Saints homeward bound!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby samuraisaint » Sat 25 Nov 2017 8:13am

And Richmond train at Craigieburn now. How's that working out for them?

Blaming Seaford for all of our woes was, and is, definitely counter-productive. Like sacking coaches. It doesn't work. Blaming something, or someone, for not being successful is what losers do.
Do you like Dixieland? I live for this music man.
User avatar
samuraisaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Sun 25 Sep 2011 3:23pm
Location: Outside Uncle Vic's at 2 in the morning.

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Sun 26 Nov 2017 11:03pm

samuraisaint wrote:And Richmond train at Craigieburn now. How's that working out for them?

Blaming Seaford for all of our woes was, and is, definitely counter-productive. Like sacking coaches. It doesn't work. Blaming something, or someone, for not being successful is what losers do.

Hi SS, I reckon that you're misrepresenting the point somewhat with that argument. None of those things you listed are really what this thread is about. No point my reinventing the wheel so to speak. So, if you ever get a few spare minutes, please just have a little look back through the pages of this thread. :) All the reasons-why are there.

But, basically the St Kilda Bowling Club was about to fold, but they turned it all around (big time) by leveraging their location... St Kilda. We can, and need to do the same...

- Get back to the grooviest suburb in Melbourne (arguably, in Australia).
- Tap into that 'vibe'.
- Tap into the marketing (sponsors, international tourists, grand prix crowds, St Kilda Music Festival crowds... the list goes on).
- Establish a boutique venue (and make money c/f paying out $75K for a 26,000 home crowd - Richmond train over summer somewhere halfway to Canberra, but not during the footy season... and they don't play home games there.)
- Make our home games 'an event'.
- Get that social club rocking again. (If the St Kilda bowlo' can do it, we sure can!)
- St Kilda stands alone amongst 17 vanilla same-same football teams. We are unique. We don't do vanilla. That's marketable.
- This is way way more important than winning our next premiership, because...
- Do this right, and we can become the best known Australian sporting club... both domestically, and... internationally.
- And premierships will follow.




Or... we could continue on living hand to mouth, constantly at risk bankruptcy and hence having to do the bidding of the AFL like a good little lap dog, and hey, occasionally rising up to the ladder, before crashing down again... empty handed. :(
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Saint 58 » Mon 27 Nov 2017 12:40pm

Dave McNamara wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:And Richmond train at Craigieburn now. How's that working out for them?

Blaming Seaford for all of our woes was, and is, definitely counter-productive. Like sacking coaches. It doesn't work. Blaming something, or someone, for not being successful is what losers do.

Hi SS, I reckon that you're misrepresenting the point somewhat with that argument. None of those things you listed are really what this thread is about. No point my reinventing the wheel so to speak. So, if you ever get a few spare minutes, please just have a little look back through the pages of this thread. :) All the reasons-why are there.

But, basically the St Kilda Bowling Club was about to fold, but they turned it all around (big time) by leveraging their location... St Kilda. We can, and need to do the same...

- Get back to the grooviest suburb in Melbourne (arguably, in Australia).
- Tap into that 'vibe'.
- Tap into the marketing (sponsors, international tourists, grand prix crowds, St Kilda Music Festival crowds... the list goes on).
- Establish a boutique venue (and make money c/f paying out $75K for a 26,000 home crowd - Richmond train over summer somewhere halfway to Canberra, but not during the footy season... and they don't play home games there.)
- Make our home games 'an event'.
- Get that social club rocking again. (If the St Kilda bowlo' can do it, we sure can!)
- St Kilda stands alone amongst 17 vanilla same-same football teams. We are unique. We don't do vanilla. That's marketable.
- This is way way more important than winning our next premiership, because...
- Do this right, and we can become the best known Australian sporting club... both domestically, and... internationally.
- And premierships will follow.




