I LOVE THE SAINTS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Re: MELBOURNE SAINTS

RooandKosi wrote:Imagine adding mclean, White, Jones, Rivers and Davey to our list!!
Yeh... at what cost? Salary cap... losing other players we have already...

You sir are a fool... Do some real research before trying to play out a fantasy in your head.

Never going to happen... EVER!!!

They walk amongst us...

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Brian Collis wrote:I'd rather be gay
That would at least cure your homophobia.
I think you can get a suppository for that. :P

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
RooandKosi wrote:Imagine adding mclean, White, Jones, Rivers and Davey to our list!!

You sir are a fool... Do some real research before trying to play out a fantasy in your head.
Head or hand ? :roll: !!

linz
Club Player

stinger wrote:
RooandKosi wrote:The demons have dropped the name demons in hope of securiong a merger and i for one think this would be ideal for us!!

I
crap...they dropped the name demons so as not to upset the chinese
Exactly

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Behind Play
Club Player

linz wrote:
stinger wrote:
RooandKosi wrote:The demons have dropped the name demons in hope of securiong a merger and i for one think this would be ideal for us!!

I
Exactly
The most followed football club in Chine is Manchester United, and what are they known as....... the Red Devils.

I think the Melbourne football club is on the wrong tram.

linz
Club Player

You know, I never knew that & I reckon the Chinese people didn't either.

SO, PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM.

Manchester United need the support :wink: :wink: :wink:

barneyboyz
Club Player

If Moorabbin goes rather MCG than Casey grounds!!!
Both Bayside kind of teams its not like merging with the west or north parts of melbourne.
Get to play MCG, stay in Melbourne
Would have a flag within 2 years.
Gaurantees us in Melbourne Forever and what a good name!!
Keep our jumper and saints name as letys face it we have the more supporter base and cash assets. (moreso than melbourne)

Imagine adding mclean, White, Jones, Rivers and Davey to our list!!

Merging or reloctaing is enivitable for us, melbourne, doggies, kangas and possibly carlton and hawks so i say we get on board with melbourne as the namesake is whjat the AFL will want to keep in the long run!!

Of course id rather not and have the saints build at moorabbin but is it realistic?? we have the 4th worst assets in the AFL even though we have 8th best supporter base.
Is that you, James Braishaw?

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Melbourne Saints??????????????

Not that I wanta merge.....but the main thing that makes us what we are is our name St Kilda....

Without St Kilda we would lose our essence....

After our name is our colors......just don't trya nd see them in our clash jumper!!!

Way back is our mascot....because basically we don't have one!!!!!!!

yes we are called the saints...but that comes from St Kilda.

Noth has the Kanagaroos..

Richmond the Tigers....

BUT we basically just have our name......St Kilda.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jill
Club Player

Where were Melb. when we were SOSing??? Have never forgotten it was FITZROY [sent them a cheque to try & save as a thank-you - have often wished Bris. would give me a refund],FOOTSCRAY & RICHMOND Cheer Squads who stood shoulder to shoulder with us & rattled the tins to save us. Roos had 7 & Ron Casey on their side ,so didn't give a toss about us as did most of the the VFL. WILL NEVER FORGET THE POWER & THE PASSION OF EX-SAINTS,PLAYERS OF THE TIME,SUPPORTERS TO ENABLE THE ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB TO SURVIVE!!!!!
We did survive and we will win another flag BUT we must BELIEVE in our motto!!
HAVE FAITH!, BELIEVE! WE WILL SURVIVE & SUCCEED!!
GO SAINTERS 2008! :D

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

This is what happens when the AFL have sanatised the game to this degree,squeezing all it's life out, losing all it's tradition , taking the passion away.It creates supporters like this

Please,go follow soccer instead

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Good thread Rodger - excellent debating topic.... :roll: :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saintsrus wrote:

If Moorabbin goes rather MCG than Casey grounds!!!
Both Bayside kind of teams its not like merging with the west or north parts of melbourne.
Get to play MCG, stay in Melbourne
Would have a flag within 2 years.
Gaurantees us in Melbourne Forever and what a good name!!
Keep our jumper and saints name as letys face it we have the more supporter base and cash assets. (moreso than melbourne)

Imagine adding mclean, White, Jones, Rivers and Davey to our list!!

Merging or reloctaing is enivitable for us, melbourne, doggies, kangas and possibly carlton and hawks so i say we get on board with melbourne as the namesake is whjat the AFL will want to keep in the long run!!

