Unban me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
killa_gram wrote:Just let the poor kid back in for god's sake. If you the mods, have a problem with his English, then send him a message and tell him, he's back conditional to him using proper English.
Maybe they did and he refused, hence the banning.

In my SS experience, people don't get banned out of the blue, there must be a reason homework isn't allowed on anymore.
Mods aren't allowed to ban posters, contrary to forum myth.

And yes, I warned homework several times via PM to write in English, but he blatantly refused.

He then went on to post even more rubbish in whatever language he speaks.

I'd warn him, tell him to stop, then he'd PM back with an apoloigy saying he'd never do it again (or words to that effect) and then would do exactly what I asked him not to do an hour later.

I've certainly lost no sleep over his banning and really, it doesn't worry me too much.

Is it just me, or has the forum picked up its quality a little recently...?

OWTS hasn't needed to lock a thread in ages. I reckon that's great.
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 31 Oct 2007 2:00pm, edited 2 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I can hear the violins now. Poor disadvantaged kid can't read or write coherantly at 14. Give me a break. :roll:

I read that sort of butchering of our language all the time, I believe it is called txt speak or something similar. Its also pretty insulting, not to mention nonsensical.

I know I misspell words and am known to be grammatically incorrect at times, but at least I don't do it on purpose.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
riccardo wrote:
killa_gram wrote:Just let the poor kid back in for god's sake. If you the mods, have a problem with his English, then send him a message and tell him, he's back conditional to him using proper English.

In my SS experience, people don't get banned out of the blue, there must be a reason homework isn't allowed on anymore.

And yes, I warned homework several times via PM to write in English, but he blatantly refused.

I've certainly lost no sleep over his banning and really, it doesn't worry me too much.
Great, thanks for clearing this up evertonfc. I knew there was a reason.

My above is not directed at you, obviously. :)

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Prophets of doom :lol:

I'm sure it wont be the first one to land on your shoulder in tears you'll be right you two chin up :wink:

RL doesnt drop any players because there all that good in your opinion :?

Sorry SS could you please spell check all my posts for me, thanks i want that gold star and smiley face by the end of the week :roll:
No he drops them for a reason and who am I to judge. Just crawl back under your rock and we will see you when the Burras are in the finals again. :D

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:And yes, I warned homework several times via PM to write in English, but he blatantly refused.

Is it just me, or has the forum picked up it's quality a little recently...?
Oh my.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:I can hear the violins now. Poor disadvantaged kid can't read or write coherantly at 14. Give me a break. :roll:

I read that sort of butchering of our language all the time, I believe it is called txt speak or something similar. Its also pretty insulting, not to mention nonsensical.

I know I misspell words and am known to be grammatically incorrect at times, but at least I don't do it on purpose.
Bravo Ric!

We may disagree on Ben Cousins, but on this you deserve a standing ovation.

Great post...I couldn't agree more.
Riewoldting wrote:
evertonfc wrote:And yes, I warned homework several times via PM to write in English, but he blatantly refused.

Oh my.
Corrected :)

Nice spotting, Riewoldting. Apologies for the slip.
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 31 Oct 2007 2:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne

evertonfc wrote:
riccardo wrote:

I'd warn him, tell him to stop, then he'd PM back with an apoloigy saying he'd never do it again (or words to that effect) and then would do exactly what I asked him not to do an hour later.

OWTS hasn't needed to lock a thread in ages. I reckon that's great.
Sheesh!

If we banned everyone on the quality of their posts, it would be a bloody empty forum.

Let him post in Swahili if he wants to, we don't have to read it if we don't want to.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:Let him post in Swahili if he wants to, we don't have to read it if we don't want to.
Ah, but you don't know you don't want to read it until you have read it. :wink:

asiu

hope the warnings were sent in 'text talk'

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:hope the warnings were sent in 'text talk'
When the hell did you develop this comedic edge?

I like it :D

asiu

its only taken six years ....goodonya

:)

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:
CURLY wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:homey isn't even around that often, the only problem is when he/she is they seems to post 80 times a day, use one line responses which are barely readable because it is spoken in another language.

Our education system has failed poor homey, i know at 14 i had no dramas spelling, reading or writing convincingly.
Dont read it then simple.
concur I take no offence at homeworks posts.
how do you not read something when he posts in every thread and replies to every post made when he had a day off kinder..i don't think homework should be banned but its very annoying.

Also i have received pm's from homo in the past asking mne stupid questions like this:

hey dose tht guay beekay hav the sam avartara as me cos i fink he is copiing me?

and: why is evry1 so mean 2 me, i hav an opion 2.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
GrumpyOne

Riewoldting wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Let him post in Swahili if he wants to, we don't have to read it if we don't want to.
But you know when you do that you don't and when you don't do what you do or don't do you either do or don't do what you do or don't do that which you do or don't do that which you don't do anyway. :wink:

bob__71
Club Player

Everton and Ric you guys really are pretty pompous about this whole internet forum thing. At least Homey seems to be a nice bloke.

Can we get people banned for being "boring self righteous gits" aswell?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:Everton and Ric you guys really are pretty pompous about this whole internet forum thing. At least Homey seems to be a nice bloke.

Can we get people banned for being "boring self righteous gits" aswell?
Eugh, the very reason I wasn't tempted to post in this thread with my opinion...

:roll:

Yes, we're evil. Let me fetch my broomstick. Damn - my ego is so big, I can't fit on it anymore.

FAIR DINKUM

:wink:
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 31 Oct 2007 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob__71
Club Player

I didnt say you were evil....you just dont seem to hide how up yourself you are at all

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
Riewoldting wrote:
But you know when you do that you don't and when you don't do what you do or don't do you either do or don't do what you do or don't do that which you do or don't do that which you don't do anyway. :wink:

GrumpyOne

bob__71 wrote:I didnt say you were evil....you just dont seem to hide how up yourself you are at all
Not up himself at all, the broomstick he rode in on is already up there.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:I didnt say you were evil....you just dont seem to hide how up yourself you are at all
So, you're having a go at me for being 'up myself'?

Uh huh. Now I've heard it all.

I'll remember to be less 'up myself' when I post in the future. I'll also PM 3/4 of the forum to follow your instructions.

(Even though you posting that is the most up-oneself thing I've seen in the thread...incredible...but anyway...)

bob__71
Club Player

OK....I'm easy....Sorry If I hit a raw nerve....carry on

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Sheesh guys, calm down.

I wish everyone would get this worked up over the Iraq war or the state of the federation or something similar - then we might make some real progress in Australia.

homework was a member of this forum for quite a while. As is the case with all Saints fans, he is welcome to jump on here and express his opinions.

The ability to express yourself coherently is NOT a pre-requisite for posting on SS, but you must also be able to communicate in a way that allows others to understand you.

There's no use posting if no-one understands what you are saying. It's harmless, but many find it annoying.

I believe the reason he was banned was a propensity for starting numerous threads in a short space of time, each of which contained fairly brief posts that were somewhat unintelligible.

There were a number of complaints about his posting behaviour, regarding his use of language and the frequency of his threads, which often contained few points of discussion.

He was warned half a dozen times about reducing the number of threads he started, and to no avail. Nor did he attempt to word his posts in a more readable manner.

I will speak to HD and we can probably un-ban him ... so don't get worked up.

I'm sure homework will change his ways and can express his love for the Saints.

But he also has to realise that you must ensure you are abiding by the expectations of others who read this forum when posting.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Richter
SS Life Member

I've supported you before Ev on grammar and spelling on the forum, but I can't help feeling a bit sorry for young Homey. He does seem to genuinely be a bit slow on the uptake. Perhaps another chance soon for the little tyke?

EDIT: written whilst OWTS writing his post. Cheers.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Oh When the Saints wrote:I wish everyone would get this worked up over the Iraq war or the state of the federation or something similar - then we might make some real progress in Australia.
Bwahahahaha and some people reckon evertonfc and riccardo are pompous :wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:I've supported you before Ev on grammar and spelling on the forum, but I can't help feeling a bit sorry for young Homey. He does seem to genuinely be a bit slow on the uptake. Perhaps another chance soon for the little tyke?
He'll get his chance again soon, but I just hope he makes an effort - he just promised he would so many times, and then never really tried.

I think the mods on this forum are pretty relaxed most of the time with such things, but, delibrately or not, he just ignored our requests.

Like I say, I'm sure he'll be back but it's only fair he makes an effort to post in English - not SMS language.

(...and refrains from starting pointless new threads, refrains from pointless PMs to everyone, refrains from complaining everytime he gets challenged, etc...and then we could all get along :) )

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

My personal view is that as long as he keeps the thread starting to a minimum, he should be allowed to post ...

Riewoldting wrote:Bwahahahaha and some people reckon evertonfc and riccardo are pompous :wink:
8-)

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.