St Kilda's blueprint to financial success

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

citywest

St Kilda's blueprint to financial success

Three home games per year in New Zealnd, but not against Sydney or Brisbane. Either GCS, GWS, FREO, WC, ADL, PA.
Four home games at Docklands.
Four home games at the MCG.

Sometime the solution is so easy that no one can see it. Kind of like the fact that you can't see the trees due to the forrest. :shock: :roll:

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Re: St Kilda's blueprint to financial success

I don't like the idea of giving away our fortress of a home ground for 7 out of 11 home games just for financial gain....

We'd be far better off striking a better stadium deal, or just waiting till the stadium is paid off and we can start making money from it...

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Three home games per year in New Zealnd, but not against Sydney or Brisbane. Either GCS, GWS, FREO, WC, ADL, PA.

Sometime the solution is so easy that no one can see it. Kind of like the fact that you can't see the trees due to the forrest. :shock: :roll:

Membership 27000. We lose 1 million in membership revenue.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:Three home games per year in New Zealnd, but not against Sydney or Brisbane. Either GCS, GWS, FREO, WC, ADL, PA.

Membership 27000. We lose 1 million in membership revenue.
Why are you feeding the troll?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Citywest, is NExus_Nick, Helen, DCC CityWest and numerous other nics that have been banned from here and bigfooty on a number of occasions.

A confessed Essendon supporter who has an obvious mental illness.

Please ignore the mentally ill person, it only encourages them to stay off their meds if yo take him/her/it seriously.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
citywest

Joffaboy again. What is wrong with you man? Why do you have to sabotage everyone of my posts (which hasn't been many lately). All I'm doing is trying to start intelligent debate about the club we love.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Joffaboy again. What is wrong with you man? Why do you have to sabotage everyone of my posts (which hasn't been many lately). All I'm doing is trying to start intelligent debate about the club we love.
good question....and he has the hide to call others thread jackers.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
citywest

stinger wrote:
citywest wrote:Joffaboy again. What is wrong with you man? Why do you have to sabotage everyone of my posts (which hasn't been many lately). All I'm doing is trying to start intelligent debate about the club we love.
Thank you Stinger. Now, Joffa aside, what do people think about my suggestion? Would you be in favour of this?
Please discuss...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
stinger wrote:
Thank you Stinger. Now, Joffa aside, what do people think about my suggestion? Would you be in favour of this?
Please discuss...

No one with even half a brain would think your idea had merritt. I hope for your sake you arent a saints supporter because if you are I reckon you may have an issue or two.

citywest

Are you seriuos Plugger? What is wrong with my suggestion? We play 3 games in NZ against the non-Melbourne clubs, excluding Sydney (South Melbourne) and Brisbane (Fitzroy). We play 4 at the MCG against 4 of the following teams....Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong, Richmond. We then play 4 games at Docklands against 4 of the following....Sydney, Brisbane, Footscray, North Melbourne, Melbourne etc.

In my opinion, if we did this we would become one of the most profitable clubs in the AFL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Are you seriuos Plugger? What is wrong with my suggestion? We play 3 games in NZ against the non-Melbourne clubs, excluding Sydney (South Melbourne) and Brisbane (Fitzroy). We play 4 at the MCG against 4 of the following teams....Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Hawthorn, Geelong, Richmond. We then play 4 games at Docklands against 4 of the following....Sydney, Brisbane, Footscray, North Melbourne, Melbourne etc.

In my opinion, if we did this we would become one of the most profitable clubs in the AFL.

We would lose about 7000 members for a start. We would pick up bugger all membership from NZ and their governement will not continue to pay us a huge ongoing figure when the numbers from Victoria drop off which they will because of cost. And our members just dont go to the G.

And above all there are contracts. You know what they are surely? And then there are the drugs.

citywest

I disagree stronly. Hawthorn play 4 games in Tassie and their membership base has gone from strength to strength. And besides, we have no choice. If we do slide down the ladder we will be in big trouble financially. We need to embrace NZ and make it work. We also need to show the Docklands that if they want to keep us the need to look after us or else we will look else where. Win win for the Saints.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I disagree stronly. Hawthorn play 4 games in Tassie and their membership base has gone from strength to strength. And besides, we have no choice. If we do slide down the ladder we will be in big trouble financially. We need to embrace NZ and make it work. We also need to show the Docklands that if they want to keep us the need to look after us or else we will look else where. Win win for the Saints.

