Ben Cousins 2009?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ttufc7
Club Player

Ben Cousins 2009?

If he gets himself right and is allowed to play afl football again in 2009....Is he worth consideration???

buzfromgronggrong

NO WAY - HE IS EVIL!!!

WE'LL NEVER FORGET WHAT HE DID TO THE POLES AND THE CZECHS!!

VIVA LA FRANCE!!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Gotta get the band back together..

Gardy & Benny...

Get the saints disco rolling again!

Good times..

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Would he fall to pick #16 in the PSD? 8-)

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Would he fall to pick #16 in the PSD? 8-)
Would he not be in the main draft?????

ie like Woewoedin who nominated last year...
I don't think that he can be in the PSD.

But yes it will be an interesting one of where he will be taken because subject to do the right thing over the next year he will be taken,

Clubs with the first few picks are by definition unlikely to be playing finals fora year or several....and so Ben would not be of full value to them....

Better for them to take a young kid.

Teams seeing themselves as playing finals football would be very much interested.

Would they use a first draft....????

Yes I think so.....

If you can believe the football gossip RL would have this year swapped pick 9 for him....

By 2009 season he will be almost 31....so should have say 2 good years....

So how low a pick...??

I think it will bea team either just in or out of the 8...quite probably just out of it that will take him.

Though the other variable is how rich next years draft will be. A rich vein of kids will see Ben taken later.....

But pick 16....I think he will be gone.

Willimas at PA is certailnly eying him off.....and with the group at PA ripening Cousins in 2009 could make quitea difference...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

To entertain the thought of having a CHEAT like Cousins as part of the StKFC turns me off completely. I would have the confidence in the new Board and the Football Management team to cast aside any thought of having a blatant cheat associated with our Club.
I am branding Cousins a cheat because he has obviously been involved in drugs for some years, he has confirmed his addiction by apologising to the AFL community and therefore MUST have played games whilst under the influence of performance enhancing medication :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Remember Round21 at the Dome this year, Blake played on Cousins and kept him quiet in the first half. The second half, Cousins with his body all oiled up and glistening, went absolutely dominent and ran and ran and ran, outrunning Blake like a machine, to win the game off his own boot for the Eagles. To me, that was the performance of a man who turned his own game around by 200% in the space of 50 minutes - perhaps the glistening oil makes him feel superhuman and gives him the enormous boost in running power :evil: :evil: :evil:

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
bungiton
SS Life Member

The fact that he is undetaking rehab is not really that encouraging, he left WA to fly to LA for REHAB and celebrated his arrival in sin city with a five day coke bender, the only hospitalisation he undertook was due to the fact he was delivered to one in an ambulance.

Cousins was a great player, but let's face it, to place any trust in the fact that he is to be a willing participant in any attempt to clean up his life is far fetched at the least.

I would consider at this point in time that Cousins will be back in the press for all the wrong reasons within six weeks.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Has West Coast actually delisted him yet?
If not they could keep him on the list and then trade him at the end of 08.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:Has West Coast actually delisted him yet?
If not they could keep him on the list and then trade him at the end of 08.

Very good point......

So is it worth more to them to take an extra kid this year....buta late pick....

Or playa player short and to gain an extra player or picks next year????

I am not sure how the slary cap would impact them though.

If he is 'sacked" for breech of contract I assume it come out of the salary cap...whereas if they choose to keep him on their list then they would have to pay him....and uness the AFL makesa special ruling his salary would be in the salray cap????

However with Judd having freed up lots of room that may not be an issue.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

If they are going to replace Cousins' spot on their list, then it must be with a player from the PSD, as he wasn't cut from the list prior to October 31 (cut-off for National Draft).

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Don't forget, WestCoast is under investigation by Mr Justice Gillard and what comes out of that may prevent West Coast doing anything with Cousins and maybe some other possible cheats on their list.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
yipper
SS Life Member

I believe he was actually de-registered as of yesterday. Don't think he can be on any AFL list effective immediately. So, West Coast will have to cut him from their list.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

my interpretation is that he would have to nominate for the national draft..as he is not going to be a 2008 registered player, i am not sure that he can be in the psd..i may be wrong though.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Would he fall to pick #16 in the PSD? 8-)
my thoughts exactly

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From good ole Wiki..

The AFL Pre-season Draft is the drafting of uncontracted players to teams in the Australian Football League. The draft is conducted after the National AFL Draft and before the start if the next AFL season. It is conducted at the same time as the AFL rookie draft.

The pre-season draft is a place for any uncontracted players to nominate that missed the AFL Draft or who were delisted after the main draft.

So if the Eagles do not keep him on thir list by the time of the 2007 PSD....Benny would go in the main draft in 2008.

If he was delisted AFT the 2007 PSD then he could go into the 2008 PSD...though he could also nominate for the main draft.

If as indicated in an earlier post his deregistering is effective immidediately and hence would not be on the weagles list any more then he would seem to be if in any draft going to be in the 2008 main draft.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:To entertain the thought of having a CHEAT like Cousins as part of the StKFC turns me off completely. I would have the confidence in the new Board and the Football Management team to cast aside any thought of having a blatant cheat associated with our Club.
I am branding Cousins a cheat because he has obviously been involved in drugs for some years, he has confirmed his addiction by apologising to the AFL community and therefore MUST have played games whilst under the influence of performance enhancing medication :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Remember Round21 at the Dome this year, Blake played on Cousins and kept him quiet in the first half. The second half, Cousins with his body all oiled up and glistening, went absolutely dominent and ran and ran and ran, outrunning Blake like a machine, to win the game off his own boot for the Eagles. To me, that was the performance of a man who turned his own game around by 200% in the space of 50 minutes - perhaps the glistening oil makes him feel superhuman and gives him the enormous boost in running power :evil: :evil: :evil:
geee wiz by your thinking then harvey must of been on drugs for most of his life cause how many times have we seen him be well held only to explode in the last qtr ? seriously get a grip of reality if you seriously think that ben in a game on national TV with officals every where and cameras every where security cleaners training services people all buzzinf around the change rooms was able to slip away have a snort the come out and win the game off his drug fuels energy you reall are delusional . why did ben come good in the second half ??? maybe cause hes a good player had good teamates to help put blocks on to free him up ?? nah the drug storyys more feasable :roll:

seriously i dont want ben at our club either as i think he is never going to change his ways but to presume he took drugs during a game is plain stupid

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Plus Cox started palming the ball to Cousins beautifully in the second half....and unfortunately Blake started standing off him rather than on his toes (yes sometimes helped by WC team mate blocking, but often Blake was just wide of him...).......and Cousins in space with Cox on his game is a recipe for what happened.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

A good kick in the backside from the coach at half time wouldve helped to.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Don't forget, WestCoast is under investigation by Mr Justice Gillard and what comes out of that may prevent West Coast doing anything with Cousins and maybe some other possible cheats on their list.
So I wonder how much this "AFL QC" is getting paid by the AFL to exonerate WCE from any wrongdoing after an "extensive and thorough review".

It's all a smokescreen for Dimwit's incompetence.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Garry Ayres has said he will gladly have him play with his VFL side next year.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Garry Ayres has said he will gladly have him play with his VFL side next year.
gary ayres gave up goddard or wells for one season of carey and managed to kill 2 football teams.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!