Congrats caseyscorp. Your Saints dream is coming true

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAINTLY73
Club Player

Congrats caseyscorp. Your Saints dream is coming true

It might be cryptic to some. But I think caseyscorp will be getting an early Christmas present.

Waiting for the big announcement.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Are we moving to Casey?

brewski
Club Player

Better F&*kin not be!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Would rather go to Gold Coast that Casey!

Banned by the censors
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Re: Congrats caseyscorp. Your Saints dream is coming true

SAINTLY73 wrote:It might be cryptic to some. But I think caseyscorp will be getting an early Christmas present.

Fess up SAINTLY73, it's not fair to the rest of us amateur cryptologists...

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

brewski wrote:Better F&*kin not be!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Would rather go to Gold Coast that Casey!
Gold Coast would almost be closer to Moorabbin than Casey Fields is.

casey scorp
Club Player

SAINTLY73 wrote:It might be cryptic to some. But I think caseyscorp will be getting an early Christmas present.

:D :D :D
That was an exciting read to wake up to.

I'm sure it is also a dream of many others.

Thanks for the heads up - hope your sources are right.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

If true, I only have one thing to say.

OH s***!

Don't think it's the right move to move AWAY from the main part of the city, no matter how many virtues Cranbourne has. We need to be central.

But I don't make these decisions.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I dont really care where our base is, is casey further now for banger?

Before Im 85
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

No offence, but if we are putting our location as 'how far for Banger', then we are in deep doggy doo doos!!!

Professional footballers will travel where they are employed, 99% of the time.

I'm more concerned with the exposure aspect. Look at what being at the Lexus Centre has done for Collingwood. Why couldn't we be involved in something like that, inner city wise?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

casey scorp wrote:I'm sure it is also a dream of many others.
Only for those who have their own self interests at heart.....

Solar
Saintsational Legend

I would assume that we will not completely move from the 'bin but if it delivers us 21st centuary facilities for the players in a reasonable time frame (right now the moorabin development is indefinate, kind of like hamill mark 2!).

Has anyone who complaigned actually been down that way. The council is chock full of money, the facilities are great and the NEW victorians are huge drawing power for new members. It's about 15 minutes further then waverley and we never heard any outcry from hawks supporters over that.

We will still lots of media coverage, we could use one of the dozen fields to train at, thus forever having closed sessions.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Huge market. More people there than on the Gold Coast.

It took courage in 1965 for St Kilda to move to "the middle of nowhere" at Moorabbin.

It paid off in spades.

Our membership will be 50,000 in 5 years time if we move to Casey.

I hope the current St Kilda administration shows the same foresight and makes this call.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

If we move down to Casey it will isolate the club from the Members this will alienate many and make us feel less part of the club than we already do! It already takes my family 1hr and 30 minutes to get to Moorabbin i wouldn't bother going to club functions at Cranbourne the trip there and back would take longer than the time i spend there!

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I understand the growing market in Cranbourne. I'm familiar with the area and the areas beyond. Personally, it will be closer to me than Moorabbin.

I'm not sure of whether this move is going to make us a 'super' club.

I'd prefer us to be central in the heart of Melbourne somewhere, even if it took another year or two.

Maybe if we lose the Grand Prix, something in Albert Park could be arranged?

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:Huge market. More people there than on the Gold Coast.

It took courage in 1965 for St Kilda to move to "the middle of nowhere" at Moorabbin.

It paid off in spades.

Our membership will be 50,000 in 5 years time if we move to Casey.

I hope the current St Kilda administration shows the same foresight and makes this call.
Interesting stuff ....... so what your saying is that Casey will be the biggest populated regional center in the country since Gold Coast currently holds that title. Why the Hell arn't the AFL trying to move the Kangaroos to Casey instead of GC. It would save the club and keep them in Victoria win win as far as i can see? Also you comment that our membership will crack 50k in 5 years would that be provided that this decision doesn't disenfranchise the members to not purchase memberships remember saints fans are amongst the Most fickle in the country.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:If we move down to Casey it will isolate the club from the Members this will alienate many and make us feel less part of the club than we already do! It already takes my family 1hr and 30 minutes to get to Moorabbin i wouldn't bother going to club functions at Cranbourne the trip there and back would take longer than the time i spend there!
got nothing to do with it, functions would still happen in inner city venues such as TD and crown. When was the last event apart from a family day that has been hosted at moorabin?

