St Kilda's blueprint to financial success

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Kilda's blueprint to financial success

citywest wrote:Show us where you read it Plugger!!! Maybe paste a link on here?

No. Find it yourself.

citywest

Very funny Plugger. The truth is you didn't read it at all.
I was speaking to 2 kiwi guys today at work and they are pretty sure that Eden Park in Auckland is big enough for Aussie Rules. If this is truly the case and I can verify it, I will be contacting the Saints and urging them to pursue this (if they aren't already doing so). I would be very pleased if St Kilda played 1 game in Wellington and 1 game in Auckland every year. By the way, the population of Auckland is nearly 1.5 million.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Eden Park is one hundred and thirty metres long and one hundred and ten metres wide. Added to that is the fact that is set up in a rectangular shape so that it's ideal for rugby. It's one of the reasons there are peculiar angles when it is set up for cricket. There is a school of thought that it is too small for modern day cricket as well. I don't know who your mates are, but they clearly know nothing about Eden Park. Good luck playing AFL on a ground of those dimensions. Not even fit for juniors. Please tell us, you made all that up, didn't you?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
citywest

No I did not.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:No I did not.
So you didn't make it up?

And you say you're not trolling either?

Did you finish primary school? ?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
citywest

No not trolling simpleton. St Kilda blew their chance with Tasmania and now have 1 last chance with NZ. If we can play 2 games per year in NZ (1 in Wellington and 1 in Auckland) that will set us up and grow our club. In the future, every person that emigrates from NZ to AUS will barrack for the Saints, not to mention I think within 10 years we could have at the very least 7000 to 8000 kiwi members buying 2 game memberships per year.

I have searched the net and cannot find the dimensions of Eden Park. There is one article that quotes them but I think it is just for cricket so the measurements are from rope to rope. I can't actually find an article that shows the actual dimensions from fence to fence, North to South and East to West.

I cast your mind back to the mid 2000's simpleton at a St Kilda AGM. I was the only person at the town hall that stood up and told Butters that the decision to leave Tassie was short sighted and would one day come back and bite the club. He fobbed me off without giving me a reason why the Saints were leaving other than they don't like playing there. Ten years later the chooks have come home to roost, St Kilda is yet again last but more sadly broke again. This was always going to happen once our reign at the top was finished. That's why leaving Tassie was the one big horrendous disaster that the club would never be able to rectify........until NZ came along.

I have had enough of this f****** site. I feel sorry for the mods, they do a darn good job here but they have the usual suspects continually sabotaging this place. You smart arses continually calling me a troll just because a former poster called Joffaboy reckons I am Bomber supporter. It seems that anyone who posts a different opinion gets shot down even though that is exactly what a Fan Forum is for.....OPINIONS.

Don't worry about sending me an infraction Simon. I won't be posting on here for the next few months...I'm over it.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:No not trolling simpleton. St Kilda blew their chance with Tasmania and now have 1 last chance with NZ. If we can play 2 games per year in NZ (1 in Wellington and 1 in Auckland) that will set us up and grow our club. In the future, every person that emigrates from NZ to AUS will barrack for the Saints, not to mention I think within 10 years we could have at the very least 7000 to 8000 kiwi members buying 2 game memberships per year.

I have searched the net and cannot find the dimensions of Eden Park. There is one article that quotes them but I think it is just for cricket so the measurements are from rope to rope. I can't actually find an article that shows the actual dimensions from fence to fence, North to South and East to West.

I cast your mind back to the mid 2000's simpleton at a St Kilda AGM. I was the only person at the town hall that stood up and told Butters that the decision to leave Tassie was short sighted and would one day come back and bite the club. He fobbed me off without giving me a reason why the Saints were leaving other than they don't like playing there. Ten years later the chooks have come home to roost, St Kilda is yet again last but more sadly broke again. This was always going to happen once our reign at the top was finished. That's why leaving Tassie was the one big horrendous disaster that the club would never be able to rectify........until NZ came along.

I have had enough of this f****** site. I feel sorry for the mods, they do a darn good job here but they have the usual suspects continually sabotaging this place. You smart arses continually calling me a troll just because a former poster called Joffaboy reckons I am Bomber supporter. It seems that anyone who posts a different opinion gets shot down even though that is exactly what a Fan Forum is for.....OPINIONS.

Don't worry about sending me an infraction Simon. I won't be posting on here for the next few months...I'm over it.
There are plenty of sites that have the dimensions, so you can't be looking too hard. That suggests you are talking rubbish. Perhaps more interestingly, there are a few sites that show satellite/ariel shots of Eden Park when it has been set up for rugby. You only need to take a glance at these shots to realise that you could never play AFL at that stadium. Way too short and way too narrow. It's why we are limited to playing at the biscuit tin.