Or... we could continue on living hand to mouth, constantly at risk bankruptcy and hence having to do the bidding of the AFL like a good little lap dog, and hey, occasionally rising up to the ladder, before crashing down again... empty handed. :(


+1
The Richmond/Craigieburn/Premiership point is not looking at the big picture, we need to expand & grow
Everything points to the JO.
What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
User avatar
Saint 58
Club Player
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu 02 Nov 2006 11:10am
Location: Anywhere the Saints are playing

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Saint 58 » Mon 27 Nov 2017 12:40pm

Dave McNamara wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:And Richmond train at Craigieburn now. How's that working out for them?

Blaming Seaford for all of our woes was, and is, definitely counter-productive. Like sacking coaches. It doesn't work. Blaming something, or someone, for not being successful is what losers do.

Hi SS, I reckon that you're misrepresenting the point somewhat with that argument. None of those things you listed are really what this thread is about. No point my reinventing the wheel so to speak. So, if you ever get a few spare minutes, please just have a little look back through the pages of this thread. :) All the reasons-why are there.

But, basically the St Kilda Bowling Club was about to fold, but they turned it all around (big time) by leveraging their location... St Kilda. We can, and need to do the same...

- Get back to the grooviest suburb in Melbourne (arguably, in Australia).
- Tap into that 'vibe'.
- Tap into the marketing (sponsors, international tourists, grand prix crowds, St Kilda Music Festival crowds... the list goes on).
- Establish a boutique venue (and make money c/f paying out $75K for a 26,000 home crowd - Richmond train over summer somewhere halfway to Canberra, but not during the footy season... and they don't play home games there.)
- Make our home games 'an event'.
- Get that social club rocking again. (If the St Kilda bowlo' can do it, we sure can!)
- St Kilda stands alone amongst 17 vanilla same-same football teams. We are unique. We don't do vanilla. That's marketable.
- This is way way more important than winning our next premiership, because...
- Do this right, and we can become the best known Australian sporting club... both domestically, and... internationally.
- And premierships will follow.




Or... we could continue on living hand to mouth, constantly at risk bankruptcy and hence having to do the bidding of the AFL like a good little lap dog, and hey, occasionally rising up to the ladder, before crashing down again... empty handed. :(


+1
The Richmond/Craigieburn/Premiership point is not looking at the big picture, we need to expand & grow
Everything points to the JO.
What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
User avatar
Saint 58
Club Player
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu 02 Nov 2006 11:10am
Location: Anywhere the Saints are playing

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby samuraisaint » Mon 27 Nov 2017 10:40pm

No problem with the Junction Oval Dave - as posted on this site in the past, I saw some fantastic games there against Fitzroy 40 years ago as a kid. Loved the place. Grew up going to Moorabbin in the 70s too, and have many happy, fond memories of some amazing times there.

But I think the possibility of us going back to St. Kilda to train and play is gone. Moorabbin will happen and as it turns out we probably should never have left there when we did to go to Waverley. However, as I have posted on this site before, the problem we had at St. Kilda was the storied issues with the cricket club, and now Cricket Victoria, and at Moorabbin it was disputes with the council (although I have to admit I hate the pokies too).

My point is that we as a club have uprooted from several grounds, and will now leave a perfectly good training facility at Seaford to move back to Moorabbin, and in the past have sacked coaches when we shouldn't have (Kenny Sheldon, Stan and Thommo), and I just want a bit of stability at the club.
Do you like Dixieland? I live for this music man.
User avatar
samuraisaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Sun 25 Sep 2011 3:23pm
Location: Outside Uncle Vic's at 2 in the morning.

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Numpty » Sat 02 Dec 2017 6:44pm

I like this JO, believe me. But it needs a wall. #makingthejunctionovalgreatagainwithawall
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................Image
User avatar
Numpty
Club Player
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat 18 Jul 2015 12:54pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby HardSaint » Sat 02 Dec 2017 10:33pm

Dave McNamara wrote:- Get back to the grooviest suburb in Melbourne (arguably, in Australia).