Of course id rather not and have the saints build at moorabbin but is it realistic?? we have the 4th worst assets in the AFL even though we have 8th best supporter base.
GO HIBERNATE FOR THE SUMMER PLEASE :roll:
or forever :wink:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Sobraz
SS Life Member

I wonder just how many supporters there are out there like 'rooandkosi' that pretend to be all for the club and about winning and the saints doing their best... and then think these thoughts.. people like you, rooandkosi, are fraud supporters, and your opinions on this site can no longer be taken seriously.... by all means run the lines about best interests for the future of the club, blah blah blah.. I follow the St.Kilda Saints... Noone else... Fraud...

RooandKosi
Club Player

Im no fraud i love the saints believe me.

Chester's Saints
Club Player

RooandKosi wrote:Im no fraud i love the saints believe me.
Yeah, you love the Melbourne Saints

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the pain we endured to keep the club alive in the 80 would of been for nothing if we were to merge for nothing more then premiership glory
in the 80 the loyal fans stood as one and dragged our club out of the sight of merge/relocation/folding

any talk of merge is sickening and being in the situation we are in now with a competitive team and a possitive bank ballance it would be greed only to make it happen ... not our stkilda not this life time !!!!!!!!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Beej
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote:Gaurantees us in Melbourne Forever and what a good name!!
Far out. "What a good name!!" It would be kinda funny if it came from a troll.

RooandKosi, hopefully one day you become more attached to the club than you obviously are now and you'll think back to this and be pretty embarrassed about what you posted.

The day we merge will be the day we die as a club.

Ask any true Fitzroy supporter how they felt when Brisbane won their flags and if they're honest they will all tell you that it was hollow and gave them a tinge of sadness. They may have celebrated the flag, but you can just imagine how they would've been feeling inside.
Armoooo wrote:Would you completely forget about footy or would you pick up another team?
If we were to move interstate I would pick up another team
What on earth?! How can you just pick up another team? There's no difference between that and the original post.

I would struggle to support a merged club and there's no chance I would be able to support any other club - anyone who could jump on board another AFL club was never really St Kilda in the first place imo.

Imagine how much it would make your stomach churn to turn up to a game and force yourself to support the Tigers or the Bombers?!

I would probably still follow the competition, as I love the game, but my interest in it would have diminished a hell of a lot.
Last edited by Beej on Mon 19 Nov 2007 12:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:
stinger wrote:

I
Exactly
I must have missed this - Melbourne are dropping the "Demons" nickname they've had for 50 + years?

What did they replace it with, and is it gone forever?

EDIT: Sorry, read something on heraldsun.com, Melbourne are still called "The Demons", so the name isn't gone, they just prefer to be called Melbournefc (did someone mention soccer) now.

Its a marketing thing, like "POrt Adelaide" Instead of "Port Power".

Barely news, IMHO.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the pain we endured to keep the club alive in the 80 would of been for nothing if we were to merge for nothing more then premiership glory
in the 80 the loyal fans stood as one and dragged our club out of the sight of merge/relocation/folding

any talk of merge is sickening and being in the situation we are in now with a competitive team and a possitive bank ballance it would be greed only to make it happen ... not our stkilda not this life time !!!!!!!!!!
good post trav, agree 100%

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
linz
Club Player

riccardo wrote:
linz wrote:
stinger wrote:

I
Exactly
I must have missed this - Melbourne are dropping the "Demons" nickname they've had for 50 + years?

What did they replace it with, and is it gone forever?

EDIT: Sorry, read something on heraldsun.com, Melbourne are still called "The Demons", so the name isn't gone, they just prefer to be called Melbournefc (did someone mention soccer) now.

Its a marketing thing, like "POrt Adelaide" Instead of "Port Power".

Barely news, IMHO.
From what I hear, Melbourne Football Club are trying to market their Football club into China along with Melbourne Victory & Melbourne Storm. Because Demons are considered bad luck in China; they've decided to drop the emblem from their gear. They probably assume that if they can get 1000th of 1% of Chinese people to barrack for the Dees; I mean M's then they'll quadruple their membership x 10 times. GOOD LUCK !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good thread, perfect time of the year to stir the pot up a bit.

Anyway, I hope we don't have to merge, I'd prefer relocation if it was a choice between the two.

Realistically, with North almost certain to go to the Carrara, that should buy all Melbourne teams another 5 to 10 years before the next move - no doubt a team to Western Sydney.

ie. the most important issue to build our severley crap revenue base by at least 30% over the next couple of years, and then keep building steadily upon that, so that in 5 years time we are financially sound even if there is a downturn onfield.

At the moment, if we have even 2 years as a bottom 4 club, we will be looking at million dollar losses rather than profits.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:It's made me feel sick that a St Kilda supporter could be so excited about this. :?

If the only way we were to win a flag was to merge, I'd rather I never saw us win a flag to be perfectly honest.
Hear hear!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!