The equation as it stands

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

midas_touch
Club Player

The equation as it stands

Retired:
Gehrig
Voss
M Clarke
Thompson
Hamill

Delisted:
Sweeney
Raymond

Acquired:
Dempster
Schneider
King
Gardiner

Picks available:
9, 42, 58(?), 74(?) correct me if I'm wrong

This means we have three vacancies on our list. You'd think we'd use three picks in this draft, and that three rookies would be promoted (Attard, Jones, Geary). This allows us to recruit three rookies to take their place, but it also requires us to delist three players during the process. There are a number of possible delisting candidates which include:

Brooks - Heavily out of favour, and has been on the list for 6 years with very limited oppurtunities. Can't see how this will change.

Ferguson - Too many players playing the same position as Ferguson who are higher on the pecking order than Ferguson. Also has been on the list for 5-6 years.

Watts - Cannot see how he will fit into our forward structure with Kosi at FF and Riewoldt at CHF. Doesnt really fit the mould of a third tall.

Gwilt - Would be stiff to be delisted as he's a handy backup defender, but is not KP material.

Rix - Will depend on whether we want to fast track Van Rheenan, and/or bank on having Gardiner and King both fit and firing by the start of next season. Is a handy backup ruckman, but nothing more.

Feel free to discuss who you would prefer to be delisted, and also to suggest any others you think would be up for delisting.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

delist: brooks

elevate: jones (even though geary, attard, eddy are all better choices - especially the first two)

draft: pick 9, pick 42, pick 58

i think thats correct?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The equation as it stands

midas_touch wrote:Retired:
Gehrig
Voss
M Clarke
Thompson
Hamill

Delisted:
Sweeney
Raymond

Acquired:
Dempster
Schneider
King
Gardiner

Picks available:
9, 42, 58(?), 74(?) correct me if I'm wrong

This means we have three vacancies on our list. You'd think we'd use three picks in this draft, and that three rookies would be promoted (Attard, Jones, Geary). This allows us to recruit three rookies to take their place, but it also requires us to delist three players during the process. There are a number of possible delisting candidates which include:

Brooks - Heavily out of favour, and has been on the list for 6 years with very limited oppurtunities. Can't see how this will change.

Ferguson - Too many players playing the same position as Ferguson who are higher on the pecking order than Ferguson. Also has been on the list for 5-6 years.

Watts - Cannot see how he will fit into our forward structure with Kosi at FF and Riewoldt at CHF. Doesnt really fit the mould of a third tall.

Gwilt - Would be stiff to be delisted as he's a handy backup defender, but is not KP material.

Rix - Will depend on whether we want to fast track Van Rheenan, and/or bank on having Gardiner and King both fit and firing by the start of next season. Is a handy backup ruckman, but nothing more.

Feel free to discuss who you would prefer to be delisted, and also to suggest any others you think would be up for delisting.
I have said this a few times but Attard will not be promoted and ferg got a contract this week. Jimmy has a contract so he is safe. Brooks will be delisted IMO and Watts or Rix may be in trouble.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Ferg does look to be in a bit of strife

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Ferg does look to be in a bit of strife
He got a contract this week.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
How does Ferguson escape the intense scrutiny that Brooks is under around here? He's been on our list just as long and has played the exact same number of games. It seems to me the only thing he's got going for him is he didn't cost us two good draft picks, just a good one and a bad one.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
How does Ferguson escape the intense scrutiny that Brooks is under around here? He's been on our list just as long and has played the exact same number of games. It seems to me the only thing he's got going for him is he didn't cost us two good draft picks, just a good one and a bad one.
ferg got delisted and i think it was deserving but then got redrafted i agree hes been as much a dissapointment as brooks and yes he deserves the same critisism but honestly hes not given the love brooks is by some on here either
ferg flys under the radar

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

is CJ going to be around next year now schneider has been brought into the club?

frankly given dempster is the same age or a year younger than CJ, and already dempster has proven while he isn't a gun he can get more of the footy than CJ and dispose of it better than CJ...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rexy
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:is CJ going to be around next year now schneider has been brought into the club?

frankly given dempster is the same age or a year younger than CJ, and already dempster has proven while he isn't a gun he can get more of the footy than CJ and dispose of it better than CJ...
Good point Dan, would rather we hung on to a big man like Rix or Brookes than elevated CJ when we would seem to have two traded players, Armo and pick 9 with seemingly more upside as running players?

Maybe this year?