Sorry Dave - have you been down there in the last 10 years? I get your sentiment, but the days of the Seaview Ballroom, the Prince of Wales, 3am at Topolino's, scoring smack at Leos or Cleopatra's and the grimy edginess of the old St Kilda are long gone (sadly) - junkies and hookers on Grey Street, while giving the place a groove, arent quite the groove that the marketeers see "traction" in

but yeah, the appeal of the "edge" seeking gentrifiers, who've succeeded in totally sanitising the place into a buffed facsimile of our beloved broken girl does have currency with the money trail. The flop houses which were home to the crazies and characters are now over run with English backpacker lads and lasses.

call it what you want - but please dont call it groovy.... leave that to your beloved hipsters in Thornbury, and apparently Reservoir is coming along these days too

Dave McNamara wrote:- St Kilda stands alone amongst 17 vanilla same-same football teams. We are unique. We don't do vanilla. That's marketable.


we were never vanilla - we were always Neopolitan - even if some ice cream makers had the pink on the right sand the chocolate on the left. Mum always bought Bulla, cos they had the chocolate and strawberry where the black and red should have been
User avatar
HardSaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2005 1:58pm

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby asiu » Sun 03 Dec 2017 11:52am

we were never vanilla - we were always Neopolitan - even if some ice cream makers had the pink on the right sand the chocolate on the left. Mum always bought Bulla, cos they had the chocolate and strawberry where the black and red should have been


haha

not that i was ever into neopolitan
but Bulla is good
'n mum of HS is a legend

good work that woman !!
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4902
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby magnifisaint » Sun 03 Dec 2017 11:56am

So back to the Junction we go
User avatar
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5423
Joined: Sun 02 May 2004 2:52am
Location: Fiddling under my raincoat

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Ellaandjohn » Sun 03 Dec 2017 3:15pm

magnifisaint wrote:So back to the Junction we go


Surely we aren’t if we are spending this money on Moorabbin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ellaandjohn
Club Player
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon 22 May 2017 11:02pm

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby saynta » Mon 04 Dec 2017 9:45am

magnifisaint wrote:So back to the Junction we go



Never in a million years and thank your god for that.

It was a dump and we were mere tenants to a slum lord.
Last edited by saynta on Thu 07 Dec 2017 9:16am, edited 1 time in total.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5093
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Numpty » Tue 05 Dec 2017 9:58pm

I've been speaking to Jared about this JO, and he agrees with me. We just need to build a wall, a great wall. And nobody knows about great walls like I do, not even the Chinese, believe me. So we will build a great great wall around the JO. Then we'll move our embassy in there. I really like this Jerusalem Oval, believe me. #makingjerusalemovalgrateagain
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................Image
User avatar
Numpty
Club Player
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat 18 Jul 2015 12:54pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Numpty » Tue 05 Dec 2017 10:06pm

And my great plans, really great plans, don't stop there folks, believe me. Today I issued a wonderful proclamation, a simply wonderful proclamation, believe me, to free up the land around the Jerusalem Oval and the Albert Park Lake for more public use. (But not the towely Muslim Mexican public, no way, believe me folks.) This land will now be available to patriots for hunting, ranching, and coal mining. I love coal mining, believe me. #makingranchingandcoalmininggrateagain
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................Image
User avatar
Numpty
Club Player
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat 18 Jul 2015 12:54pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Thu 07 Dec 2017 12:36am

Some interesting (and no doubt some rubbery also) numbers...


2017 AFL & Club Annual Reports

Revenue
Hawthorn – $70,742,464
Essendon – $65,165,407
Richmond – $65,164,372
Geelong – $57,804,052
Brisbane – $52,060,420
Melbourne – $51,988,711
St Kilda – $47,952,666

Profit/loss
St Kilda – $5,267,414
Essendon – $5,054,186
Hawthorn – $4,933,128
Richmond – $3,063,298
Melbourne – $1,363,060
Geelong – ($339,849)
Brisbane – ($2,261,990)

Gaming & Social Revenue
Hawthorn – $19,087,366
Brisbane – $15,687,630
Essendon – $13,351,296
Melbourne – $11,641,049
Geelong – $10,537,358
Richmond – $7,180,170
St Kilda – $1,934,045

