The Scorpions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jezza
Club Player

The Scorpions

[color=red]What are the scorps up to.Heard today that Their football manager L Buzzard has resigned to take up a position elsewhere
.[/color]
Since Banfield resigned they have lost a lot of their support staff.The scorps are a rabble which is a concern for us as our players will have to play there .With the new football expenditure will we be able to put our own side in the future. The scorps admin make a lot of blues. I tried to sponsor 2 players last year and no one phoned me back.

Why cant we field our own side and play at Moorabbin.

Jezza

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Scorpions

jezza wrote:
Too expensive.

iceman
Club Player

Buzzard had a 2 year contract with FV in which he has fulfilled and no doubt will be missed as put HUGE amounts of effort into the club to make the relocation as smooth as possible.
It's not quite a matter of him resigning (if in fact he is moving on)

There is always abit of a fall out when a coach leaves, but explain to me how they are rabble?? it was the saints who approached the scorpions to pay for a full time coaching gig.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Scorpions

n1ck wrote:
jezza wrote:
Too expensive.
westaway ruled it out compeltely sighted expenses

out money can be put to better use than fielding a stand alone team

in the end our best 22 is still better than collingwoods

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
jezza
Club Player

Scorpions

So what you are saying iceman is that the saints are taking full control by paying for a fulltime coach,which must be a good thing. The saints boys will all play in the VFL seniors which is so important for their development.

Iceman you seem to know a lot. Surely losing Harrison,Carmody,Makepeace,Biagi takes a lot out of the playing group.Big rumour around is that Matthews will get rookied. As well you have lost a huge chunk of your coaching staff.

I spoke to a young Casey player who still has not been payed and it is November.How can you get and keep young players if that continues to happen.That is what i call rabble.

If the saints took full control then surely little things like that would not happen.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Rabble = Brian Woodman. Simple really. Lovely guy but isn't good enough to be a GM.

Not sure rabble is the right word, but there is a problem at the Scorpions. When stalwarts of the club in Harrison, Carmody (and their fathers who held board positions), Caples and Jeffers up and leave, something isn't quite right.

FYI,
A former scorpion is back in EFL ranks. Peter Nicholson will coach East Burwood next year. East Burwood also have an alignment with the Collingwood VFL team, meaning surplus players may play for East Burwood and vice versa, East Burwood players may be top up players.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Darryl Strawberry

Yeah iv heard a few ppl havent been paid yet and tend to agree that Woodman struggles in his role, I havent heard Biagi leaving where is he going.Jezza Do you think we will take Matthews at the saints? Will any scorps train with the saints?

GrumpyOne

Darryl Strawberry wrote:Yeah iv heard a few ppl havent been paid yet and tend to agree that Woodman struggles in his role, I havent heard Biagi leaving where is he going.Jezza Do you think we will take Matthews at the saints? Will any scorps train with the saints?
You've heard that way up in Nhill?

Darryl Strawberry

You've heard that way up in Nhill?[/quote]

Obviously I dont actually live in Nhill just as my real name isnt Darryl Strawberry would you like me to leave my full name, address and my taxfile number while im at it.

GrumpyOne

Darryl Strawberry wrote:You've heard that way up in Nhill?
Obviously I dont actually live in Nhill just as my real name isnt Darryl Strawberry would you like me to leave my full name, address and my taxfile number while im at it.[/quote]

Together with your visa card number, expiry date, and the three digit confirmation number on the back Thanks.

Darryl Strawberry

ok ill trade you mine for yours!! :twisted: but you first

GrumpyOne

Darryl Strawberry wrote:ok ill trade you mine for yours!! :twisted: but you first
Cheeky bugger for a newbie, aren't you?

You'll get on very well in this forum. :D

casey scorp
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Rabble = Brian Woodman. Simple really. Lovely guy but isn't good enough to be a GM.
I reckon that's a bit rough. Look at the state of the Scorpions a few years ago. Struggling hand to mouth, a couple of hundred spectators at matches and facilities at the bottom of the heap.

