Pressure RE Museum

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BradWA
Club Player

Pressure RE Museum

We need to bring pressure via emails, letters and voice in person to make sure we get a facility to house the collection of amazing memorabilia that Georgy has amassed at Linton St
It is housed in a small room and she says it could be 5 times that size (and growing weekly)
We as members and supporters need to bring a huge amount of pressure to bare to get this up and running
I took my sons over last year to a game and training and the best part of the trip was seeing all the items donated and collected.

Need email address RE Westaway (who did not know of the museum when I spoke to him in Perth)
plus any emails of other Board members

Thoughts everyone

The Moderator Nazi,s strike again, Oh forgot, shyt im not in the purple circle.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

good thought, would be lovely to develop this into a larger room in the new admin centre down in frankston. Remember visiting it and some of the stuff is remarkable!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Fully support this.

The Museum currently under resourced and needs an injection of funds
and a bigger area when relocated.......

Not all will agree but to display our history in an appropriate surrounding would be great for the hard working museum VOLUNTEERS.......

saint4life
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, great idea.

Something for the board too.

I would email Archie first perhaps - archief@saints.com.au

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
mcadam05
Club Player

Re: Pressure RE Museum

BradWA wrote:We need to bring pressure via emails, letters and voice in person to make sure we get a facility to house the collection of amazing memorabilia that Georgy has amassed at Linton St
It is housed in a small room and she says it could be 5 times that size (and growing weekly)
We as members and supporters need to bring a huge amount of pressure to bare to get this up and running
I took my sons over last year to a game and training and the best part of the trip was seeing all the items donated and collected.

Need email address RE Westaway (who did not know of the museum when I spoke to him in Perth)

Thoughts everyone

I had a post like this 12mths ago the Museum is run by the sinners a group which dont get me wrong does great things for our club,but really shouldnt be running the Museum.A group of people who have a passion for the history and therefore collecting said history should be put togeather doesnt matter how big the room is if the ppl running dont know what too fill it with.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pressure RE Museum

mcadam05 wrote:
BradWA wrote:We need to bring pressure via emails, letters and voice in person to make sure we get a facility to house the collection of amazing memorabilia that Georgy has amassed at Linton St

Thoughts everyone

I had a post like this 12mths ago the Museum is run by the sinners a group which dont get me wrong does great things for our club,but really shouldnt be running the Museum.A group of people who have a passion for the history and therefore collecting said history should be put togeather doesnt matter how big the room is if the ppl running dont know what too fill it with.
What are you on about!!

saint4life
mcadam05
Club Player

what Im on about is that the wrong ppl are running it

chook23
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:what Im on about is that the wrong ppl are running it
Your comment

re passion........

G DAY could not be more so....

saint4life
mcadam05
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:what Im on about is that the wrong ppl are running it
Your comment

re passion........

G DAY could not be more so....

Dont get me wrong im sure they have passion for our club, but they have no idea about running a museum

The first post was asking for a bigger room maybe Chook you should go down too punt rd and look at richmond's Museum its in a room a 1/3 of the size of our one but the feel of it is 100times better coz its run by people with passion for collecting the history of there club

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

You just said its not about passion fgor the club, because they dont know how to run the museum.

But, then you go on to say that The Punt rd museum is 100 times better, because its run by people with passion for the club :roll: :roll: :roll:

Saint Mik
Club Player

Westaway didnt know about the museum???

Did i read that correct???

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Westaway didnt know about the museum???

Did i read that correct???
It's very possible.

Im not condoning it, but the museum has not been marketed well. In fact, I would think that most fans wouldnt even know it exists.

Its hidden away, theres nothing in the Social Club or Admin area that says such a place exists.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote: Its hidden away, theres nothing in the Social Club or Admin area that says such a place exists.
What about the big sign on the old scoreboard??

Saint Mik
Club Player

So the bloke running the place doesn't even know all the clubs facility's what else does he not know about.

Not condoning it either thats for sure, seems very odd, hope he keeps it going and doesnt just leave it there collecting dust because he never knew about it :shock:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Im talking about from the entrance to HQ.

You cant see the scoreboard, or the sign on it from the driveway.

You also cant see it from inside the merchandise area / Admin, or the Social Club.

Also StMik, i think when he said Westaway didnt know about it, he meant during the campaign to win power - not 'today'.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Everyone involved and passionat about the club would know about it Nick IMO

True sainters know about it is what i'm trying to say i suppose and it just seems odd thats all.

Nothing really just very odd, kind of like a new prime mininster not knowing about Tasmania because its small and at the bottom of Australia sort of strange IMO.