote:I would prefer our own side too but don't think Spencer struggling has anything to do with the Sandy alliance.



Neither do I. Not one bit.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 50626
Joined: Mon 26 Feb 2007 8:15pm
Location: oakleigh

Re: Spencer White

Postby saynta » Sun 19 Jul 2015 4:06pm

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
You do realise that probably means someone playing better and deserving a spot gets dropped. This is exactly why we need to get rid of Sandy as soon as possible.


Give us a break. Sandy is working okay for us. A lot of our developing players finding out what it feels like to win and may even experience a flag this year.

The same rules should apply to Sandy as to the seniors. Form earns and keeps spots. If Spencer can't show enough to get a ga me then it's sad, but so be it



Sandy haven't been winning until this year. Funny that because they are now winning its working. Well it isn't working if guys like White and Markworth are in the thirds and it shouldn't be anything like the seniors. Its the seconds. Its for development. Winning and losing will happen if our players are good enough. The club obviously don't think its working otherwise we wouldn't be going out on our own.

By the way they shouldn't even have VFL seconds. Its crap footy and wrecks other local clubs.



Of course they should. what a very stupid thing to say. I wouldn't think you would have a sole supporter amongst VFL clubs. No one cares about crap amateur clubs like Ormond. I certainly don't.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4813
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Con Gorozidis, cwrcyn, Gershwin, Joey, Linton Lodger, outside66, Peastify, peter van ravenstein, The Barometer, thefatdork and 49 guests