The Filth's New Star Player - Heritier Lumumba

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shaggy
Club Player

Re: The Filth's New Star Player - Heritier Lumumba

HL was a very good player. Pity he does not feel comfortable with the past. IMO says more about the AFL and supporters than HL.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
BigMart wrote:I hate Harry O'Brien... Overrated, and drinks his own bath water ..
Have to agree. Has there ever been a bigger narcissist in the game? He is the poster boy for the "look at me" generation.
Met him on a few occasions. One of the nicest blokes you could meet and humble to the point of shyness.
He is in a tough position where he feels compelled to stand up against certain elements he has encountered...unfortunately doesn't always come across that well in the media and many think of him as some massive narcissist.
All I can say is that it is not my experience of the guy at all.
Has had a tough life in many respects, and certainly copped it when he stood up for Adam Goodes.

Nee!
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

fugazi wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
BigMart wrote:I hate Harry O'Brien... Overrated, and drinks his own bath water ..
Have to agree. Has there ever been a bigger narcissist in the game? He is the poster boy for the "look at me" generation.
Met him on a few occasions. One of the nicest blokes you could meet and humble to the point of shyness.
He is in a tough position where he feels compelled to stand up against certain elements he has encountered...unfortunately doesn't always come across that well in the media and many think of him as some massive narcissist.
Has had a tough life in many respects, and certainly copped it when he stood up for Adam Goodes.
I don't doubt he's a fundamentally good and caring person, fugazi, but his behaviour in general suggests he was a very troubled and disturbed young man. Given his upbringing and the things he experienced, that's hardly surprising. The attention seeking behaviour is an example of him acting out because of his distress. It wasn't just an isolated incident or two. His behaviour, at times, was bizarre, indicating something was a bit NQR. The attention seeking is often just a disguised cry for help.

I'm glad he appears to have sorted himself out and continues his recovery. I was worried at one point that the next story we'd hear about him would be about his tragic death. I didn't know his nick name was "chimp", and not in the positive, Bob Skilton context. That being allowed to continue was a disgrace. No wonder he finally blew up over the "Lezz" crack made by Buckley. I suspect that was more about pent up frustration finally bursting to the surface. I stand corrected. Not so much narcissism, but cries for help. The danger of making statements on little, or incomplete information. We can only hope he'll be ok.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Who cares about Windscreen's La Bumba?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

GregPackhamsHeadband wrote:
fugazi wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
I don't doubt he's a fundamentally good and caring person, fugazi, but his behaviour in general suggests he was a very troubled and disturbed young man. Given his upbringing and the things he experienced, that's hardly surprising. The attention seeking behaviour is an example of him acting out because of his distress. It wasn't just an isolated incident or two. His behaviour, at times, was bizarre, indicating something was a bit NQR. The attention seeking is often just a disguised cry for help.

I'm glad he appears to have sorted himself out and continues his recovery. I was worried at one point that the next story we'd hear about him would be about his tragic death. I didn't know his nick name was "chimp", and not in the positive, Bob Skilton context. That being allowed to continue was a disgrace. No wonder he finally blew up over the "Lezz" crack made by Buckley. I suspect that was more about pent up frustration finally bursting to the surface. I stand corrected. Not so much narcissism, but cries for help. The danger of making statements on little, or incomplete information. We can only hope he'll be ok.
I agree with most of this and appreciate the thoughtful post.. I also understand why most haven't warmed to his cause, but I knew him and his family through that period and he went thru hell. He loved Malthouse and Collingwood when he first came across, and he was very popular with his teammates. It is a shame that he cops so much vitriol. After all what has he really said?
He didn't come out with the Chimp stuff when he could have to defend himself.

Nee!
GregPackhamsHeadband
Club Player

People who speak out for unpopular causes tended to become unpopular themselves.

I think you're pretty tough, don't I?