Sheldon Gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Sheldon Gone

Just confirmed on SEN - statement from Archie Fraser

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

why ?

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Mods, Please lock this thread as 2 others popped up at the same time.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

To be replaced by anyone yet?

Someone like Elshaugh would get the nod from me.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

ohh interesting

Carpe Diem
markinUSA
SS Life Member

SEN just mentioned Danny Frawley as a possibility to take over the position, or Nathan Burke. But these names were just speculation.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:SEN just mentioned Danny Frawley as a possibility to take over the position, or Nathan Burke. But these names were just speculation.

Frawley would be good.

Burke should stick to the board and football comitee.

I can't help but think there are some better options out there thou.

Behind Play
Club Player

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:why ?
Sheldon was a dead man walking, he worked for nylex and once Casey was gone off the board he had no support.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

what did he do wrong? what was wrong with him?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:
Sheldon was a dead man walking, he worked for nylex and once Casey was gone off the board he had no support.
Yes have to agree with that but I am still not sure it is the right decision unless they have someone else already lined up.

Behind Play
Club Player

Plugger, you will find they will have someone in mind, SEN mentioned Danny Frawley. All player contracts are completed, trade week over there is now some breathing space to look for the right person.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

as the above says

why?

Behind Play
Club Player

There are only a few reasons you lose your job. Apart from knocking someone out, sexual abuse or pilfering the main reason is that you cannot do the job.

I think Kenny was in over his head, that is why.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:There are only a few reasons you lose your job. Apart from knocking someone out, sexual abuse or pilfering the main reason is that you cannot do the job.

but why does most people on here believe he was in over his head?

thats what i don't understand. what things did he do wrong?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Behind Play wrote:There are only a few reasons you lose your job. Apart from knocking someone out, sexual abuse or pilfering the main reason is that you cannot do the job.

Im with you Saintly and apart from Bakes at the tribunal he had done well but was a dead man walking it seems once the new board took over.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hope Nathan Burke doesn't get the role. Not because he couldn't do it, I dont know that, but it could lead to speculation and accusations of COI's.

After the way the previous and current board handled the changeover, I wouldn't like to give clowns like Phatprick Smythe and the like any oxygen regarding goings on at board and management level.

Sheldon gone - oh well bad luck Kenny, not the first time you have been sacked at the Saints.

Must be about the third time :shock:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Behind Play
Club Player

saintly wrote:

Jobs for the boys. Contracts took forever to finalise, wrong information given to players attending tribunal hearing.........Baker coping 6 weeks was a joke.
His evidence, which he was instructed to use cost him.
He had no allies left to cover for him.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Sheldon was the only St.Kilda identidy involved with the off field staff. Now there is no Sainst connection. I still dont understand why Jason Cripps had to go.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:
saintly wrote:

Jobs for the boys. Contracts took forever to finalise, wrong information given to players attending tribunal hearing.........Baker coping 6 weeks was a joke.
Contract were all signed so that had no bearing on the decision. It was due to the new board and nothing else.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Yep must have been a board thing, after all, Kenny was a former premiership player, AFL coach, businessman etc who clearly had the creds in dealing with player contracts and player management -thank Ken pity those knives down at Saintland were still out for you.

Behind Play
Club Player

spert wrote:Yep must have been a board thing, after all, Kenny was a former premiership player, AFL coach, businessman etc who clearly had the creds in dealing with player contracts and player management -thank Ken pity those knives down at Saintland were still out for you.
Hey Spert, just because you are an AFL footballer doesn't make you an expert in all fields of football.

Behind Play
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Behind Play wrote:
saintly wrote:

Contract were all signed so that had no bearing on the decision. It was due to the new board and nothing else.
Plugger, you don't get rid of people who are good at their job. Any good business person would know you surround yourself with the best.
What did Pratt say, I only want the best, hence they went and got Swann from Collingwood.
Lets just agree to disagree.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Yep must have been a board thing, after all, Kenny was a former premiership player, AFL coach, businessman etc who clearly had the creds in dealing with player contracts and player management -thank Ken pity those knives down at Saintland were still out for you.
Obviously there are those who believe they can find a better candidate. Thanks for your work kenny, it was a tough year contract.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Obviously there are those who believe they can find a better candidate. Thanks for your work kenny, it was a tough year contract.
Does this make the Robert Shaw rumour look more likely????

Hope so.Think Shaw would be a huge assett to Ross Lyon and the STK.FC in general...

Any menmtion of Shaws name in the corridors??

Davo, Plugger,Behind play,3.16 anyone?? :?

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
Solar wrote:
Does this make the Robert Shaw rumour look more likely????

Hope so.Think Shaw would be a huge assett to Ross Lyon and the STK.FC in general...

Any menmtion of Shaws name in the corridors??

Davo, Plugger,Behind play,3.16 anyone?? :?
got a feeling that he might stay with freo, but would be a steal if we could get him. also have a feeling that we will have someone in that position very soon

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith