Announcement tomorrow re Moorabbin redevelopment

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

A move any more out South East is a total disrespect to West, North and even Central residents. Wow, That would make up over 65% of the population.

And it pisses me off when idiot posters portray how a move to Frankston or Casey would be beneficial....

Its the same as a North Melbourne supporter living o the Gold Coast arguing that the team should relocate. Creditability = Zero.

I put up with the fact that St Kilda's base is more than an hour away for me even though I live right next to the city. A lot further than it should be given the context of where the 'actual' suburb is.

casey scorp
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:I'm going to be a bit cryptic here... but YOU TWO would be very lost without this posters true identity...
Perhaps ME TOO is going to make an announcement.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:
HSVKing wrote:I'm going to be a bit cryptic here... but YOU TWO would be very lost without this posters true identity...
Perhaps ME TOO is going to make an announcement.
Not quite the area I pitched that one into...

They walk amongst us...

SAINTLY73
Club Player

I had heard there were talks with Frankston but had been told that Casey were a sure bet. Both offered a lot more than Kingston but they needed to stitch this pretty quick or have egg on their face. Seriously the Saints don't have a cent for the redevelopment at Moorabbin, it was always going to be a move that didn't cost them a cent.

It won't be about money in the end but payment in kind. Such things as maintenance and things that would cost a lot of money to the saints and can be hidden within council budgets.

Personally think that Casey offered more in terms of facilities and recognition but I know that a player revolt was looming if Casey was happening. Considering all the sporty holdens they drive, whats another 15min on the road?

karnak
Club Player

Geez talk about giving the dog a bono, sorry I mean a bone.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I see where you're coming from Spinner (I live a long way from Moorabbin at the moment, and soon it'll be two states away), but there are 2 million people who live in the south and east, and the Saints identify with that market.

The move to Moorabbin in 1965 meant we were always penned as the club of the "south east", and it's given us a stronghold of a supporter base.

I would estimate that at two-thirds of our members live in the south-east area.

There is really no other AFL club in that location. If we can further capitalise on that market, then IMO it is a good thing ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
casey scorp
Club Player

I hope it isn't Frankston, but if it is ...... good luck.

IF the OP is right, and IF there's an announcement tomorrow, and IF it's down the highway, then it is definitely FRANKSTON.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:I hope it isn't Frankston, but if it is ...... good luck.

IF the OP is right, and IF there's an announcement tomorrow, and IF it's down the highway, then it is definitely FRANKSTON.
And as someone previously mentioned the Frankston Dolphins play in red,white & black http://www.frankstonfc.com.au/index.php

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Here is a link to Frankston Oval ....Home of the Dolphins .....
http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums.php?id=51

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i will eat my words and apologise to the op..thanks for the insight even if we didnt believe it

Robert Harvey- Simply the best