St Kilda List as at 31st Oct 2007

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda List as at 31st Oct 2007

ST KILDA
1. Allen, Jarryd
2. Armitage, David
3. Baker, Steven
4. Ball, Luke
5. Birss, Shane
6. Blake, Jason
7. Clarke, Raphael
8. Clarke, Xavier
9. Dal Santo, Nick
10. Dempster, Sean
11. Ferguson, Matthew
12. Fiora, Aaron
13. Fisher, Leigh
14. Fisher, Sam
15. Gardiner, Charlie
16. Gardiner, Michael
17. Geary, Jarryn
18. Gilbert, Sam
19. Goddard, Brendon
20. Gram, Jason
21. Gwilt, James
22. Harvey, Robert (veteran – inside list)
23. Hayes, Lenny
24. Howard, Brad
25. Hudghton, Max (veteran – inside list)
26. Jones, Clinton
27. King, Steven
28. Koschitzke, Justin
29. Maguire, Matt
30. Milne, Stephen
31. Montagna, Leigh
32. Riewoldt, Nick
33. Rix, Michael
34. Schneider, Adam
Rookie List
1. Attard, Jayden
2. Eddy, Robert
3. van Rheenen, Luke
Scholarship List
1. Haretuku, Khan

ADDITIONS:
Father/son selection: –
Exchange period – received: Sean Dempster (Sydney), Charlie Gardiner (Geelong), Steven King (Geelong), Adam Schneider (Sydney)
Rookie elevation: Jarryn Geary, Clinton Jones
Scholarship elevation: –
NAB AFL Draft:
NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft:
NAB AFL Rookie Draft:

DELETIONS:
Retired: Matthew Clarke, Fraser Gehrig, Aaron Hamill, Andrew Thompson, Brett Voss
Exchange period – traded: –
Delisted: Barry Brooks, Andrew McQualter, Phil Raymond, Justin Sweeney, Fergus Watts, James Wall (rookie)

http://www.afl.com.au/Default.aspx?tabi ... wsId=52893
Last edited by saintbrat on Wed 31 Oct 2007 7:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Its seriously like we finished last, last season...and are rebuilding.

midas_touch
Club Player

Mini got delisted, when did this happen? :shock:. It really has been a huge cleanout this year. We have literally turned over 1/4 of our list.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

midas_touch wrote:Mini got delisted, when did this happen? :shock:. It really has been a huge cleanout this year. We have literally turned over 1/4 of our list.

Bye Window. :cry:

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:Its seriously like we finished last, last season...and are rebuilding.
None of the delisted players, retirees aside, played any games in the second half of the season. None of them are a big surprise. We had to make room for the incoming players, all of whom have done more than the outgoing players (again, excluding retirees).

We've only got space for three draft picks. We're hardly rebuilding.

RooandKosi
Club Player

Window closed??? give me a break we just drafted 3 premiership players.

SAhould have 2 all australian ruckman next year. Kosi at Full forward!!

Maguire, Hayes, Clarke bros will be fit unlike last year.

All players familar moreso with RLs plan and the fitness that is required.

Only loss over trading period is Fraser Gehrig. But with King and Schneider and Gardiner (who is basically new) allows even a BETTER full forward to go FORWARD. Everyone here is not going to believe how good Kosi will be next year!

If ya not on board piss off yeah??

2008 a flag for the saints!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote:Window closed??? give me a break we just drafted 3 premiership players.

SAhould have 2 all australian ruckman next year. Kosi at Full forward!!

Maguire, Hayes, Clarke bros will be fit unlike last year.

All players familar moreso with RLs plan and the fitness that is required.

Only loss over trading period is Fraser Gehrig. But with King and Schneider and Gardiner (who is basically new) allows even a BETTER full forward to go FORWARD. Everyone here is not going to believe how good Kosi will be next year!

If ya not on board piss off yeah??

2008 a flag for the saints!!!
Very unrealistic with the amount of changes this year. Its basically a new team....And will take time. 10 changes is a hell of a lot for any team, especially one that just missed the finals.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The article below is ayear old....so he most likey is taller than 196cm now..I wonder how tall he is now???....RL did say that we were looking to grow our own ruckman.

Source: Southern Courier Author: Paul Haigh Posted: Thu 16 Nov, 2006

Khan Haretuku, a 196 centimetre forward or ruckman, is on the verge of the big time.

As the holder of a much sought-after AFL scholarship, he may soon be considered for possible national draft selection, if all goes to plan.

In the meantime he will attend a series of intensive training camps during school holidays in Melbourne as part of the scholarship requirements. But first things first.

