Paddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy

samoht wrote:Petracca must have "interviewed" okay at the Demons - maybe they have looser/lower standards?

Or the player they really wanted was already gone.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

kosifantutti wrote:
samoht wrote:Petracca must have "interviewed" okay at the Demons - maybe they have looser/lower standards?

Or the player they really wanted was already gone.
Possibly?

But the thing is they didn't overlook him - and go for the next draft pick instead (pick 3 or 4 etc - I think Brayshaw was their next pick.).
So it (his ego/his character flaws) mustn't have been that much of a concern for them?

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

He has played 18 games and nowhere near in succession. Buddy didn't set the world on fire at 18 games, Tom Hawkins certainly didn't and neither did Tom Lynch (GC).

the dome
Club Player

Paddy still young, still building.

I'm still hoping Paddy gets as many outings/ 20 games let's say for 2017 & if so he will have doubled his AFL experience right there.
I know many of us are impatient but as Kosifantutti pointed out in his version of Paddy's highlights, there are a fair few inspirational plays to encourage us all .
The next step is durability & consistency. This is Paddy's next challenge. Spud is putting it out there that ramping up more time being genuinely competitive will help his up-ward curve and as a famous competitor for our Saintly crew he probably has a point.
Anyway still taking it one game @ a time.
Good luck Paddy ifyou find yourself up against Collingwood on Sunday.

I'm hoping our guys are a bit more switched on and level-headed when stepping up to bag those tasty 6 Pointers. :D

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Many may just be concerned about his health and diabetes and how it could be affecting his output and development longer term - even if he kicks a bag this week - the concerns are there longer term.

Why wasn't his diabetes as much of a concern as say Petracca's ego ?

Will his body hold up? Can we build a forward line around him?
These are legit concerns.

Melbourne are happier with Petracca than Brayshaw - who was dropped.
He must be doing something right.... maybe we misjudged his character.

Maybe it's our recruiters that we should be concerned about?

We need players that we can build teams around - this should especially apply to top draft picks.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:He has played 18 games and nowhere near in succession. Buddy didn't set the world on fire at 18 games, Tom Hawkins certainly didn't and neither did Tom Lynch (GC).
Mmmm. But those three named are much more impressive physical beasts than Paddy.

Also Buddy is quite unique in that he basically cant mark the ball yet has still managed 800+ career goals from 250 games. He is 199cm and 106kg.

His ground game for a huge man is truly something remarkable. He is a phenomenon when you think about it. He also managed 77 goals in third season. Not bad for a bloke who can only take chest marks.

Another way to think about it - Buddy takes significantly less marks than Roo but kicks significantly more goals. He is a ground ball freak.

Who would you rather - An average mark like Buddy or a great mark like Levi Casboult?

Rhetorical question. We all know the answer.

Fun Fact: this got me checking the stats and I realised the Saints have three of the top 10 all time best mark averages of all time.

Roo (2) Loewe (6) Fisher (9)