Dusty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dusty

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
yeh lets delist an AA for going on holiday, great idea brains... would love to see you and citywest in charge of the club for 2 days... bet it fold a day.
not disputing what your saying about delisting but Sam has not been an AA for a while and his form has been well below AA or late ...
one pet hate of mine is when we refer to players with their previous achievments as some sort of guide of how they are today ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:
yeh lets delist an AA for going on holiday, great idea brains... would love to see you and citywest in charge of the club for 2 days... bet it fold a day.
not disputing what your saying about delisting but Sam has not been an AA for a while and his form has been well below AA or late ...
one pet hate of mine is when we refer to players with their previous achievments as some sort of guide of how they are today ...
Amen Trav.

Some people on here are frozen in 2009 and their view on players is frozen in 2009.

I know its hard to move on and face the reality that we are rebuilding.

Perhaps seek counselling for the affliction but time and footy wait for no man!

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Where's the picture, did they post it?
It seems that the charming bloke with more ink than Dusty posted it on facebook.
I grabbed it from the AFL site... so it wasn't private.

I agree... don't really care... Martin is an AFL footballer with a bad boy rep, hes not Tony Mokbel or Christopher Wayne Hudson.
But he is hanging around Toby Mitchell. You may like to google his name and activities and near misses from others with guns.
You make friends with him and he'll want his pound of flesh, payment in kind. Martin is in iver his head and too dumb to see what that may mean.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

[/quote]

But he is hanging around Toby Mitchell. You may like to google his name and activities and near misses from others with guns.
You make friends with him and he'll want his pound of flesh, payment in kind. Martin is in iver his head and too dumb to see what that may mean.[/quote]

So is Fisher for that matter !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote: But he is hanging around Toby Mitchell. You may like to google his name and activities and near misses from others with guns.
You make friends with him and he'll want his pound of flesh, payment in kind. Martin is in iver his head and too dumb to see what that may mean.
I don't need to google him…

Are we still talking about Fisher/Armo here?

I know people that know really bad people too… doesn't make me an outlaw bikie.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote: But he is hanging around Toby Mitchell. You may like to google his name and activities and near misses from others with guns.

same here.....fisher is thirty...and on the trade table...bit late to try and tell him who or who not to hang around with ffs...he's on holidays.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So before jumping to conclusions, does anybody know that Fisher was told not to hang around with Martin or just not go to America with him?

Really going off half cocked making judgemental moralising assumptions and even asking for Fisher to be delisted is really the most incredible over reaction possible.

What has Martin been charged with? Fisher?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
dragit
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote: AFL.com
4.57pm: Depending on your tastes, here are four blokes in Bali with whom you'd have the best time ever, or run a million miles from. From left: Hayden Ballantyne, Dustin Martin, Sam Fisher, as well as ex-Magpie Ben Johnson (not pictured) staying in the same villa. The guy they're pictured with (third from the left) is Ben Vague, director of Blue Moon racing; part-owned by Dane Swan and Dale Thomas.
The boys are pretty pissed that most of this article was wrong…

Sam Fisher "Names r wrong, not staying at the same villa, not travelling together.. Not much right about this article at all.."

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
dragit wrote:

same here.....fisher is thirty...and on the trade table...bit late to try and tell him who or who not to hang around with ffs...he's on holidays.....
Fisher is 31

I have no idea (im not an insider like p66) - but I'm guessing it was a general discussion/warning about 'choices'.

I don't believe SW would have made any prescriptive straightforward rules like 'Though shalt not go on holiday with Dustin Martin' (that's actually probably illegal).

Id say he probably beat around the bush - and just said - 'looks its noone of my business but you guys should consider the choices you make in the off season'... or something along those lines...

So maybe they decided to go but toned it down a bit on the full cahoona Vegas trip. But yeah - if hes going to GWS I doubt Chips would have taken much of it in anyways.

I take it Dustin isnt joining his team-mates in Rio?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
jimmy_slats wrote: AFL.com
4.57pm: Depending on your tastes, here are four blokes in Bali with whom you'd have the best time ever, or run a million miles from. From left: Hayden Ballantyne, Dustin Martin, Sam Fisher, as well as ex-Magpie Ben Johnson (not pictured) staying in the same villa. The guy they're pictured with (third from the left) is Ben Vague, director of Blue Moon racing; part-owned by Dane Swan and Dale Thomas.
The boys are pretty pissed that most of this article was wrong…

Sam Fisher "Names r wrong, not staying at the same villa, not travelling together.. Not much right about this article at all.."
Quick cancel the delisting :roll:

2 + 2 = about 10,000 with some of you cabbages :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Cant believe noone has commented on the bike rider in the Tigers Video.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So before jumping to conclusions, does anybody know that Fisher was told not to hang around with Martin or just not go to America with him?