Austinnn
Club Player

Months? I hope you don't start torturing cats instead while the voices are screaming inside that empty gourd.

Please stay away from the Big Footy site also.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
It's why we are limited to playing at the biscuit tin.
Methinks it's affectionately known as 'The Cake Tin' WW :wink: :wink: :wink: Either way, goes nice with a cuppa tea :wink:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
It's why we are limited to playing at the biscuit tin.
Methinks it's affectionately known as 'The Cake Tin' WW :wink: :wink: :wink: Either way, goes nice with a cuppa tea :wink:
I stand corrected, Loris. :D

ace
Saintsational Legend

Stand candidates in all electorates and win government.
Then squander as much money as you like.
Its' what governments do.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

City West, you are a troll, a liar and a smart arse.

Now,
F#ck off.

<warning for abuse>
Last edited by SaintPav on Mon 17 Nov 2014 10:12am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Hit door. Way out. Or something.

citywest wrote:
citywest wrote:Three home games per year in New Zealnd, but not against Sydney or Brisbane. Either GCS, GWS, FREO, WC, ADL, PA.
Four home games at Docklands.
Four home games at the MCG.

Sometime the solution is so easy that no one can see it. Kind of like the fact that you can't see the trees due to the forrest. :shock: :roll:
I just thought that I would bump this post for discussion. I think we have all realized that our window of opportunity is over. This means that over the next 3 years our membership total will be down to 30,000 and the losses ($$$) will follow. NZ in my opinion could be our only chance to ride out the next few years $$$ wise.

Thoughts?
Considering we have now lost Tassie and Ballarat and the losses in Dollars have come (as per above), I thought the time is right to bring this up. We must act now before it is too late. Finnis, I hope you are still going ahead with NZ....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
citywest wrote:
citywest wrote:Three home games per year in New Zealnd, but not against Sydney or Brisbane. Either GCS, GWS, FREO, WC, ADL, PA.
Four home games at Docklands.
Four home games at the MCG.

Sometime the solution is so easy that no one can see it. Kind of like the fact that you can't see the trees due to the forrest. :shock: :roll:
I just thought that I would bump this post for discussion. I think we have all realized that our window of opportunity is over. This means that over the next 3 years our membership total will be down to 30,000 and the losses ($$$) will follow. NZ in my opinion could be our only chance to ride out the next few years $$$ wise.

Thoughts?
Considering we have now lost Tassie and Ballarat and the losses in Dollars have come (as per above), I thought the time is right to bring this up. We must act now before it is too late. Finnis, I hope you are still going ahead with NZ....
Didn't the AFL designate areas for each club?

I thought Ballarat was 'assigned' to the Bulldogs by the AFL?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-03/v ... -academies

citywest

but in the old zone days Ballarat was a Saints stronghold. As too was Tassie but slowly slowly these little things are being taken away from us and we are letting it happen. We need to act now to sure up our club.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:City West, you are a troll, a liar and a smart arse.

Now,
F#ck off.

<warning for abuse>
Can't believe I would write this.

Very naughty.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:but in the old zone days Ballarat was a Saints stronghold. As too was Tassie but slowly slowly these little things are being taken away from us and we are letting it happen. We need to act now to sure up our club.
And what did all those areas get us? 1 flag 50 years ago!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
citywest

Jacks Back wrote:
citywest wrote:but in the old zone days Ballarat was a Saints stronghold. As too was Tassie but slowly slowly these little things are being taken away from us and we are letting it happen. We need to act now to sure up our club.
And what did all those areas get us? 1 flag 50 years ago!
But it got us supporters which we are now losing.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Citywest, I thought you had shipped off to Big Footy. Now you're bumping posts you made years ago. You're attention seeking antics have run their full course.
dragit wrote:Image
+1

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
citywest

citywest wrote:I disagree stronly. Hawthorn play 4 games in Tassie and their membership base has gone from strength to strength. And besides, we have no choice. If we do slide down the ladder we will be in big trouble financially. We need to embrace NZ and make it work. We also need to show the Docklands that if they want to keep us the need to look after us or else we will look else where. Win win for the Saints.
To all the regular pests that bagged me at the time, I would say the highlighted text above was pretty spot on. If memory serves me correctly, we had just become debt free in December 2012 and since our decline we have a debt again but this time it's huge.....$10Mil I believe. I'm glad that our club are still pursuing NZ because I shudder to think what would happen otherwise.
Last edited by citywest on Sun 22 Jan 2017 7:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

This doesn't prove anything.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:This doesn't prove anything.
Plus one

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I think citywest has all the threads ever made bookmarked, so once a year he can post on them again and piss people off.

Too bad Essendon has a bigger debt than the saints btw