Seb Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Seb Ross

Give him a game this week.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seb Ross

Con Gorozidis wrote:Give him a game this week.
i would agree with that...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

and who do you take out?

paddy
Club Player

certainly had stats that force the issue....

what sort of role is he playing at sandy?

outside or inside mid?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:and who do you take out?
And that is the question. Really interesting week at the selection table. On the whole we pushed the top side in patches and were still in it with 4 minutes to go but having said that the Swans played crap in patches also. Difference was our bad patches were worse than theirs. Were there any injuries that might impact, maybe no change at all and let the same team try and rectify.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dunno. any injuries?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No change for mine.

shmic_s
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
And that is the question. Really interesting week at the selection table. On the whole we pushed the top side in patches and were still in it with 4 minutes to go but having said that the Swans played crap in patches also. Difference was our bad patches were worse than theirs. Were there any injuries that might impact, maybe no change at all and let the same team try and rectify.
Didn't think our bad patches were any worse. It was more a case of us not making the most of our good patches.

Would love to see Ross force his way into the team.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Didn't think our bad patches were any worse. It was more a case of us not making the most of our good patches.

Would love to see Ross force his way into the team.
Yeah look not being a smartaase but isn't that the same thing, just said a different way? Both sides were inaccurate in front of goal so the points tally was almost even.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

From what I've seen at Sandy... I dont think he deserves one.

He's a solid mid, not sure what his trick is yet... Might just be a solid footballer, mostly inside.

savatage
SS Life Member

Don't think his disposal & composure with the ball is there to deserve a game yet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

When did you last see him play? I am interested because I want to know what type of player he is. I have only seen him twice and that was weeks ago so i cant really comment if he is good enough or not.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

When did you last see him play? I am interested because I want to know what type of player he is. I have only seen him twice and that was weeks ago so i cant really comment if he is good enough or not.

Nice one pluggsy - ad hominem attack (google it if u dont know what it means).

He is like armo/lenny. Solid inside mid. gets good inside ball and likes to dish off to a team-mate. Lacks the step/inside evasion len-dog has. And the mongrel Armmo has. But both those attributes can come with age.

(Reality is no way he will get a game until the club decides we are 100% out of the race. So we would need 2 more loses before Seb got a run.). I have already given up on the year and thefore wouldn/t mind him getting a crack early.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Seb is a true inside mid, he gets a lot of the ball in close so a lot of his possessions go unnoticed. He is not one who will run and spread, his handball in close is great but he is not a penetrating kick and has average pace. In saying that, if he can be the same sort of player as his cousin or Josh Kennedy then we will be real winners.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Time for a reality check.
Chances are the club won't make the final 8.
If they do they will be a week one knock out like last year.

It may be a risk of losing one game more, but we need to get a few games into developing players.
They don't have the benefit of playing in a reserves team, like Collingwood & Geelong, where the requirements are to play the seniors style regardless of game outcome.
They need to play in the seniors to show what they really have.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he's ready. Let him play out the year in the VFL, get a solid pre season into him and then he can push in 2013. For now Siposs, Dunell, Saad and Stanley are the inexperienced players we need to pump games into (and Milera if his form warrants it). Newnes is also capable of playing a role against weak opposition but I wouldn't push him back into the side this year after his injuries.

noob
Club Player

I'd wait until next year. Probably not ideal tinkering the squad with new/young players so late in the season.. Especially being taxing on your body

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Time for a reality check.

It may be a risk of losing one game more, but we need to get a few games into developing players.
They don't have the benefit of playing in a reserves team, like Collingwood & Geelong, where the requirements are to play the seniors style regardless of game outcome.
im with you ace. we faffed around last year battling it out for 7th. i dont want to be like richmond/norf and be a middle of the road team every year. either we are contenders or we are developers. we are not contenders so lets be developers (not mid-tier battlers).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
ace wrote:Time for a reality check.

im with you ace. we faffed around last year battling it out for 7th. i dont want to be like richmond/norf and be a middle of the road team every year. either we are contenders or we are developers. we are not contenders so lets be developers (not mid-tier battlers).

Did you say that a week ago? If you can explain how not trying to win the rest of the games this year will help next year I would be interested to find out.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Ledger had 30 odd again on the weekend. If Ross gets a game before him Ledger should go home. Think Seb will be ok though. Another pre season.

Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He is like armo/lenny. Solid inside mid. gets good inside ball and likes to dish off to a team-mate. Lacks the step/inside evasion len-dog has. And the mongrel Armmo has. But both those attributes can come with age.

(Reality is no way he will get a game until the club decides we are 100% out of the race. So we would need 2 more loses before Seb got a run.). I have already given up on the year and thefore wouldn/t mind him getting a crack early.

Definition of AD HOMINEM

: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks for that. In the games you have seen lately have you seen a gradual improvement in him? By the way I dont reckon 2 or 3 games this year will mean Jack in the coming seasons. I hope we continue and try and win and keep playing 3 or 4 young guys a game.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote: When did you last see him play? I am interested because I want to know what type of player he is. I have only seen him twice and that was weeks ago so i cant really comment if he is good enough or not.

Thanks for that. In the games you have seen lately have you seen a gradual improvement in him? By the way I dont reckon 2 or 3 games this year will mean Jack in the coming seasons. I hope we continue and try and win and keep playing 3 or 4 young guys a game.
You mean young guys like Seb Ross??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

If he deserves a game. I was talking Simpkin, Saad, Milera, Newnes, Siposs and cripps. 3 this week again which is good.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

If he deserves a game. I was talking Simpkin, Saad, Milera, Newnes, Siposs and cripps. 3 this week again which is good.
So only young guys that have played a senior AFL game rather than young guys that haven't??

Do you reckon the few games Siposs and Simpkin played last year help them to prepare for this year??

What about young Jack Newnes and the few games that he has played this year do you think it will benefit his preparation for next season??

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!