Congrats caseyscorp. Your Saints dream is coming true

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough - I can understand where you're coming from.

Just hold a different opinion.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Personally I don't care where in Melbourne we move too, as long as the club is finally getting access to state of the art fatalities.
DSG I'm a little concerned by your wishes after this statement :shock:

asiu

nice pickup

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
or maybe learning to drive a car and getting a licence or, Now this is a big one OWNING your own car..

Gee it just maybe possible :idea:
What, I say What have us Driving Instructors ever done wrong by you :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Several abusive posts have been removed from this thread

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

gosaintas wrote:Cranbourne is an absolute dump. Gold Coast would be a great idea. 11 games there, 7 at the dome and 4 interstate. Virtually guarenteed survival and regular finals.

How anyone believes we could move to the freakfest in Cranny is beyond me. Neither the players or the management would seriously consider it.

How does go and Get F***** sound to you

(sorry mods but this is getting beyond a joke)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I've deleted that post DSG - it was offensive.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Several abusive posts have been removed from this thread
correct call

Perhaps in future, mods could detail who the abusive posts were made by so that there is no confusion :idea:

for the record, my posts were not removed

for the record, I did not respond to the abuse

if others seek to lower the standards of this place, I will not be a party to this,

please can we all just stick to discussing all things St.Kilda and Grant Thomas

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Beekay
SS Life Member

Why would you play Fergus Watts and Allan Murray in round one over at Subi?

The Peanut
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: ... please can we all just stick to discussing all things St.Kilda and Grant Thomas
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
saint66au wrote:Several abusive posts have been removed from this thread
correct call

Perhaps in future, mods could detail who the abusive posts were made by so that there is no confusion :idea:

for the record, my posts were not removed

for the record, I did not respond to the abuse

for the record, i'm fond of making inflammatory statements just to see if I can get some posters fired up

for the record, I can then stand back take the high moral ground and say I didn't abuse anyone

for the record, I'm FAIR DINKUM lower than a dead dingo's donger

if others seek to lower the standards of this place, I will not be a party to this, but will happily throw petrol on any fire

please can we all just stick to discussing all things St.Kilda and Grant Thomas
Confession is good for the soul B4.

casey scorp
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:In fact 5 years ago the Kangaroos looked exactly at that question - moving to Casey Fields and having an alignment with a yet to be determined (at that time) VFL club playing matches from the then to be developed Casey Fields. It was strongly supported by a visionary President, but not by a short-sighted Board.

Instead the Kangaroos decided to focus on an inner Melbourne location, and ended up with a split VFL arrangement. It has been an unmitigated disaster.

The VFL arrangements have been hopeless, firstly with Port Melbourne which fizzled out and then with half the players having to play with an interstate team (Tasmania) and the other half with a regional team (North Ballarat). That has now fallen over, and the Kangaroos have no idea where their non-senior players will be playing next year each weekend.

The Kangaroos as a club are now down and out, and it looks likely they will have to leave the State or go out of existence.

Had there been a visionary Board, to complement the visionary President, the club would probably not be in its current predicament.
The visionary President of 5 years ago I referred to in that previous post was of course Allen Aylett. In today's papers he is calling for the Kangaroos to move to the Gold Coast. The Kangaroos Board didn't pay attention to him 5 years ago, and look at their condition today - hopefully they'll pay attention to him this time.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Where did you find that out casey scorp - don't remember it being reported at the time?

Very interesting if true ... if the Kangaroos had gone there, they would have had 30k members by now IMO and a secure future in Melbourne, and the Saints would be slowly being squeezed out ...

casey scorp
Club Player

I was at a NM President's lunch at the time when Allen Aylett was hot gospelling Casey Fields and the City of Casey as a location of the future.

There was also some reporting at the time in the local papers about a partnership between the City of Casey and the Kangaroos, but it all eventually petered out - the Casey Kangaroos had a real ring to it.

Although not a reason for relocation, it had some emotional appeal to some at the Kangaroos because of the link to the name Ron Casey (the North President through the 1990's who was coincidentally inducted into the Kangaroo's Hall of Fame at around the same time in July 2002).

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Anyone here that Scorps captain Nigel Carmody signed with the pies VFL team? could be mistaken.

Carpe Diem
casey scorp
Club Player

Unfortunately, that is the case. Speculation is that it related to the coach, Peter Banfield, leaving.

Peter was a part time coach (he was also a phys ed teacher), and the Scorps (either at the instigation of the Saints, or the Scorps' own initiative - not sure which, it's a bit cloudy) wanted to make the position fulltime. The club advertised the full time job.

Peter's contract was up at the end of the 2007 season, and he chose to not pursue the advertised position.

There has been fall-out at the club over the matter, but at the end of the day the Scorps are advancing to having a full-time professional coach and that is what is needed.