New players creating excitement ... good for club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

New players creating excitement ... good for club

With the veritable feast the Saints have served up to members and supporters after this trade period, there should be some excitement around the club and the brand.

A new board generates a bit of talk, but some decent recruits - especially King and Schneider being high-profile ones - are good for the club's brand.

It will get people talking about St Kilda and in the eyes of many our chances will improve in '08.

The fact that the media are talking up St Kilda's "coup" in trade week will also be great for the club and will attract interest, and create some hope amongst supporters.

If the board can reinforce this with a major sponsorship announcement in the next 3-4 weeks (which I believe is coming), and we nab a decent talent with pick #9, then the club will have some great momentum going into the pre-season.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

well westaway spoke of how he has sponsors already lined up including a major sponsor

things are looking up for us

however i do not expect a magical premiership ala geelong

i want to build a dynasty, a powerhouse

westaway and co are doing this

i am very impressed with my week as a saints supporter...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

3 weeks ago there was a dire feeling about the club we lost a whole heap of experiance there was board room turmiol wild infighting from the fans on what board they supported now we have a bevey of exitement and im just itching for round 1 of the NAB cup
and im sure im not alone

ill be renewing my membership early and pushing hard to get my other saints friends to do so aswell

finally it feels like we are living by our motto 'FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS'

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:well westaway spoke of how he has sponsors already lined up including a major sponsor

things are looking up for us

however i do not expect a magical premiership ala geelong

i want to build a dynasty, a powerhouse

westaway and co are doing this

i am very impressed with my week as a saints supporter...
all in all.......i am far happier today than i was when that other board was still in charge.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:3 weeks ago there was a dire feeling about the club we lost a whole heap of experiance there was board room turmiol wild infighting from the fans on what board they supported now we have a bevey of exitement and im just itching for round 1 of the NAB cup
and im sure im not alone

ill be renewing my membership early and pushing hard to get my other saints friends to do so aswell

finally it feels like we are living by our motto 'FORTIUS QUO FIDELIUS'
yep...things ain't looking too gloomy......

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:yep...things ain't looking too gloomy......
That will upset Poochy

I think its a great day for saints supporters, the best feeling (OFF FIELD) we have had in well over 13 months, a lot of things have happened down at moorabbin and its nice to see the light at the end of tunnel...

Things are looking a lot brighter

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

and now, all we have to do is win games of football.

Too lazy to update my username
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i think a rioli would generate a bit of excitement....or a selwood for that matter.......

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Go SAINTERS

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:and now, all we have to do is win games of football.
lets get em training the house down and a big major sponcer announcement then ill be buzzin

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Same thing happened last year after trade week and PSD.

We were "the same team as '05" with 2 new ruckmen. We were going to be a powerhouse now that our midfielders actually had someone to rove to.

King will be an improvement, as will Schneider, but the reality is that 10 other clubs have young kids coming through which will be better and more experienced in 2008, and our main group are either stagnating or getting older and going backwards.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

lets be honest if gardi hadnt beeen out for the year we wouldnt of looks as bad as we did this year and clarke was always going to be the bandaide just in case gardie didnt come good this year king is coming to the club fit and healthy and we hope eternaly that gardi will come good

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

stinger wrote:i think a rioli would generate a bit of excitement....or a selwood for that matter.......
You seem to be fairly keen on the newest Selwood stinger... From all reports he seems to be a real bash-and-crash type with a bit of polish. Have you seen him play?? If so, what are his pro's and con's and could we expect him to be first 22 next year?

The Saints are coming!
yipper
SS Life Member

Yep, been a good week for Saints - started last Friday night at the B&F when our Captain laid it on the line for his teammates.

Well done Saints - now for some big news on the sponsorship - which is imminent I believe.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
The Mullet
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
stinger wrote:i think a rioli would generate a bit of excitement....or a selwood for that matter.......
You seem to be fairly keen on the newest Selwood stinger... From all reports he seems to be a real bash-and-crash type with a bit of polish. Have you seen him play?? If so, what are his pro's and con's and could we expect him to be first 22 next year?
I've seen him play and didnt think that much of him to be honest.
Certainly not for our number 9 pick, there is heaps of players better than him out there.
In my opinion his name is inflating his price tag.
Should be in the range of 20-40 i think.