Really going off half cocked making judgemental moralising assumptions and even asking for Fisher to be delisted is really the most incredible over reaction possible.

Yep. Agree. I reckon its a non event.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:
Amen Trav.

Some people on here are frozen in 2009 and their view on players is frozen in 2009.

I know its hard to move on and face the reality that we are rebuilding.

Perhaps seek counselling for the affliction but time and footy wait for no man!
Yeah he was terrible when he couldn't walk. When fit he was a gun -2013 a write off but geez he might have s*** friends but he can play footy.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

From Armo himself: Had no idea Dusty was coming to Bali. He has been advised by friends to keep his distance. Praying he does.

As for Sam Fisher - he was already 90% gone.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Regardless of whether Sam and David were advised not to hang out with Dusty or not... given the amount of heat around this issue, being seen together in Bali at least exercises poor judgement.

It draws unwanted attention to them and the club.

If you're going to go ahead and do it anyway, that can be okay but then ensure a photo doesn't get taken of you that may further put you in the s#!tter, maybe go somewhere more discreet. ANd then if some low life does snap a photo and mail it to whatever newspaper, don't send a tweet that makes you come across as arrogant, and stupid as though you don't get it.

Regardless of what he has or hasn't done, Sam is being portrayed by the media as a petulant, spoilt, out of control gangsta wannabe, and not not only is he doing nothing to dispel this perception, he actually seems eager to fuel the flames regardless of the consequences on him and the club.

Me personally, I would trade him now because regardless of what he has done, Sam is at least clearly a loose cannon waiting to go off

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:Regardless of whether Sam and David were advised not to hang out with Dusty or not... given the amount of heat around this issue, being seen together in Bali at least exercises poor judgement.

It draws unwanted attention to them and the club.

If you're going to go ahead and do it anyway, that can be okay but then ensure a photo doesn't get taken of you that may further put you in the s#!tter, maybe go somewhere more discreet. ANd then if some low life does snap a photo and mail it to whatever newspaper, don't send a tweet that makes you come across as arrogant, and stupid as though you don't get it.

Regardless of what he has or hasn't done, Sam is being portrayed by the media as a petulant, spoilt, out of control gangsta wannabe, and not not only is he doing nothing to dispel this perception, he actually seems eager to fuel the flames regardless of the consequences on him and the club.

Me personally, I would trade him now because regardless of what he has done, Sam is at least clearly a loose cannon waiting to go off
Agreed he is not the sought of person you would want your 18 y/o being influenced by. Just as a side issue the person mentioned as Ballantyne in the photo is actually Jack Steven!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:From Armo himself: Had no idea Dusty was coming to Bali. He has been advised by friends to keep his distance. Praying he does.

Not sure who'd want him?

Foot issues and off field dramas.

GWS have shaw now.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:

Gone, as in wasted, or leaving?

Saintsational Legend

See the msg from Armo, it at least portrays him as someone not actively seeking trouble

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
I don't believe SW would have made any prescriptive straightforward rules like 'Though shalt not go on holiday with Dustin Martin' (that's actually probably illegal).

Id say he probably beat around the bush - and just said - 'looks its noone of my business but you guys should consider the choices you make in the off season'... or something along those lines...

So maybe they decided to go but toned it down a bit on the full cahoona Vegas trip. But yeah - if hes going to GWS I doubt Chips would have taken much of it in anyways.

I take it Dustin isnt joining his team-mates in Rio?
i saw somewhere that the senior players were a bit pissed at scotty laying down the law re the "little person" burning and who they associated with.....not that it wasn't warranted...said he was too dictatorial.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
joffaboy wrote:So before jumping to conclusions, does anybody know that Fisher was told not to hang around with Martin or just not go to America with him?

Well, you've changed your tune.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Well, you've changed your tune.
How so ?
I never gave a flog about who went on holiday with who.
I did however highlight the ridiculousness of white country guys who are 31 worshiping black american gang culture.
Given 99.9% of people actually living in that culture are desperate to get out it is patently absurd for a 31 year old white guy from berri sth australia who makes 500k a year to aspire to it.
That was my only gripe.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Lol - thanks cuddles.