Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
millarsaint wrote:I don't understand why the state government wouldn't want another party involved as another potential revenue source to cover cost of development and ongoing.
The AFL would have contributed significant cash and then potentially nab games and interstate games played there which is more revenue into the hat.
The AFL could quite rightly through teddy into the corner and withdrawal completely. Who gives a baboons foreskin if the season starts one week early?
It will be great to go there and watch the cricket but what's happening through winter? I like Andrews but isn't he a dirty essendon supporter?
At least this would mean Moorabbin is a definite for the VFL and one might expect to find a decent pie and coffee.
There you go, Pluggs. As Miller pointed out, the more people/groups/organizations whom can be shown to benefit, the greater the chance of a successful and more bountious funding submission.

I'm still a little perplexed that you can't see that. :?

More So though, as a cricket lover, I'm very concerned that those entrusted with the welfare of the game here in Vic can't see that.

Joint submissions for mutual gain. Win-win.

Anyway, I'll see at JO for the first match of the Sheffield Shield season... this July... :P

Dave I don't think you are stupid so please think. CV may not have had a choice to join up with another party. The offer was for CV only. Should they go into the labor party and say we wont be part of this unless you spend 20 million more so that the Saints can be part of it. So you can blame Labor but it isn't CV fault. Not that hard to understand but you have completely lost it on this subject so understandable. And I don't understand your last line at all. Cricket isn't played in July. I still haven't worked out why they have drop in wickets at the G and Etihad.
My last sentence (with the unfortunate typo of omitting the word 'you') is a key point to the argument.

Us using the ground during the footy season would not hurt the cricketers one bit... coz they can't use the ground during the footy season... i.e. the Melbourne winter. :idea:

As for your points Pleasing...
- Footy is already played on JO in winter, and always has been... the centre wicket is fine.
- CV's admin were not forced into supporting or not supporting joining with us... they have actively and publicly said they want JO all to themselves. So once again, I look forward to watching those fools trying to put on a Sheffield Shield game in Melbourne... July.

There's no reason not to share the facility with us... but lots of mutual synergy reasons to do so.

As further proven by the Sheffield Shield final being played in Tassie... :roll: CV's admin isn't capable of running a bath, let alone being entrusted to run the great game of cricket in this state.

Dave get this into your head please. Even if we end up at the ground outside the JO we will never play at the ground in a home and away game. Never so stop and grow up. And why would they want us to use the ground even if they aren't. What benefit do they get. The answer is none. Zero. Donuts. The idea of this ground is so CV don't go to Tassy. It is their ground. How is your comment on the big money coming Dave? We will get to play at the JO like we will get Cameron in the PSD. And I haven't written us off getting to outside the JO and using their facilties. I have written off us ever playing a game there and that Christ for that. 7k to watch us play in Melbourne. Yep bugger the other 10K who want to go.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The JO is the Go.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

interesting comment from Ameet during Jack's presser this morning
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2015-03- ... y-26-march

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:interesting comment from Ameet during Jack's presser this morning
I'm not sure that JO is really on the radar for us BUT it could be a bargaining chip in our quest for funding for Moorabbin

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:interesting comment from Ameet during Jack's presser this morning
Are you going to tell us what it is or do we have to sit through a nine minute video and guess?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Bainsy when asked about Moorabin he said something to the affect of that the focus is on working towards a resolution to Junction Oval and will be until they have and definitive outcome!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

well found Eastern

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Image

well found Eastern
Spotted when I took 6/8 down there to practise in her dad's old parking spot !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

AFL ‏@AFL
St Kilda will soon clarify if Moorabbin or Junction Oval will be their long-term home ground, says CEO Matt Finnis: http://afl.to/1xshh8W

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-30/s ... into-place

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The latest marketing is very focused on the spirit of St Kilda the suburb.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-04-0 ... 9_25616468

If we never have anything to do with the Junction Oval precinct I will be happy if they embrace the name St Kilda as something more than a historical coincidence.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

How many people within a 5km radius of Moorabbin follow the Saints and would embrace new facilities and attend VFL games with a Saints stand alone team? Pose the same question for Junction Oval and I'd bet that the answer would be different. In my opinion, Moorabbin seems a more logical choice. We would also not be treated as the poor relative of Cricket Victoria. I live in Melbourne's inner northern suburbs, and although the Junction Oval is much closer to where i live, I would still be more inclined to go to Moorabbin to watch our VFL team. I'd be interested to see how many people feel this way.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:How many people within a 5km radius of Moorabbin follow the Saints and would embrace new facilities and attend VFL games with a Saints stand alone team? Pose the same question for Junction Oval and I'd bet that the answer would be different. In my opinion, Moorabbin seems a more logical choice. We would also not be treated as the poor relative of Cricket Victoria. I live in Melbourne's inner northern suburbs, and although the Junction Oval is much closer to where i live, I would still be more inclined to go to Moorabbin to watch our VFL team. I'd be interested to see how many people feel this way.
Living in the suburb, I can tell you that there are a lot of saints supporters in the area and I for one would love the VFL side to play here. But the point is moot because there is no intention of playing VFL games in St Kilda, this was always slated for Moorabin, The JO project was only a relocation of the Seaford facilities (training, Gym and administration).

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bump!

Ooooophs, Sorry folks, as one ages they keep bumping into things :shock: :wink: :shock: :wink: I'll be a little more careful next time, promise :P

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bump!

Ooooophs, Sorry folks, as one ages they keep bumping into things :shock: :wink: :shock: :wink: I'll be a little more careful next time, promise :P

loris
Saintsational Legend

OMG, as you age you keep repeating yourself, as well......... tutt tutt.

Carry On!

loris
Saintsational Legend

BUMP!

Gawd this post was on page 3 as I was hunting for another post and silly ole me I bumped into it.........clumsy old duffer am I not??

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Balance issues ? ;)

bigcarlosis
Club Player

Links to Andrew's talking Moorabin . . . The Hun and Sen

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 7314768597

Can't wait to get back there behind glass screamin for Joffa! . . that is Joffa under all that mud??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well the JO is dead and it looks like we want out of Seaford so its back to Moorabbin. Would that be the dumbest move our club has ever done by leaving in the first place and there is a fair bit to beat in dumb things. I say yes.

stkfc1
Club Player

Someone close to the club told me that we are definitely moving back to Moorabbin. They are looking at options of "selling" Seaford. Kingston council has done a total 180 and are working with the club to make it as smooth a transition as possible. They want to be back there by 2017.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:Someone close to the club told me that we are definitely moving back to Moorabbin. They are looking at options of "selling" Seaford. Kingston council has done a total 180 and are working with the club to make it as smooth a transition as possible. They want to be back there by 2017.
The trouble is Councils have elections.

And the elected persons change.

And minds change.

And decisions change.

Hopefully none of that affects any decisions we make.

Out of curiosity, when are the next Kingston elections?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Archie Fraser - what an absolute c*nt.
And the Board members who signed off on it - f*ck you too. Morons.

Apologies for my terrible language.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Wed 22 Apr 2015 6:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarlosis
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stkfc1 wrote:Someone close to the club told me that we are definitely moving back to Moorabbin. They are looking at options of "selling" Seaford. Kingston council has done a total 180 and are working with the club to make it as smooth a transition as possible. They want to be back there by 2017.
The trouble is Councils have elections.

And the elected persons change.

And minds change.

And decisions change.

Hopefully none of that affects any decisions we make.

Out of curiosity, when are the next Kingston elections?
Can't see anything wrong there, apparently Hirdy had a ripper! ooops got that wrong!!
Anyway's . . . zoning can change and tenants can change and communities can re-purpose facilities and . . . I reckon it's on!!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Bumity, bump, bump. :D

Seems the Poodles have started to cotton-on, and have been trying for a premiership points game or two at the Western Oval.

Gee. We risk getting left behind.

St Kilda and the Junction Oval are way more exciting than Dogscray.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:Bumity, bump, bump. :D

Seems the Poodles have started to cotton-on, and have been trying for a premiership points game or two at the Western Oval.

Gee. We risk getting left behind.

St Kilda and the Junction Oval are way more exciting than Dogscray.

That is their ground. Our grounds are Moorabbin and Seaford. The JO is now a cricket ground. Footy finished there last Saturday.