Gaming Profit :evil:
Brisbane – $3,744,228
Melbourne – $3,720,679
Essendon – $2,276,154
Richmond – $942,060
St Kilda – $616,340 (In other words, in the grand scheme of things... SFA. :evil: )
Hawthorn – Too ashamed to say. :evil:

Revenue without Gaming
Richmond – $57,984,202
Essendon – $51,814,111
Hawthorn – $51,655,098
Geelong – $47,266,694
St Kilda – $46,018,621
Melbourne – $40,347,662
Brisbane – $36,372,790

Profit/Loss without Gaming
St Kilda – $4,651,074
Essendon – $2,778,032
Richmond – $2,121,238
Melbourne – ($2,357,619)
Brisbane – ($6,006,218)
Hawthorn – Not available
Geelong – not available.

Membership, Reserved seating
Geelong – $16,039,108 (includes gate reciepts)
Hawthorn – $12,446,104
Essendon – $11,971,985
Melbourne – $8,057,900 (includes fundraising)
St Kilda – $7,477,148
Brisbane – $5,530,944
Richmond – Not Available

Revenue per member
Hawthorn – $164.49 per member
Essendon – $176.66 per member
St Kilda – $177.81 per member
Melbourne – $190.80 per member (includes fundraising)
Brisbane – $258.92 per member (includes gate)
Geelong – $292.40 (includes fundraising)
Richmond – Not available

Gate takings
Melbourne – $5,366,974
Hawthorn – $5,117,239
Essendon – $2,368,742
St Kilda – $1,525,634
Brisbane – included in Membership
Richmond – Not available
Sponsorship & Marketing
Geelong – $14,535,577 (inc fundraising) (Looks like having one's own boutique stadium works out ok... :idea: )
Essendon – $14,326,352
Hawthorn – $14,155,211
Richmond – $13,638,619
Melbourne – $9,399,004 (inc Mt Hotham, Falls Creek & Mt Buller carpark fees)
Brisbane – $8,889,077
St Kilda – $6,170,905

Merchandise
Hawthorn – $2,088,983
Geelong – $2,065,559
Melbourne – $1,085,881
Brisbane – $771,375
St Kilda – $710,803
Richmond – Not Available

Merchandise (drugs and associated paraphernalia)
Essendon – $2,066,030

AFL Distributions
Brisbane – $20,932,600
St Kilda – $20,602,885
Melbourne – $15,713,629
Richmond – $13,627,896
Essendon – $12,945,389
Geelong – $12,116,718
Hawthorn – $10,861,443

Football Department spending
Geelong – ($25,981,512)
Melbourne – ($24,223,494)
Brisbane – ($24,712,245)
St Kilda – ($23,715,001)
Essendon – ($23,687,766)
Hawthorn – Not Available
Richmond – Not Available

AFLW Cost
Melbourne – ($699,970)

Assets
Hawthorn – $66,430,723
Essendon – morally bankrupt
Geelong – $38,218,519
Richmond – $37,332,992
St Kilda – $22,121,016
Melbourne – $18,012,858
Brisbane – $9,299,059

Liabilities
Geelong – $28,627,386
Brisbane – $22,432,913
Hawthorn – $19,898,341
St Kilda – $17,488,177
Essendon – $12,854,759
Melbourne – $11,810,162
Richmond – $10,178,623

Equity
Hawthorn – $46,532,382
Essendon – $32,507,785
Richmond – $27,154,369
Geelong – $9,591,133
Melbourne – $6,202,696
St Kilda – $4,632,839
Brisbane – ($13,133,854)


http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=4121
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Thu 07 Dec 2017 12:58am, edited 1 time in total.
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Thu 07 Dec 2017 12:43am

So, looking at the above figures... get to JO, do it right, and we can humongous-massive-ginormously improve our figures in areas like...
Gate takings. :evil:
Marketing.
Press coverage.
Social club takings.
Merchandise.
Memberships.
Cool-factor.
Attractiveness to potential players.

Cups in that display cabinet.
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Thu 07 Dec 2017 12:50am

And Saintas, get rid of those pokies!!! :evil:


They bring in $SFA.

They have actually cost us millions!!! (And almost certainly two flags... at least. :evil: :evil: )

Get rid of them and we further raise our cred', which opens up further 'earning' opportunities.



(I note that the shamefully misnamed 'family club' was too ashamed to publish how much its pokies gouge out of lower socio-economic areas. :evil: :evil: :evil: But based on previously years, $20+ million would be in the VFL Ball Park Waverley.)
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby ausfatcat » Thu 07 Dec 2017 8:50am

Dave McNamara wrote:And Saintas, get rid of those pokies!!! :evil:


They bring in $SFA.

They have actually cost us millions!!! (And almost certainly two flags... at least. :evil: :evil: )


how? and 2 mil aint sfa
User avatar
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5930
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 4:36pm

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Sat 09 Dec 2017 12:00am

ausfatcat wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:And Saintas, get rid of those pokies!!! :evil:


They bring in $SFA.

They have actually cost us millions!!! (And almost certainly two flags... at least. :evil: :evil: )


how? and 2 mil aint sfa


Hi AFC, it's a lot of figures to trawl through, so I've removed a few to simplify things. (Please see below.)

We made $616,340 from gambling. And IMHO, in the grand scheme of things that is SFA.

The pokies are why we moved to outer Siberia. (Thanks Archie bloody Fraser. :evil: ) That move has cost us millions in lost sponsorship (sure, Kimmy D hardly helped either), millions in the lost opportunity to say "up yours Collo" and play home games at Moorabbin again, and millions in lost relevance. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Move to JO and we could turn the club around... and become what we always should have been. However, Port Phillip council, and the community there in general, would not accept our pokies. Therefore, throw even more untold millions into the cost-equation for having those pokies... in more lost opportunity. :(

Oh, and then there's also that nagging little moral issue. (We need the late and great Pluggsy back on here. He was a great campaigner against the scourge of the poker machine. Maybe his folks could persuade him to return...? They're such nice people. :) )

2017 AFL & Club Annual Reports

Gaming & Social Revenue
Hawthorn – $19,087,366
Brisbane – $15,687,630
Essendon – $13,351,296
Melbourne – $11,641,049
Geelong – $10,537,358
Richmond – $7,180,170
St Kilda – $1,934,045

Gaming Profit :evil:
Brisbane – $3,744,228
Melbourne – $3,720,679
Essendon – $2,276,154
Richmond – $942,060
St Kilda – $616,340 (In other words, in the grand scheme of things... SFA. :evil: )
Hawthorn – Too ashamed to say. :evil:


Profit/Loss without Gaming
St Kilda – $4,651,074
Essendon – $2,778,032
Richmond – $2,121,238
Melbourne – ($2,357,619)
Brisbane – ($6,006,218)
Hawthorn – Not available
Geelong – not available.


Nuff Nuff have no supporters, no facilities, and no relevance. Yet... they've been able to turn their debt-ridden finances around.

Nuff Nuff also have no pokies. :shock:

So if that yawn-invoking, vanilla-as mob can do that... think what the league's most 'out there', maverick and interesting club could do. :D
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby samuraisaint » Sat 09 Dec 2017 12:31am

North have a lot of supporters - as anyone who went to Boomer Harvey's big testimonial game can attest to. They outnumbered us 3:1 that night. I think they also made up about half the numbers at the game earlier that year in our home game when we played them. Their members did have reciprocal rights to enter the match on Nth Melb memberships that day though.
Their facilities are also very good. They received extremely generous government funding to get their training facilities centre completed some time back.

Having said all that, from a purely on field perspective I feel we've gone ahead of them, and I think we'll beat them twice again this year. But it won't be easy because one of our wins against them this year was on the back of emotion due to it being Riewoldt's last home game.

Onfield, it is going to be a very different looking St. Kilda team from now on, especially if Gilbert or Armo get injured at any stage. The personel is very different to the 2012-2016 Saints teams, and I think it highly likely that we'll beat both North and Hawthorn twice next year - and the Bulldogs too. With the two top ten picks this year it appears that the side finally has corrected some of the poor decisions of the past and we now have some depth, if lacking a bit of cream in the midfield, and if Paddy, Goddard, Rice and Freeman can make a solid contribution, as they should being high draft picks, we'll have a fair year I would imagine, if not making finals.
Do you like Dixieland? I live for this music man.
User avatar
samuraisaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 2661
Joined: Sun 25 Sep 2011 3:23pm
Location: Outside Uncle Vic's at 2 in the morning.

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Ellaandjohn » Sat 09 Dec 2017 5:02pm

Dave McNamara wrote:Some interesting (and no doubt some rubbery also) numbers...


2017 AFL & Club Annual Reports

Revenue
Hawthorn – $70,742,464
Essendon – $65,165,407
Richmond – $65,164,372
Geelong – $57,804,052
Brisbane – $52,060,420
Melbourne – $51,988,711
St Kilda – $47,952,666

Profit/loss
St Kilda – $5,267,414
Essendon – $5,054,186
Hawthorn – $4,933,128
Richmond – $3,063,298
Melbourne – $1,363,060
Geelong – ($339,849)
Brisbane – ($2,261,990)

Gaming & Social Revenue
Hawthorn – $19,087,366
Brisbane – $15,687,630
Essendon – $13,351,296
Melbourne – $11,641,049
Geelong – $10,537,358
Richmond – $7,180,170
St Kilda – $1,934,045

Gaming Profit :evil:
Brisbane – $3,744,228
Melbourne – $3,720,679
Essendon – $2,276,154
Richmond – $942,060
St Kilda – $616,340 (In other words, in the grand scheme of things... SFA. :evil: )
Hawthorn – Too ashamed to say. :evil:

Revenue without Gaming
Richmond – $57,984,202
Essendon – $51,814,111
Hawthorn – $51,655,098
Geelong – $47,266,694
St Kilda – $46,018,621
Melbourne – $40,347,662
Brisbane – $36,372,790

Profit/Loss without Gaming
St Kilda – $4,651,074
Essendon – $2,778,032
Richmond – $2,121,238
Melbourne – ($2,357,619)
Brisbane – ($6,006,218)
Hawthorn – Not available
Geelong – not available.

Membership, Reserved seating
Geelong – $16,039,108 (includes gate reciepts)
Hawthorn – $12,446,104
Essendon – $11,971,985
Melbourne – $8,057,900 (includes fundraising)
St Kilda – $7,477,148
Brisbane – $5,530,944
Richmond – Not Available

Revenue per member
Hawthorn – $164.49 per member
Essendon – $176.66 per member
St Kilda – $177.81 per member
Melbourne – $190.80 per member (includes fundraising)
Brisbane – $258.92 per member (includes gate)
Geelong – $292.40 (includes fundraising)
Richmond – Not available

Gate takings
Melbourne – $5,366,974
Hawthorn – $5,117,239
Essendon – $2,368,742
St Kilda – $1,525,634
Brisbane – included in Membership
Richmond – Not available
Sponsorship & Marketing
Geelong – $14,535,577 (inc fundraising) (Looks like having one's own boutique stadium works out ok... :idea: )
Essendon – $14,326,352
Hawthorn – $14,155,211
Richmond – $13,638,619
Melbourne – $9,399,004 (inc Mt Hotham, Falls Creek & Mt Buller carpark fees)
Brisbane – $8,889,077
St Kilda – $6,170,905

Merchandise
Hawthorn – $2,088,983
Geelong – $2,065,559
Melbourne – $1,085,881
Brisbane – $771,375
St Kilda – $710,803
Richmond – Not Available

Merchandise (drugs and associated paraphernalia)
Essendon – $2,066,030

AFL Distributions
Brisbane – $20,932,600
St Kilda – $20,602,885
Melbourne – $15,713,629
Richmond – $13,627,896
Essendon – $12,945,389
Geelong – $12,116,718
Hawthorn – $10,861,443

