Funding the redevelopment through donations not the club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Funding the redevelopment through donations not the club

So the club needs to fork out $1.25M to get Frankston up and going.

Doesn't sound like a problem, given how we are travelling financially at the moment, as it could be paid off easily in about 7 years or so.

BUT......as another option, could they set up a Saints/Frankston type foundation, where you become a patron (or some marketing spin) by donating a $1000 towards this project.

Everyone that becomes a "patron" then is named on a plaque/foundation stone that erected once the new facility opens.

Just an idea, similar to what hospitals/other big public facilities utilise for funding.

If the donation could go through in a tax deductible way would be handy also.

Thoughts???

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Similar to the "Buy a Brick" fundraisers at many country and suburban sports clubs?

Would be great if donations were tax deductable through the Australian Sports Commission !!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Ballarat council does that every few years with new projects and then they rip them up ten years later.

casey scorp
Club Player

There must have been something similar at Moorabbin at one time (in the 70's I think from what I recall of the names) because there are bricks next to the stairs going up to the Treor Barker Room.

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

There will definately be a Giving Program, rolled out at all levels next year. And because it is capital, I'm sure some of it can be deductible through the ASF

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:There must have been something similar at Moorabbin at one time (in the 70's I think from what I recall of the names) because there are bricks next to the stairs going up to the Treor Barker Room.
Thats right, theres also a walkway going into Windy Hill with patrons names on the pavers.

|Andy|
Club Player

talk to lindsay fox and try get him to donate some cash...he donates cash to my school and also got us a supposedly really expensive branded grand piano which sounds exactly the same as the old piano :S, so i wouldnt see any reason why he wouldnt to saints. i sure love saints more then school, why wouldnt he.