Brian Woodman, and the President John Sharkie, have led the Scorps to a new location and a new era where they are far more successful, and in future will be even more so.

I know that influential figures at the Scorps credit BW's enthusiasm and drive as the reason the Scorps are still in existence.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

20 30 40 yrs time their will not be 7 8 9 teams out of inner melb why not get in on the ground floor...as a club we are not all that important in the games future developement

one day we will become the casey scorps or the southern saints (3rd team out of sa) or some other named club in some other location

we took over the moorabbin footy club 40 yrs ago why not do the same today ie take over the casey scorps lock stock & barrel

i'm still spewing we gave up our tassie opportunity...the hawks future is assured..continual money steam from tassie ,training base in waverley etc...hawthorn read the tea leaves & looked to the future we are still stuffing around trying to hang on to the past

i know which club will still be around in 30 yrs time

casey scorp
Club Player

rogerwa wrote:20 30 40 yrs time their will not be 7 8 9 teams out of inner melb why not get in on the ground floor...as a club we are not all that important in the games future developement

one day we will become the casey scorps or the southern saints (3rd team out of sa) or some other named club in some other location

we took over the moorabbin footy club 40 yrs ago why not do the same today ie take over the casey scorps lock stock & barrel

i'm still spewing we gave up our tassie opportunity...the hawks future is assured..continual money steam from tassie ,training base in waverley etc...hawthorn read the tea leaves & looked to the future we are still stuffing around trying to hang on to the past

i know which club will still be around in 30 yrs time
I agree with most of your comments about the need to move, but not about changing our name to the Casey Saints. Hawthorn hasn't (and won't) change its name to Waverley.

There’s a really interesting commentary about changing names on a site called “Footscray not Western Bulldogsâ€

jezza
Club Player

Scorps

Hey Casey scorp the only 2 people at the scorps are woodman and sharkie.Yes granted they have seen the vision to move to a place where in years to come will be a great place to play footy with great support.

But it is Nov and they still do not have a coach.The club only improved through the work of banfield and his team to change the perception of the club and get some talented kids in to the club.

I played there back at Newcombe rd a few years ago when the club was struggling.The only reason it happened was because some people took there eye of the ball and they are still there now at the top.

It is terrible that they have no coach.Hopefully they will apoint one next week as they have a information night this Friday. I Want to take 1 of my talented players to this night but wont go if there is no coach.

Jezza

casey scorp
Club Player

Re: Scorps

jezza wrote:Hey Casey scorp the only 2 people at the scorps are woodman and sharkie.Yes granted they have seen the vision to move to a place where in years to come will be a great place to play footy with great support.

But it is Nov and they still do not have a coach.The club only improved through the work of banfield and his team to change the perception of the club and get some talented kids in to the club.

I played there back at Newcombe rd a few years ago when the club was struggling.The only reason it happened was because some people took there eye of the ball and they are still there now at the top.

It is terrible that they have no coach.Hopefully they will apoint one next week as they have a information night this Friday. I Want to take 1 of my talented players to this night but wont go if there is no coach.

Jezza
I've got to admit I don't know a lot of the past history of the Scorps - I've only been following them since the time they got aligned with St Kilda. But I do know they are better off now than they were at the time I started taking an interest.

I think the loss of Banfield was a real blow, and like you hope they announce a coach this week. The hiatus is very damaging.

I hope you go on Friday night. Is the info night for supporters, or for potential players?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Darryl Strawberry wrote:ok ill trade you mine for yours!! :twisted: but you first
Cheeky bugger for a newbie, aren't you?

You'll get on very well in this forum. :D
exactly.

No how about banning yourself Darryl, like I'm meant to be??? :lol: :lol:

P.S. before you stop posting for a week, please give me all your internet banking details, and make sure the balance in your savings account is at least ten grand...is that cool??