Collingwood again to the goldcoast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood again to the goldcoast

Collingwood has proposed a move to the Gold Coast if the Kangaroos deal falls through.

Heres the the difference thou it would play all of it's away games there (6 of them) and the rest in Melbourne. Can you imagine it 18 games in Melbourne and 6 games at the Goldcoat, God I hope the Kanga's move there now, this would make Collingwood even bigger than it is now.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/p ... 71543.html
Last edited by ausfatcat on Thu 22 Nov 2007 2:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

theyve tried this stunt before..

Read the fine print...means the only place they ever have to play is Melbourne and Carrara...no more trips to AAMI or Subiaco for them

Would be filthy if this was approved

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bigmicka
Club Player

Was it them 66? I thought it was the blues.

Offered to move to Sydney playing 11 games there and 11 games at Princes park.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Saint 58
Club Player

bigmicka wrote:Was it them 66? I thought it was the blues.

Offered to move to Sydney playing 11 games there and 11 games at Princes park.

mic
I'm fairly sure it was Carlton, eiher way, F*** off Eddie you wanker, why don't you just go for 22 games plus finals at Victoria Park you moron :?: :roll: :?:

The Pies also proposed a "merger" with Fitzroy years ago, stating "we'll have the Fitzroy emblem on our shorts, (oh and yeah. we'll also take all of Fitzroy's best players .....)"

F*** off ........

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
Liam_G
Club Player

Any person of sound mind will see that such a proposal can surely not be approved due to the overwhelming bias towards 1 club over the other 15. The scary thing is.... is there anyone in AFL house of a sound mind anymore?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I mean this is PURE Collingwood arrogance is it not..

They are offering to move 6 Home Games of OTHER teams to the Gold Coast so that they the Pies can profit from it in membership and cash...

NOTt 6 of THEIR home games...but 6 from other teams.

The AFL if it was not so much up the Pies rear exit should not even be talking to the Pies about it...
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 22 Nov 2007 9:17am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SideshowMilne
Club Player

RE: transferring all CFC AWAY GAMES

1) the fact the Collingwood had the gaul to even suggest this
2) the fact that the AFL even sat down to entertain the idea
3) the fact that its getting media attentions

underlines just how far the AFL will strip draw equality in the lure of cash and promotion of the game...

at the expense and detriment of Bulldogs, Kangas, Melbourne, us etc etc

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like there's a massive gang bang going on at either Dimwit or Eddie's residence at the moment.

The AFL will reject it outright today - as if they'd rejig the whole draw for 2008 now just after it's been released???

Eddie also doesn't want a 17th team.....of more relevance is the money being put up ($10M) by the North stay in Melbourne faction.....may be enough to get them across the line.

As long as life is made difficult for Dimwit I'm happy.

Make the prick work for his money for once, make him accountable and stressed.

bozza1980
Club Player

Whether we like it or not, the AFL would be mad not to consider this idea.

With Collingwood they are assured of a crowd at each of these 6 matches and it would be a perfect showcase of the code for the Gold Coast.

The AFL's first priority isn't to the eveness of the competition, it's to the bottom line and if the Kangaroos refuse to go and noone else is keen, then this idea is certainly one the AFL would use.

All that said, I really think, the AFL is using this more as a means to an end. It's their way of saying to the Kangaroos, "see it really is a golden opportunity and if you don't want to take it someone else will!!""

So before you lose any more sleep about St Kilda playing Collingwood in our home game at Carrara, the Kangaroos will go to the Gold Coast, this deal will never come to bear.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Ahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha PISSA!!
Not arrogant IMO, they can't seriously believe that it will cross the line but good on them for giving it a crack, if the AFL says no who cares? If they say yes that is a massive return, I wouldn't mind if we tried to beat their deal and say we will play one home game and 6 away games there.... Would suit me fine...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:

Not arrogant IMO, ...

??? Really...not arrogant to offer to play other teams HOME games at a venue that they instead profit on??

Not arogant to say to Weagles fans that each year one of their home games is no longer in Perth but on the Gold Coast....??