Football Department spending
Geelong – ($25,981,512)
Melbourne – ($24,223,494)
Brisbane – ($24,712,245)
St Kilda – ($23,715,001)
Essendon – ($23,687,766)
Hawthorn – Not Available
Richmond – Not Available

AFLW Cost
Melbourne – ($699,970)

Assets
Hawthorn – $66,430,723
Essendon – morally bankrupt
Geelong – $38,218,519
Richmond – $37,332,992
St Kilda – $22,121,016
Melbourne – $18,012,858
Brisbane – $9,299,059

Liabilities
Geelong – $28,627,386
Brisbane – $22,432,913
Hawthorn – $19,898,341
St Kilda – $17,488,177
Essendon – $12,854,759
Melbourne – $11,810,162
Richmond – $10,178,623

Equity
Hawthorn – $46,532,382
Essendon – $32,507,785
Richmond – $27,154,369
Geelong – $9,591,133
Melbourne – $6,202,696
St Kilda – $4,632,839
Brisbane – ($13,133,854)


http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=4121




So if afl clubs don’t have pokies then individuals make the money. Surely it’s better that basically a not for profit company in other words footy clubs have them than a matherison.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ellaandjohn
Club Player
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon 22 May 2017 11:02pm

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Sun 10 Dec 2017 8:43pm

Saint 58 - I believe that you may have a PM. :)
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Sun 10 Dec 2017 8:46pm

Ellaandjohn wrote:So if afl clubs don’t have pokies then individuals make the money. Surely it’s better that basically a not for profit company in other words footy clubs have them than a matherison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ella and John. It's great that you've been able to pass on to us a message from your son. And please pass on my best wishes, and that I hope to see him back on here one day soon. And also that I look forward to buying him (and Trev, and Sting) a beer (hell..., beers :D ) when we eventually do return to JO. :D

As for his point re Matherson, that's a very valid one, however one could make a similar point re a whole range of other legal, but morally dubious, sources of making an income.

And, forgetting for a moment the moral side of things, as explained above (and in other posts in this thread, and in other threads), there's also the sheer hard line/bottom line pragmatic consideration... having those pokies has cost us a net millions of dollars recently, and they also jeopardise us going forward.

They have to go! (And doing so doesn't seem to have hurt Nuff Nuff's bottom line.)



PS: If you guys are unsure what Nuff Nuff is, your son will know. :)




The Fireman wrote:The JO is the GO
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby Dave McNamara » Sun 10 Dec 2017 10:03pm

Ellaandjohn wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:So back to the Junction we go


Surely we aren’t if we are spending this money on Moorabbin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'd certainly be an astute move to let things 'settle' for a period of time over the $$$ pumped into the Moorabbin redevelopment. Beyond that point though, it wouldn't matter.

Just like is/will soon be the case at outer Siberia, the money spent on the facilities isn't wasted, as local community groups simply move in in place of the Saintas. So, there'd be no issue re 'wasting' public money.



The Fireman wrote:the JO is the GO
It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hArSps&feature=player_detailpage

Matt Finnis CEO wrote:"St Kilda is an iconic part of Melbourne which has an identifiable attitude and spirit that is really aligned with where we want to take the club. It is grounded but it is aspirational, it is eclectic, everyone belongs, and we say how do we capture that as an identity? It would be a good move on so many levels for the club."
User avatar
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5263
Joined: Wed 21 Sep 2011 2:44pm
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby saynta » Mon 11 Dec 2017 10:42am

J O is thankfully, never going to happen. Moorabbin is our home. Physically and spiritually.
saynta
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5093
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 3:53pm

Re: Saints homeward bound!!

Postby asiu » Mon 11 Dec 2017 10:59am

whilst i luv ya Dmac
i tend to agree with the crochety old dud
Image
.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.
asiu
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4902
Joined: Thu 08 Apr 2010 8:11pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Harves Man, Jacks Back and 20 guests