Aparently Tassie is a footy state and apperently we also have contracts. I also must have missed the part about the Saints doing there own draw. And then there are the drugs.

loris
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:I disagree stronly. Hawthorn play 4 games in Tassie and their membership base has gone from strength to strength. And besides, we have no choice. If we do slide down the ladder we will be in big trouble financially. We need to embrace NZ and make it work. We also need to show the Docklands that if they want to keep us the need to look after us or else we will look else where. Win win for the Saints.
Don't worry too much 'citywest'................ anyone who attempts to think outside the square here, get's shot down in flames and has personal insults hurled at them by some posters.

Though I do tend to agree with P66, many Saints supporters wont go to see the Saints play in any other venue than a covered in dome in Vic, let alone travel O/S. IMHO the 'G' is the best place to watch footy, not that other plastic venue indoors.

It will be interesting to see over the years how much support the Kiwi's give to the game............. or whether it will be just a one off 'bucket list' thing to tick off. ie seen an Aussie Rules footy match, been there, done that.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Aparently Tassie is a footy state and apperently we also have contracts. I also must have missed the part about the Saints doing there own draw. And then there are the drugs.
Why don't you give up the drugs P66, then maybe you would get along with Stinger and Big W.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
70s sainter
Club Player

Tassie is a one hour $40 flight so alot of members would do it once or twice in a season , plus the money they get from their tassie members.
Our n.z revenue will come only from the afl (about $500000 per game?) and needs to be balanced with another free game away (next year i think its rich).
If you sell too many games to N.Z, supporters will just say "stuff it" and not renew their membership so the afls payment for NZ becomes more of a compensation payment rather than a positive payment. Its not as if we will get any members in N.Z.
One N.Z game doesnt affect the overall package - in fact it could be fun , however i believe that a membership package with 3 N.Z games plus 4-5 interstate games becomes less attractive.

Its a fine line i reckon.

Majority
Club Player

I do not believe St.Kilda has a current contract with Etihad Stadium.

The AFL had an agreement to play 46 home and away games.
This will be reduced to 40 in 2013.

This is an old source (September 2011), but I am not aware of any change.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/s ... 6130045706

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Though I do tend to agree with P66, many Saints supporters wont go to see the Saints play in any other venue than a covered in dome in Vic, let alone travel O/S. IMHO the 'G' is the best place to watch footy, not that other plastic venue indoors.
I far prefer Docklands, the MCG is annoying to get to and there are a lot more poor seats.

As for travelling overseas, it's not really surprising that not many will do it. A game in Melbourne costs about $20 to get the whole family to, once you've got memberships. A game in NZ would cost at least $700 a head. I hope the club and AFL aren't budgeting for too many to go over because we're not all made of money.

citywest

I just thought that I would bump this post for discussion. I think we have all realized that our window of opportunity is over. This means that over the next 3 years our membership total will be down to 30,000 and the losses ($$$) will follow. NZ in my opinion could be our only chance to ride out the next few years $$$ wise.

Thoughts?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I highly doubt NZ will be a saviour> lets at least play one game there first.

We need a better deal at etihad and MORE members and MORE sponsorship.

there is no silver bullet.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

NZ gimmick will last less time than Tassie.... And we had a reasonable reason to play there.... 10 000 supporters

Just imagine if we lose there, or if its colder than the players like....

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe when they get back from NZ the players will feel that Seaford isn't so far to travel after all.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

4 months between posts… randomly appearing on a night we lose to peppington. Please go away helen, for good.

citywest

dragit wrote:4 months between posts… randomly appearing on a night we lose to peppington. Please go away helen, for good.
This forum needs me dragit.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:
dragit wrote:4 months between posts… randomly appearing on a night we lose to peppington. Please go away helen, for good.
This forum needs me dragit.
Probably, I guess if we banned you again, you'd just pop up the next day in a different guise...

Out of curiosity, how many teams do you do this to?