Delistings and list management

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bono
Club Player

Delistings and list management

My post from 24/9 is below. The 3 guys I thought should be delisted were yesterday (Brooks, Mini, Watts). Gwilt with a ? wasnt. Raymond and Sweeney had already gone. Its not often you pick up 4 AFL quality players with basically one pick (forget about pick 90), with 3 of those having Premiership experience. Well done Ross and Trout. ***Well done Ross on your final delisting of the day. Trout, the last week has shown that you have the qualities to be a good General Manager - Football***. Ruck-wise, we now have King, Gardiner, Van Rheenan and Rix. Id throw in someone like Dawson Simpson with our last pick next month as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sept 29, 2007

We are now paying the price of poor list management:

This year we had 44 on our list (incl Rookies).

Players retired (5):
M. Clarke
Thompson
Voss
Hamill
Gehrig

Injured for 2008 (1):
Attard

Injured coming back for 2008 (so dont expect full seasons) (2):
Gardiner
Goddard

44-6=36 with another 2 doubtful.

Players that shouldnt be there next season include:
Watts
Brooks
McQualter
Gwilt?
Raymond
Sweeney

That leaves us with 30 and 2 doubtful. Unfortunately we cant go having 12 picks in the draft so we are in a bit of strife for the next couple of years until the Armitage's and Gilberts etc get more games under their belt. Areas like this is where the prvious Coach severely let the club down.

my les foote
Club Player

Re: Delistings and list management

Bono wrote: The 3 guys I thought should be delisted were yesterday (Brooks, Mini, Watts).
Some punctuation might help here.

Are you saying they were delisted yesterday?

Or are they they guys you thought about yesterday as being candidates for delisting?

If it's the first option, that is breaking news.

Win it for HIM!
Bono
Club Player

Sorry, its the first option. After trading finished yesterday, those three were delisted.

my les foote
Club Player

I haven't seen this anywhere else.

What is your source?

Win it for HIM!
Bono
Club Player

No need to reveal the source.

Trust me.

Just remember where you read it first.

:-)
Last edited by Bono on Sat 13 Oct 2007 8:57am, edited 1 time in total.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Bono wrote:No need to reveal the sorce.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Disappointed if Watts has gone... it's pretty hard to cement a senior spot with a busted leg.

I saw the Crows delisted Perrie though... a few KPP for the Dogs in the PSD.

Art Vandelay
Club Player

One thing that everyone should have learnt from visiting footy forums on the web is that most of the speculationa nd inuendo turns out to be false.
It is so easy for some anonymous poster to come on and reveal that a close 'source' linked to club has told him/her something in confidence, only to find out later on that it turns out to be a pile of sh!t.
Until the club makes an official media release regarding any delistings, I will treat the above as speculation only. It may turn out that some/all of these guys actually do get delisted, but blind freddy could npminate these guys - there is nothing there that is earth shattering.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Bono has a perfect track record.

He has broken news here over the last 2-3 years and it has never been wrong.

Who is "Trout" ... Tony Elshaug?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
fisher_fan
Club Player

i dont think we have had poor list management at all...we have possibly the most depth we have had for quite some time. and surely the saints wouldnt delist themselves down to 32 players when now they can only get themselves back up to 37? that would be foolish imo and a professional club in the elite league would not do such a thing....

such is life
Bono
Club Player

[quote="Art Vandelay"]One thing that everyone should have learnt from visiting footy forums on the web is that most of the speculationa nd inuendo turns out to be false.
It is so easy for some anonymous poster to come on and reveal that a close 'source' linked to club has told him/her something in confidence, only to find out later on that it turns out to be a pile of sh!t.
Until the club makes an official media release regarding any delistings, I will treat the above as speculation only. It may turn out that some/all of these guys actually do get delisted, but blind freddy could npminate these guys - there is nothing there that is earth shattering.[/quote]

Why do you read these forums then!?

Trout is Elshaug.

crowjelly
Club Player

[quote="Bono"][quote="Art Vandelay"]One thing that everyone should have learnt from visiting footy forums on the web is that most of the speculationa nd inuendo turns out to be false.
Until the club makes an official media release regarding any delistings, I will treat the above as speculation only. It may turn out that some/all of these guys actually do get delisted, but blind freddy could npminate these guys - there is nothing there that is earth shattering.[/quote]

Why do you read these forums then!?

Trout is Elshaug.[/quote]

Hand in your Avatar Art and spend a $1.40 on the Age. At least you'll be supporting our sponsors. Bono's stuff is the lifeblood of the forums.

I'm loving this - underdogs at 3 to 1, grand final experience in our favor and Pies over confident. Go Saints - I'm loading up!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Christ please tell me we're not still sponsored by The Age.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Scoop
Club Player

Art Vandelay wrote:One thing that everyone should have learnt from visiting footy forums on the web is that most of the speculationa nd inuendo turns out to be false.
Until the club makes an official media release regarding any delistings, I will treat the above as speculation only. It may turn out that some/all of these guys actually do get delisted, but blind freddy could npminate these guys - there is nothing there that is earth shattering.
My you are a doubting Thomas (freudian slip?) Art.

Bono's news aint no pile of sh!t....as you so eloquently put it.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

why would the saints get rid of both brooks and watts? espcially with no gherig on the scene. maybe they would do bett er this year with games into them.