In that case you don't mind me suggesting that I can say have for the rest of your life one month's income out of each twelve that you earn :wink:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

Not arrogant IMO, ...

??? Really...not arrogant to offer to play other teams HOME games at a venue that they instead profit on??

Not arogant to say to Weagles fans that each year one of their home games is no longer in Perth but on the Gold Coast....??

In that case you don't mind me suggesting that I can say have for the rest of your life one month's income out of each twelve that you earn :wink:
No I wouldn't think that is arrogant because you obviously don't believe it, just like Collingwood don't seriously believe that they have any chance, but it is worth giving it a shot, you don't seriously believe that Eddie feels Collingwood have a right to those games, he just sees it as an oppurtunity to get his team an advantage and IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with that....

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Saint 58 wrote:
The Pies also proposed a "merger" with Fitzroy years ago, stating "we'll have the Fitzroy emblem on our shorts, (oh and yeah. we'll also take all of Fitzroy's best players .....)"

F*** off ........
I believe it was the socks, actually.

I can trace my disgust of Collingwood back to that exact moment in mid 1996. Couldn't believe thier arrogance.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

what a great idea :roll:

friggin collingwood

travel less??? they dont hardly travel now as it is !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

if this goes ahead can you imagine St Kilda playing two home games on the gold coast without the usualmoney incentive?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Sounds like there's a massive gang bang going on at either Dimwit or Eddie's residence at the moment.

wouldn't be the first time either.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:

No I wouldn't think that is arrogant because you obviously don't believe it, ....
Why obviously???

Remember this is not new.

Eddie and the Pies have ALREADY proposed this in the past.

The Roos playing hard to get has meant that have dusted it off hoping that the AFL's lust to get AFL games regularly on the Gold Coast.

I have no problems with the Pies proposing that THEIR home games be layed there......but their proposing to play other teams Home games there is just typical Pies arrogance where they believe (largely because it is so..!!) that the AFL should be organised to suit them.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

wouldnt happen can you imagine the real big money clubs westcoast ans adelaide bowing to collingwood and playing a home game in the goldcoast
if the afl did decide $$ is better then fairness (shudder) then it would be

kangas v coll at GC
WB v coll at GC
Bris V coll at GC
hawth V coll at GC

and coll will only play wc freo port and adl in melb and have one "away" game against Syd at telstra stadium

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Actually..I can see merit in the idea...so long as the games moved up there were the Anzac Day and Queens Birthday games...and Carlton and Geelong's home games against them. Cmon AFL..make THAT a proviso of the agreement..after all, they need showing who's boss..dont they?? :roll:

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

No I wouldn't think that is arrogant because you obviously don't believe it, ....
Why obviously???

Remember this is not new.

Eddie and the Pies have ALREADY proposed this in the past.

The Roos playing hard to get has meant that have dusted it off hoping that the AFL's lust to get AFL games regularly on the Gold Coast.

I have no problems with the Pies proposing that THEIR home games be layed there......but their proposing to play other teams Home games there is just typical Pies arrogance where they believe (largely because it is so..!!) that the AFL should be organised to suit them.
Uhhh the bit I was referring to as obviously don't believe was when you said something about taking one months wage per year off me or some outrageously irrelevantly analogy like that.

Ask yourself this, do Collingwood believe that they deserve these games? IMO they don't.

They aren't idiots though, they understand that the AFL are willing to put money ahead of the evenness of the competition, so they are (like anyone in their situation would) using this to their advantage.

Because Collingwood are the biggest drawing team they are trying to argue that it is in the AFL's best interest for them to be playing on the gold coast.

Put yourself in their situation for a second, their is a major deal going down there is a lot of advantages and money being handed out, there is still some doubt on who is going to take it, there is a slight chance that you could get all the positives without any of the negatives you would be crazy not to take it.

This is not arrogance being shown by the magpies like when they felt that they didn't need a clash jumper or when they didn't take part in heritage round, this isn't even good business it's just common sense...

The Pies aren't arrogant, the AFL would just be a disgrace if they went ahead with it.

I think people need to put their hatred of Collingwood aside and look at every issue for what it is from a critical and rational perspective..........

