We need players like Kennedy - Harris

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainters85
Club Player

We need players like Kennedy - Harris

Melbourne last season were extremely successful last year during the trading and drafting period.. I can't believe he was taken at pick 40!! This kid is a gun and he's the type of player that we need, fast, skilful and a good kick for goal.. hopefully with another preseason under his belt, Billings would turn out to be what Kennedy-Harris is.. We were also pretty good in the draft last year in picking up Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Templeton.. Dunstan has been a gun, the next Lenny Hayes possibly? Haven't seen much of Acres and Billings had an interrupted preseason but was still showed a lot of talent in some games this year especially the Essendon one.. his kicking is extremely efficent and hopefully he can become FASTER!! Hopefully we can sustain a couple of draft picks in the top 20, a few gun mids and White, Stanley and Bruce could come as our next three tall forwards 8-) Maybe would should trade out the No.1 draft pick? The club has already said that they hadn't ruled that out, McCartin would probably be No.1 but I don't think we need a tall forward just yet.. mids first always :)
We need to keep most of our experience just so that the young guns can develop properly..

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: We need players like Kennedy - Harris

sainters85 wrote:Melbourne last season were extremely successful last year during the trading and drafting period.. I can't believe he was taken at pick 40!! This kid is a gun and he's the type of player that we need, fast, skilful and a good kick for goal.. hopefully with another preseason under his belt, Billings would turn out to be what Kennedy-Harris is.. We were also pretty good in the draft last year in picking up Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Templeton.. Dunstan has been a gun, the next Lenny Hayes possibly? Haven't seen much of Acres and Billings had an interrupted preseason but was still showed a lot of talent in some games this year especially the Essendon one.. his kicking is extremely efficent and hopefully he can become FASTER!! Hopefully we can sustain a couple of draft picks in the top 20, a few gun mids and White, Stanley and Bruce could come as our next three tall forwards 8-) Maybe would should trade out the No.1 draft pick? The club has already said that they hadn't ruled that out, McCartin would probably be No.1 but I don't think we need a tall forward just yet.. mids first always :)
We need to keep most of our experience just so that the young guns can develop properly..
We can only dream that next season Billings is getting 10 disposals per game and kicking 0.6 goals per game.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We need a Hill brother or a Michael Walters or a Lewis Jetta or a Steve Motlop .
Basically we need good players :D
But someone with pace and spread and who can kick would be real handy....

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: We can only dream that next season Billings is getting 10 disposals per game and kicking 0.6 goals per game.
I will keep billings at 14 disposals and 0.9 goals a game thankyou oh and the 4.8 vs the 2.1 marks and the two extra games thanks

dragit
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
sainters85 wrote: hopefully with another preseason under his belt, Billings would turn out to be what Kennedy-Harris is..
We can only dream that next season Billings is getting 10 disposals per game and kicking 0.6 goals per game.
Has to be trolling. Ridiculous.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

There is one that is/was running around in navy blue.

sainters85
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:
sainters85 wrote:Melbourne last season were extremely successful last year during the trading and drafting period.. I can't believe he was taken at pick 40!! This kid is a gun and he's the type of player that we need, fast, skilful and a good kick for goal.. hopefully with another preseason under his belt, Billings would turn out to be what Kennedy-Harris is.. We were also pretty good in the draft last year in picking up Billings, Dunstan, Acres, Templeton.. Dunstan has been a gun, the next Lenny Hayes possibly? Haven't seen much of Acres and Billings had an interrupted preseason but was still showed a lot of talent in some games this year especially the Essendon one.. his kicking is extremely efficent and hopefully he can become FASTER!! Hopefully we can sustain a couple of draft picks in the top 20, a few gun mids and White, Stanley and Bruce could come as our next three tall forwards 8-) Maybe would should trade out the No.1 draft pick? The club has already said that they hadn't ruled that out, McCartin would probably be No.1 but I don't think we need a tall forward just yet.. mids first always :)
Gee that's pretty harsh don't u think? :lol: Yes, he's probably looked the worst out of the top 10 picks.. I would've rather gone with an Aish or Kelly BUT, he had an interrupted preseason where he did a quad or something so lets give him another preseason and see how he goes next year.. he's full of talent but lacks , pace and GOALKICKING which MUST be FIXED. I reckon he's been down on confidence as well, should've been in the 2's more often this year.. Guys that get dropped to the 2's for a couple of weeks and come back are normally pretty good :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
Gee that's pretty harsh don't u think? :lol: Yes, he's probably looked the worst out of the top 10 picks.. I would've rather gone with an Aish or Kelly BUT, he had an interrupted preseason where he did a quad or something so lets give him another preseason and see how he goes next year.. he's full of talent but lacks , pace and GOALKICKING which MUST be FIXED. I reckon he's been down on confidence as well, should've been in the 2's more often this year.. Guys that get dropped to the 2's for a couple of weeks and come back are normally pretty good :)

I reckon you have yet to say any positive about any of our players. I reckon Billings has had a great first year. I wish you had posted when Lenny and BJ first played so I could see what you wrote about them. Im sure if you had of then bumping that thread would not have got me a warning but just confirmed what I think.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:Yes, he's probably looked the worst out of the top 10 picks..
No.

noob
Club Player

2 players haven't even played in the top 10 so how can he be worse?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

far from the worst top ten pick

just for comparisons sake

aish 18 games 17.00 disposals 0.28 goals 68.9 supercoach
Kelly 15 games 15.87 disposals 0.67 goals 60.8 supercoach
billing 16 games 14.6 disposals 0.90 goals 61.9 supercoach
kennedy 14 games 10 disposals 0.64 goals 43.9 supercoach

Dunston 16 game 18.75 disposals 0.56 goals 74.4 supercoach

Dunstan clear the vest and kennedy the worst the other about even imo

Maybe you only see the highlights of the others so they appear to be better than they are?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:far from the worst top ten pick

just for comparisons sake

aish 18 games 17.00 disposals 0.28 goals 68.9 supercoach
Kelly 15 games 15.87 disposals 0.67 goals 60.8 supercoach
billing 16 games 14.6 disposals 0.90 goals 61.9 supercoach
kennedy 14 games 10 disposals 0.64 goals 43.9 supercoach

Dunston 16 game 18.75 disposals 0.56 goals 74.4 supercoach

Dunstan clear the vest and kennedy the worst the other about even imo

Maybe you only see the highlights of the others so they appear to be better than they are?
Billings played in a pocket, while Aish & Kelly were running through the midfield.

Has to be trolling…

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Second thread this poster has made where he bags out Billings.

P66 is right, have hardly seen this poster do anything but be negative towards our players.

Nice get showing how inferior this Kennedy nobody is compared to Billing.

When will the mods start to wake up to this troll.

Two thread both bagging Billings.

Baiting?

You are garbage - Enough said
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

He's got to straighten his kicking though as booting 0.9 per game would read better if it was 5.4. :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:There is one that is/was running around in navy blue.
No. Please not.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Trolling for sure

#1 Ryder fan
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Kennedy-Harris is crap

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:Kennedy-Harris is crap

No he isnt.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sainters85 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:

and how do you think that we could have got kelly ffs?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
lewdogs
Club Player

Complete troll. Writes like a ten year old.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Beno88 wrote:
tony74 wrote:There is one that is/was running around in navy blue.
No. Please not.
Second that.....

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

lewdogs wrote:.....Writes like a ten year old.
Maybe, and he/she is not the only one on these boards that writes like a 10-14 yo :shock:

No Saints don't need J K-H

Hold your ground :shock:
Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I would like Atley to become a saint.
Pace to burn and is very efficient.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Maybe we should send billings to neighbours for a couple of years... Help him catch up to JKH

mickey
Club Player

I can't believe what I'm reading.

Dunstan & Billings are the reason I've sat through this whole year with a smile on my face. They know the game, just wait & see !

Haven't seen a lot of Acres but the small amount I've seen gives me the same positive feeling.

Our day will come, we were favourites & failed to the no chance … our turn to be the no chance.

About time we start having belief because the youngsters won't if we don't.

Don't blame them for our history, tell them to write their own.

18 humans v 18 humans …. who wants it more for 100 minutes a week !