The only ones that will be effected are those working at the club, the players and the few that actually go to training, which might be no one if the ban goes through.

Listen to some of the fans that were upset about the move from the junction oval in the 60's, sounds a little familar.

Basically if we have move chance to get the facilities we need to compete at the AFL level by moving our training base down to casey then we need to do it. Players will come around ,especially if the idea of fantastic facilities are developed. Why the need to go home if you can study, relax, swim, have a coffee etc. down there during training sessions. Thats what I would be putting to the fans and players, here is a once in a lifetime chance to build the faiclities that will bring us the next flag.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Oh When the Saints wrote:Our membership will be 50,000 in 5 years time if we move to Casey.
How did you arrive at that figure?

Just because we may move to a growth centre does not automatically transcend into people taking out memberships out of convenience.

imo of course......

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I won't be upset if the move to Cranbourne goes through.

I just think it's the wrong move that's all.

Time will tell.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Dosen't bother me much. Cranbourne is as far away for me as Moorabbin. In fact, it may even be a bit closer.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:, the players and the few that actually go to training, which might be no one if the ban goes through.

They are going to ban people at training?

Liam_G
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
Solar wrote:, the players and the few that actually go to training, which might be no one if the ban goes through.

They are going to ban people at training?
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=37781

For the pre-season anyway (atm)

casey scorp
Club Player

redwhite&blackblood wrote: Interesting stuff ....... so what your saying is that Casey will be the biggest populated regional center in the country since Gold Coast currently holds that title. Why the Hell arn't the AFL trying to move the Kangaroos to Casey instead of GC. It would save the club and keep them in Victoria win win as far as i can see?
That is a really interesting question. In fact 5 years ago the Kangaroos looked exactly at that question - moving to Casey Fields and having an alignment with a yet to be determined (at that time) VFL club playing matches from the then to be developed Casey Fields. It was strongly supported by a visionary President, but not by a short-sighted Board.

Instead the Kangaroos decided to focus on an inner Melbourne location, and ended up with a split VFL arrangement. It has been an unmitigated disaster.

The VFL arrangements have been hopeless, firstly with Port Melbourne which fizzled out and then with half the players having to play with an interstate team (Tasmania) and the other half with a regional team (North Ballarat). That has now fallen over, and the Kangaroos have no idea where their non-senior players will be playing next year each weekend.

The Kangaroos as a club are now down and out, and it looks likely they will have to leave the State or go out of existence.

Had there been a visionary Board, to complement the visionary President, the club would probably not be in its current predicament.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Our membership will be 50,000 in 5 years time if we move to Casey.
How did you arrive at that figure?

Just because we may move to a growth centre does not automatically transcend into people taking out memberships out of convenience.

imo of course......
I agree with you ... but I like pulling nice round figures out of the air for the sake of an argument :) :wink:

Seriously though ... in 5 years time, I would expect us to have close to 40,000 members if the status quo remains.

Moving to an area of several hundred thousand people, it is not beyond reason to suggest that 10k of those would be encouraged to follow the Saints, and can be involved in the club through training, the local community and the Scorpions.

If we want to remain a Melbourne club for the next 30 years, then moving to Casey is a guaranteed way of ensuring our survival.

Remaining at Moorabbin makes us less secure.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

On a personal level that'd be great because I am 10mins down the road from the fields. Logically it would be good in terms of members as there are a heap of young families out this way and it's growing to the buggery.

What are the bad effects?

Carpe Diem
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Huge market.

More people there than on the Gold Coast.

Why??

The games in Melbourne will be at Docklands or MCG......not Casey..

Where we train is basically irrelevant to most fans....important to players as they have to be there upto twice a day...but largely unimportant to the vast majority of fans who do not attend training regularly or at all.

For example how many Hawks fans flood to their new Waverley home??? Very few I would imagine. Have any new fans joined because of this??? I would suspect very few.

There may be some minor benefit from some thinking of them as a "local" team...but what counts is where the game is played.

Comparing it to the Gold Coast is not really valid.....as there is a more long potential to secure people who currently do not yet have an AFL tea. eheras the vast majority of people in the Casey region who like AFL will already "have' a team they follow.

Lets face it Moorabbin is only really important to many because many of us watched the Saints play many games there.

What really matters is that the players get first class training facilities at alocation conventient to them.

(((Note that pokie venues or social venues are different......))))[/b]

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....