Leigh Fisher

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Leigh Fisher

So what's happened??? Have we retained him? His name hasn't come up as going anywhere???

Personally I like his work rate and would be sad to see him go, but I realize you can't get too precious about players in this day and age (shame about that)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Leigh Fisher

St. Luke wrote:but I realize you can't get too precious about players in this day and age (shame about that)
And fair enough too. We're all here for the same reason and one reason only - to see our club win a flag, so if a player can't help us achieve that goal then unfortunately sentiment should be thrown out the window.

Footballers will come and go and supporters will continue to support the club long after they're gone.

Fish reportedly failed a medical so he stays a Saint.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Leigh Fisher

OLB wrote: Fish reportedly failed a medical so he stays a Saint.
That was total crap, he never once met Sydney for a fitness test

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://saints.com.au/Season2007/News/Ne ... wsId=52450

St Kilda Football Club has concluded its activity in the AFL Trade Week, with the Club today
confirming it has acquired four new players.

In relation to discussions involving Leigh Fisher as a possible trade to Sydney, the Club would like
to clarify that the Swans did show interest in Leigh, however at no stage did he fly to Sydney nor did he meet with their medical staff in person.

While Leigh was considered an option to the Swans, St Kilda is extremely satisfied to have retained the young backman / midfielder.

“Leigh is both a quality player and person and the Club is very pleased to have been able to retain
himâ€

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Well, I'm glad. Nothing puts a rocket up a player more than the threat or possibility of being traded. I'd expect we'll see great things from L.Fisher in 08 :D

Thanks for the replies.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Barney2
Club Player

still with us. I think we going for pace now and L fisher not quick. gets the ball and is a getter and works hard. Might struggle as game gets quicker