The well spoken Mascot boy is not looking too far ahead - preferring to see where destiny takes him - and has the support and guiding hand of his parents, dad Tau and mother Jennifer.

Khan, 16, is a Year 11 student at Marist Brothers, Pagewood.

"It's a good opportunity to gain the scholarship," Khan said. "I love playing AFL; it is my true passion.

"I have been playing AFL for three years, as I also played rugby league and rugby union. I enjoyed all three sports, but my preference is now for AFL."

Khan, who plays for University of NSW/Eastern Bulldogs in the Sydney AFL second-grade team, caught the eye of the AFL recruitment people from St Kilda for his height, skill and athleticism at the recent AFL talent camp at St Ignatius College.

St Kilda's Sydney recruitment man, Danny Ryan, approached Khan and his parents about his playing future.

"St Kilda has been very professional with the way they have handled the whole process with Khan," Mr Haretuku said.

Khan said he was determined to complete his HSC next year and was also looking at TAFE study in vocational areas such as PE teaching and sports-related studies.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:"I have been playing AFL for three years
This annoys me. Damn NSWelshmen.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Very unrealistic with the amount of changes this year
. Its basically a new team....And will take time. 10 changes is a hell of a lot for any team, especially one that just missed the finals.
Why???

GTrain is the only real loss from the players who actually played in 2007.

So to my way of thinking we have a better list....with two players in Schneider and King to offset the one real loss in GTrain.

Voss and thommo were both past in...and Hamill while a star has not really been part of the team for a while.

Charlie and Dempster may not be 'first 22' players,,,,but as a minimum they will give us some depth and both have an upside of being good bottom six players.

Geary and Armo should both being pushing up for some senior footy in 2008....so to my mind our list is looking healthy and better balanced than it did in 2007.

Now yes there area lot of new players at the club........but as mentioned above we have not really lost a lot from 2007.

The large number will however help to reinforce that we have a new coach and some like Fiora will step and thrive.

RL cam in and hada while to assess the saints list...and by mid-season he had obviously put a line througha few names...and quite rightly so.

Personally I am very pleased to see that there is great emphasis now in BUILDING a team...with active list management addressing our areas of weakness.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dascman
Club Player

When was McQualter officially delisted? I thought he survived due to having another year on his contract?

Batnoe

Extremely happy with our list at this point with draft and pre season to go

The players we got rid of only played a handful of games between them this year.

Retirements are all big, but our inclusions and players coming back from injury will cover this. Hamill didn't play this year (no loss)

Gehrig is our only real loss, Voss was on his way out and Thommo only played as a pinch hit player any way and can be covered. Our window was always gone in 07 as we had a new coach and it always takes time for a new coach to stamp his authority and players to learn their game plan

The players we have received, 3 are premiership players and 2 already knows Ross game plan, plus our current list of players will be better off with last year as a learning curve

As i said before the the players that we delistied have been on our list for too long are taking too much space, good move if they couldn't get a game prior they were never going to get one. Our list looks thin at this point as we dont have the full 4 draft picks in there anway. however if we had Watts, Brooks, McQualter, Raymond on list still we would look worse going into 09 than we would in 08 as the current group would then be a year older

Matt Ferguson will obviously have a roll next year (maybe Roberts-Thomson, Ted Richards esque)

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
midas_touch wrote:Mini got delisted, when did this happen? :shock:. It really has been a huge cleanout this year. We have literally turned over 1/4 of our list.

Bye Window. :cry:
Oh no, a bloke that's played 5 games in 2 years has been delisted, we are gone......

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought we had four positions to fill before McQualter was delisted?

my les foote
Club Player

dascman wrote:When was McQualter officially delisted? I thought he survived due to having another year on his contract?
They were all officially delisted at 2PM on October 31st.

Win it for HIM!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So this looks like three at the National Draft and one at the PSD?

Or possibly 3 youngens and a recycled (like Ferg last year)?

Three rookies to choose as well. Attard will not play, Van Reehnan wouldn't get elevated as yet (if there are long term injuries).

I wonder if RL will go for a couple of raw rookies and an experienced player delisted (like Attard for example) or an older player from the SANFL or WAFL (A Jones for example) for insurance in case of any LTI's?

Will be interesting.

What i can see though is that the Saints seem well placed going into the drafts, with plenty of options and scope to make the list have more flexibility and depth.

Always the optimist :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Looking good for next year IMO.

It is poor list management if a club has to turn over basically 25% of it's list in one year.

However, due to a cumulative set of factors, it had to be done. RL has made the necessary calls and basically given us a fresh start.

That's a solid group being assembled though ... will be a nice mix of experience, strength through the middle group and some good kids coming in underneath.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.