Fraser Gherig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Maybe with Goose's injury problems, Lyon wants to use Gehrig at fullback next year?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
KB
Club Player

I can see Kosi dominating at FF without Frase, but i can also Kosi getting knocked out/injured and being useless for the rest of the year....(the same can be said for any player although we all hope against it)

Just think that it is smart list management to pick him up if Frase wants to return as, at the very least provide us with a backup FF/second option.

If not another coleman medal. :D
KB

Red White and Black is the new Black.
Show ya true colours and sign up.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:Maybe with Goose's injury problems, Lyon wants to use Gehrig at fullback next year?
IMO Gehrig wouldn't be able to handle fullback anymore. His overhead game has gone downhill since '05, and I suspect he might get found out at least a couple of times if he were to play there. Also, one of the more important aspect of playing FB is closing speed, and in '07 the good FBs not only were able to close to punch, but actually mark in front of him...

I think G-Train's days in the backline are done regardless.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Kiedis
Club Player

the only problem with this is it'll ruin his fairytale ending, kick after the siren for his 5th goal....memooooories....

To all the people who actually think It's a bad idea redrafting him, comnon! a few months back most were destroyed when he gave it up "he had another year left in him" etc. etc. Now he's not a necessary part of the team? It's the f'n G-Train we're talkin bout!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Will G be on the next flight home if we draft him? I hope this is the case !!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

LTN16 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:crap if allen is any good he will force his way into the side .. players have to earn their spot in the side and just playing him to develop him is the stuff teams on the rebuild do not teams who are a realistic chance of a flag

and picking frase up at pick 70 in a shallow draft is not going to hinder our development all that much
Well thats just your opinion :roll:

Well were Port a realistic chance of a flag last year ??

Thats what happens when you play youth like Westhoff, Boak, Gray ect...

The way we are going now we will never improve but I can see Collingwood and the Power improving sh*tloads.
of course its only an opinion everything one here is opinion
with port bringing in guys like westoff ect was due to necessity not choice and yeah it payed off for them but mor often then not it doesnt . players have to earn their spot its the only way to get your best team going

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/