Essendope

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Essendope

Postby kos » Tue 05 Feb 2013 3:03pm

Another "big" club cheating the system, time for the afl to grow some balls and stop sweeping it under the carpet!
kos
Club Player

Re: Essendope

Postby Kate » Tue 05 Feb 2013 3:16pm

Is this the same dude who was at the Cats?
Kate
Club Player

Postby plugger66 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 3:20pm

kos wrote:Another "big" club cheating the system, time for the afl to grow some balls and stop sweeping it under the carpet!

Im unsure they have deliberately cheated but I would like to know these other big clubs that have cheated and not been punished.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Postby Sainter93 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 3:42pm

I think this is just the beginning of clubs being found out.
Fingers crossed St Kilda is not one of them.
Sainter93
Club Player

Postby SENsei » Tue 05 Feb 2013 3:46pm

The Weapon!!
Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Postby mullet » Tue 05 Feb 2013 3:49pm

If there was any problem, it should of been detected in random drug testing.

This will either show the afl drug testing is not good enough, or there is nothing to worry about with what Essendon has taken. Isnt it Essendon who have raised the
problem, not that players have tested positive.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Postby plugger66 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 3:54pm

mullet wrote:If there was any problem, it should of been detected in random drug testing.

This will either show the afl drug testing is not good enough, or there is nothing to worry about with what Essendon has taken. Isnt it Essendon who have raised the

I think you will find that it is ASDA that does the drug tests for performance enhancing drugs and has little or nothing to do with the AFL.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Postby fingers » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:04pm

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:If there was any problem, it should of been detected in random drug testing.

I think you will find that it is ASDA that does the drug tests for performance enhancing drugs and has little or nothing to do with the AFL.

Correct AFL only involved in illicit drug testing. Seems that the flares went up when players were asked to sign waivers.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Location: Aisle 31, Row E, Seats 63 or 64 - depending on how I feel...sometimes I stretch out on both!

Postby maxdis 42 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:05pm

Well for one I'm glad that all our news has been positive(except the Gram incident but we acted quickly)...and that other clubs are copping the media flack...the look on Hirdy's face at the press conference...priceless :shock:
maxdis 42
Club Player

Postby mullet » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:08pm

Pretty sad really that they are willing to endanger peoples health in this way by "pushing the boundaries" and then asking the players to sign waivers.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Postby saintspremiers » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:10pm

mullet wrote:Pretty sad really that they are willing to endanger peoples health in this way by "pushing the boundaries" and then asking the players to sign waivers.

Happy with your defection now BJ? :lol:
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Postby mr six o'clock » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:12pm

Dimwit talked about a spike in positive results recently !

Hypothetically , Essendon may have half there team on one or two strikes , because players were given suppliments they thought were ok , but it turns out they weren't !

They got rid of the guy running the program and may have hoped it would just go away , but some journo's got a sniff , did some digging and found a story .
In red white and black from 73
mr six o'clock
SS Life Member

Postby mullet » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:14pm

mr six o'clock wrote:Dimwit talked about a spike in positive results recently !

Hypothetically , Essendon may have half there team on one or two strikes , because players were given suppliments they thought were ok , but it turns out they weren't !

They got rid of the guy running the program and may have hoped it would just go away , but some journo's got a sniff , did some digging and found a story .

I didnt think there was 3 strikes for performance enhancing drugs only illicit drugs???
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Postby SainterK » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:21pm

Who is in charge of handing out that stuff, and where has he worked before?

This will be huge if the entire list is sat out....

One thing I can't get my head around, who 'brought this to their attention' and why is it pending an investigation? They either did or didn't?
I've started a blog, just my weird view about the AFL

https://lovingafl.wordpress.com
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Postby plugger66 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:22pm

mr six o'clock wrote:Dimwit talked about a spike in positive results recently !

I think drugs in sport is the most understood thing around. This has nothing to do with one strike or two strikes and has nothing to do with with positive tests going up. That is illegal drugs, this is performance enhancing and it is run by ASDA in australia and the AFL signed up to the WADA code. The AFL do not do the tests and if you are caught you get a 2 year ban unless proven extenuating circumstance. Obviously no one was caught because they didnt take them, stop taking them, werent tested or tested to late.

The other drug code is a voluntary player driven code that most other sports dont even have and certainly WADA dont.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Postby 8856brother » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:24pm

Thought they looked pretty big last year.

The amount of hairy backs should have had eyebrows raised a bit sooner though. Especially on the women trainers. :shock:
Saintsational Legend

Postby Siposstar#2 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:29pm

They are certainly on the illicit drugs essendon.
This was the team I saw out on the party drugs.
Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
Siposstar#2
Club Player

Postby plugger66 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:32pm

Siposstar#2 wrote:They are certainly on the illicit drugs essendon.

Of course they were. You can tell by their eyes even though the places are that dark you couldnt see their eyes. And also they were happy even though people are now saying ice may be the choice of drug and people on that are far from happy. Matter of fact it is a terrible drug. And Watson and BJ had it because they smiled.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Postby SainterK » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:32pm

To quote BT, oh boy, wowee :shock:
Last edited by SainterK on Tue 05 Feb 2013 9:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Postby IluvHarvey » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:33pm

For anyone trying to join the dots from Essendon to Geelong. The Herald Sun names someone who is not "the weapon" or Bomber.
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
IluvHarvey
Club Player

Postby plugger66 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:34pm

SainterK wrote:Read this on Bigfooty...

"From what I've been told (very reliable source) this will also link somehow to Geelong when Bomber was there, big news if true"

To quote BT, oh boy, wowee :shock:

The guy who got sacked from Essendon worked at Geelong. Unless a Geelong player comes out and says something I dont think there is anything in it.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Postby maxdis 42 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:35pm

Essendon's "what ever it takes" is quite appropriate now :lol: Just had a look on their Bomnerblitz forums = meltdown
maxdis 42
Club Player

Postby mullet » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:39pm

Why were they so injured all the time then if they were on performance enhancing drugs? Doesnt make sense but cant say I really understand all the ways of enhancing performance, ie steroids, epo, etc etc. I also thought that in some sports if you tested positive for cocaine you can be rubbed out, ie athletics, swimming. depending what was on the banned list for the sport. Any way, sure some expert can set me straight.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Postby SainterK » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:39pm

IluvHarvey wrote:For anyone trying to join the dots from Essendon to Geelong. The Herald Sun names someone who is not "the weapon" or Bomber.

You know, I feel relief at that.

I just picture guys like Hayes at the end of the 09 grand final...and I don't want to think....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Postby Siposstar#2 » Tue 05 Feb 2013 4:40pm

plugger66 wrote:
Siposstar#2 wrote:They are certainly on the illicit drugs essendon.

Of course they were. You can tell by their eyes even though the places are that dark you couldnt see their eyes. And also they were happy even though people are now saying ice may be the choice of drug and people on that are far from happy. Matter of fact it is a terrible drug. And Watson and BJ had it because they smiled.

I dont know how dark clubs were in the 80's but you can certainly see their eyes in clubs these days. Except maybe revolver.
Stop being so naive. People take drugs. And also. Ice doesn't make you angry unless you are a addict. All ice does is give you lots of energy and makes you feel charged. Certainly doesn't make all people angry. It can make them paranoid and therefore lash out if you have had way to much and are sleep deprived. But wrong again plugger!
And for what' it's worth they were on either biscuits or coke. Not ice.
Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
Siposstar#2
Club Player

Next

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)