Bruce v Stanley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bruce v Stanley

Wow, the Bruce man is killing it. I thought losing Rooey would lose us any chance of holding the forward line together.

iceman
Club Player

Happy to start cooking my humble pie, looked awesome from what you can see on TV

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Bruce is all over Stanley at the same age

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_p ... 1=O&fid2=O
All over?
I wonder how many goals Bruce would have kicked if he was playing full back this year?
Dont worry about goals (even though they are important).

Hes got twice as many contested possies and twice as many tackles and 7 times more contested marks and more marks in general (much harder take marks inside 50 than down back).

Heck Bruce even equals him in hit outs.

So yeah hes all over him anyway you slice it or dice and adjusting for positions. Just all over him.
You're funny.

Their stats are basically the same
Same kicks, handballs, marks.

Bruce is ahead in tackles, Stanley 20% more efficient.

Since they are playing conpletely different positions it's a pretty irrelevant comparison anyway.

He's probably all over dustin fletcher at the same age too.
Bruce has 3 goals per game average and twice as many contested possessions.
Bruce has 3 x time as many tackles.
Bruce has more marks and is playing a harder position
Bruce has 3 inside 50 marks per game - one of the hardest things to do in football
Bruce has TWICE AS MANY contested marks!

I can only assume you are joking.
Seriously you must have some weird crush thing for Stanley (not that there is anything wrong with that) because any rational person can see Bruce is all over him.
Perhaps get someone independent to make an analysis and get back to me because you just arent thinking straight.
Bruce's stats have been great this year but you're comparing his four games this year to 18 games for Stanley when he was playing in the back line. I hope Bruce keeps it up all season but four games is not a lot to make a comparison on.

You are saying they're the same age but with Bruce born in June and Stanley in December Bruce has half a year on him. Maybe give it a few more games and then compare Bruce 2015 to Stanley 2014.

Fair enough. Lets wait a month and compare Bruce 2015 to Stanley 2014.
The result will be even more comprehensive.
Try the link now ^