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I think people need to put their hatred of Collingwood aside and look at every issue for what it is from a critical and rational perspective
OK..Ill look at this issue..and looky what I find. A breathtakingly arrogant attempt by Eddies mob to hijack OTHER teams home games in the name of promoting Collingwood

If they are so bloody certain of their drawing power and sooo caring of the health of the National Competition..why dont they move a couple of their own home games up there??

Sorry...but this is a classic example of (to paraphrase Stephen Kernahan)
"We are Collingwood, F*** the rest" ..and I still hate their guts with a passion

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
I think people need to put their hatred of Collingwood aside and look at every issue for what it is from a critical and rational perspective
OK..Ill look at this issue..and looky what I find. A breathtakingly arrogant attempt by Eddies mob to hijack OTHER teams home games in the name of promoting Collingwood

If they are so bloody certain of their drawing power and sooo caring of the health of the National Competition..why dont they move a couple of their own home games up there??

"We are Collingwood, F*** the rest" ..and I still hate their guts with a passion
i think people are getting selfishness mixed up with arrogance...

There is no doubt that what they are doing is incredibly selfish but as for arrogant I don't think so....

If we made that offer would you consider it to be arrogant?, I would be loving it and hoping that the AFL would be dum enough to take it.

If you don't think that it would be arrogant if we made the offer you would be letting your hatred get in the way.

We are always on our high horse whenever any random journalist lets their own personal beliefs get in the way of what they are saying why are the rules so different for us?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
saint66au wrote:

i think people are getting selfishness mixed up with arrogance...

There is no doubt that what they are doing is incredibly selfish but as for arrogant I don't think so....

If we made that offer would you consider it to be arrogant?, I would be loving it and hoping that the AFL would be dum enough to take it.

If you don't think that it would be arrogant if we made the offer you would be letting your hatred get in the way.

We are always on our high horse whenever any random journalist lets their own personal beliefs get in the way of what they are saying why are the rules so different for us?
Selfishness is even thinking about this plan

Arrogance is actually approaching the AFL with it

I honestly don't know what else you'd call genuinely thinking that the AFL would compromise other teams HOME games for the benefit of your team..hmm maybe actually its force of habit cos of the cushy run the Pies get every year anyway!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Anyways I thought in this caper, and I couldnt resist the temptation to post because this is one hell of a juicy topic that I can sink my teeth (whoops I have none) into.....we are involved with football primarily to win premierships? yes? And in doing so remain viable and competitive and strive to remain ahead of the competition. Seven profitable years in a row has seen to that. The way our admin operates and I dont speak for any of the remaining 15 clubs as I do not know what their agenda's are but I know that our board with their business acumen and background are highly competitive and strive for every possible opportunity to stay ahead of the rest of the competition and if it means the kangaroos neglect an opportunity that smacks them in the face then so be it. It's their loss.

Seriously, what in the hell is wrong with Collingwood making an advance to the AFL when they have categorically stated they want another team on the Gold Coast and no one else having the initiative to make such advance.

As Demetriou said, Collingwood is one of the most innovative clubs in the AFL whether u can accept that or not. Being in business is a ruthless and shrewd game. Every opportunity to advance oneself at whatever risk has to be taken in this day and age, if its not, then you fall back with the rest of the pack.

You guys moving to Frankston = innovation. That's the point. U have to get moving. Even Rob Harvey was quoted saying the same thing in the Herald Sun.

Arrogance? Poor choice of words.

My rant.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

G'day jpbfc...

Umm well..heres the difference...the Kangaroos will move THEIR home games to GC...Hawthorn move THEIR home games to Tassie..Bulldogs move THEIR home games to Darwin and Sydney. Get the pattern here? they are using collaterol that's theirs to do with as they see fit..their own home games...

Collingwood on the other hand are wanting to buggerise around with OTHER TEAMS hame games. I bet they wont want their precious lil MCG stadium deal tampered with (and yes I think the AFL are reprehensible for leting them do it)

Other teams home games should NOT be available for Collingwood to barter with..its like betting with other peoples money

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor