Watts, Rix and Brooks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Barney2
Club Player

Watts, Rix and Brooks

All this innuendo about these players gone. Simple yes or no please. No press release yet, so where is this info coming from?
Watts deserves to get his body right and Brookes be given more of a chance. Rix in trouble I think because we got King
Please give me fact, not if's or maybes.
Last edited by Barney2 on Sun 14 Oct 2007 12:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

what you couldn't put this in the other 2 or 3 threads on the site..the "innuendo" has come from a very reliable source, but obviously hasn't been made offical by the club yet.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Barney2 wrote:Brookes be given more of a chance.
if anyone on our current list goes and brooks stays then ill be mighty peeved

apple_corr39
Club Player

Re: Watts, Rix and Brooks

Barney2 wrote:All this innuendo about these players gone. Simple yes or no please. No press release yet, so where is this info coming from?
Watts deserves to get his body right and Brookes be given more of a chance. Rix in trouble I think because we got King
Please give me fact, not if's or maybes.
brooks has had 6 YEARS of chances..... enough is enough.

rixxy must stay, because if both gardy and king remain in their injury-proned states and kosi goes forward, i believe he is more value than brooks in the ruck.

yes, brooks may have a ton of talent, but if he's not applying it, then what's the use in keeping him???? :shock:

watts most definitely deserves another chance.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

brooks having talent is the biggest footballing myth ever, besides lance shitnall having a footy brain

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

apple_corr39 wrote:

Please explain just why you think that Watts "most definitely" deserves another chance???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Back to the original post,

WHERE'S THE CONFIRMATION???

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
apple_corr39 wrote:

Please explain just why you think that Watts "most definitely" deserves another chance???
i reckon he deserves another shot:

A) Because he has recently had a serious leg injury which took him a while to get back from. This will be his first complete pre-season since the injury.

B) He was recruited to replace Gehrig. What do you know, Gehrig retires so we delist his replacement.

C) Only given one game, very early at StKilda.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i'd delist rix and get games into a youngster... any1

kalsaint
Club Player

skeptic wrote:i'd delist rix and get games into a youngster... any1
I'm with you Skeptic on Rix. He does try but effort does not match others at this level. He also doesn't create enough around the ground. I hold the same thought about Blake too.

I haven't seen or heard too much about Brooks and/or Watts.
Watts obviously has not have much opportunity due to injury but when I saw him at SUBIACO 2 or 3 years ago he looked very slow and out of sorts. WCE ran the ball out of defence way too easily whe nthe ball was punched away from him.

I must admit only seeing one game with Brooks where he was woeful and had no heart. Has this changed? Is he a potential forward at any stage of his career? Is he accurate enough in front of goal? I dont know but based on the games I've seen they have been not very good.
Is this typical f their games or have they simply been not picked due to others listed being better (ie Kosi, Fraser etc).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
skeptic wrote:i'd delist rix and get games into a youngster... any1
I'm with you Skeptic on Rix. He does try but effort does not match others at this level. He also doesn't create enough around the ground. I hold the same thought about Blake too.

I haven't seen or heard too much about Brooks and/or Watts.
Watts obviously has not have much opportunity due to injury but when I saw him at SUBIACO 2 or 3 years ago he looked very slow and out of sorts. WCE ran the ball out of defence way too easily whe nthe ball was punched away from him.

I must admit only seeing one game with Brooks where he was woeful and had no heart. Has this changed? Is he a potential forward at any stage of his career? Is he accurate enough in front of goal? I dont know but based on the games I've seen they have been not very good.
Is this typical f their games or have they simply been not picked due to others listed being better (ie Kosi, Fraser etc).
lets be honest that one game we saw Watts play at subi was round 1 so a few players looked slow and out of sorts that night

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

IMO 08 will be a test of the team we are building and RL.

we had a year of 'we are learning a new game plan'

we now recruited a bunch middle rung players who basically had limited or no futures at the existing clubs.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Unless Im mistaken, Rix was never mentioned in the original "rumour". Twas Brooks, Watts and McQualter...and Sheldon

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

SaintBot wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
apple_corr39 wrote:

A) Because he has recently had a serious leg injury which took him a while to get back from. This will be his first complete pre-season since the injury.

B) He was recruited to replace Gehrig. What do you know, Gehrig retires so we delist his replacement.

You cant ask why he deserves another chance when he hasnt been given one in the first place, agreed saintbot

Before Im 85
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:
SaintBot wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
apple_corr39 wrote:

You cant ask why he deserves another chance when he hasnt been given one in the first place, agreed saintbot
Well, I tend to disagree.......

IMO you have to play consistently well in the 2's to "deserve" a chance...

This, IMO he has not done.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Watts will be given another chance, it would just be stupid not to, he hasn;t been fully fit while at St.Kilda apart from one game...
Rix will not go anywhere, he jsut signed for 3 years didn't he? and as far as I was aware he pretty much plays for peanuts...
McQualter and Brooks should be gone, they've had long enough and still haven't done anything....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!