PSD - Cousins??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Should St Kilda take Ben Cousins in the pre-season draft?

Yes
48%
No
40%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 91

buzfromgronggrong

Dan Warna wrote:
OLB wrote:With Cousins I have to admit that I'm blinded by his ability on the field and I would be all over it if we could somehow pick him up.

I didn't want Gardiner because of his antics off the field but Cousins is a totally different class of footballer and you know he would take us to another level. Just thinking about him running around in our colours alongside Hayes, Ball, Dal, Joey and Banger is mouthwatering.

If we were to take a risk, which is exactly what it will be, I wouldn't complain.

As they say, one must speculate to accumulate and in Banger's final year, I say why not?
so your moral values depends on teh quality of the player :roll:

'the end justifies the means'?

why not just give drugs to all the saints players and dare the AFL to stop us :roll:
Why not indeed?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:These are my priorities when it comes to the St Kilda Football Club:

1. Premiership
2. Premiership
3. Culture
Sensational post.

We can always change our culture, but we can't make Clinton Jones into Ben Cousins, even though he's probably a better bloke.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:We can always change our culture, but we can't make Clinton Jones into Ben Cousins, even though he's probably a better bloke.
Of course he is.

CJ's a South Fremantle boy, Cousins is Old Easts.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cant remember if I posted on this thread or not and cant be bothered looking, so here goes.

Ben Cousins - in a heartbeat.

Round 21 2007 is all I have to say.

Forget the off field stuff. Like his old mate Gardiner, one foot wrong and gawn.

And it wouldn't be our fault, already was a druggie before the Saints. If he stays clean and a new environment away from WA he could even turn his life about.

Isn't that just as important.

Please let us draft Cousins.

That would make
Cousins
King
Schneider

plus Dempster and Charlie Gardiner

with a fit Micheal Gardiner, a freed up Kosi, a roaming Roo, and the pressure off Dal, Bally and Joey with Cousins there to help.

Oh s.hite I salivate at the prospect. :D :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Cant remember if I posted on this thread or not and cant be bothered looking, so here goes.

Forget the off field stuff. Like his old mate Gardiner, one foot wrong and gawn.

And it wouldn't be our fault, already was a druggie before the Saints. If he stays clean and a new environment away from WA he could even turn his life about.

That would make
Cousins
King
Schneider

with a fit Micheal Gardiner, a freed up Kosi, a roaming Roo, and the pressure off Dal, Bally and Joey with Cousins there to help.

i think its a superb job from our management to get both king and schnieder in the same year we signed roo, dal, kosi and sam fish who obviously command a fair bit of coin

but in short...get cousins

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Apu
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Apu wrote:The guy has been given the best treatment money can buy. If that wasnt enough for him to get clean i'm not sure there is anything we could do for him.

No for me
Well not really correct...as yes it was expensive.......but it was not LONG enough.

WC just paid for the MINIMUM to allow him to play....not to really treat him.

He should have been treated fora lot longer than the 6 weeks odd that he had.
The 6 weeks were just to initially get him clean. He was still getting rehab treatment as an out-patient even while in perth.
My point is that on top of the top quality treatment he knew he was given a lifeline by the club, and yet he still pissed it up the wall.

However that aside, the biggest issue i have with drafting cousins is the message it sends to the rest of the team:
If you are a good enough player you will be allowed to get away with anything and still be given a second (and third and fourth) chance.

Apu wrote:[
My point is that on top of the top quality treatment he knew he was given a lifeline by the club, and yet he still pissed it up the wall.

However that aside, the biggest issue i have with drafting cousins is the message it sends to the rest of the team:
If you are a good enough player you will be allowed to get away with anything and still be given a second (and third and fourth) chance.
Completely agree with that Apu. What message does it send to the rest of the playing group?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Cant remember if I posted on this thread or not and cant be bothered looking, so here goes.

That would make
Cousins
King
Schneider

I can't believe how eagerly I'd await 2008 if we had Ben on board.

Add the above players from trade week, throw in Cousins, maybe Clayton Collard, development in our younger players...Ball, Harvey, Max, Kosi, NDS, Goddard, X Clarke and Hayes all injury free...

It would be unbelievably exciting. Just like 2003-04 all over again.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

That would make
Cousins
King
Schneider

My antipathy towards Cousins and strong belief that we should stay miles away from him aside, it's all just hot air anyway about drafting Cousins. There's 7 clubs in front of us in the PSD and if he's available, I'd bet my house on him being taken before #8.