Will Barry Brooks or Michael Rix be delisted?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Will Barry Brooks or Michael Rix be delisted?

With the recruitment of King, one of these players' days at Moorabbin might be numbered.

Brooks looks to be out of favour but retains his spot. Rix actually gets games but ideally is third or fourth ruck option at the most.

So our ruck stocks are:

Gardiner (if fit)
King
Rix
Brooks
Van Rheenen
Blake

I don't want to see Blake play in the ruck if it can be helped.

I would also like to see Van Rheenen debut in 2008 - he will be 20 by the time the season commences. If he plays four or five games I'll be stoked.

The delistings might give some indication as to how confident the coaching staff feels about Gardiner's prospects in 2008.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Sorry just spotted plumtire's thread ... mods please lock

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Will Barry Brooks or Michael Rix be delisted?

Riewoldting wrote:With the recruitment of King, one of these players' days at Moorabbin might be numbered.

Brooks looks to be out of favour but retains his spot. Rix actually gets games but ideally is third or fourth ruck option at the most.

So our ruck stocks are:

Gardiner (if fit)
King
Rix
Brooks
Van Rheenen
Blake

I don't want to see Blake play in the ruck if it can be helped.

I would also like to see Van Rheenen debut in 2008 - he will be 20 by the time the season commences. If he plays four or five games I'll be stoked.

The delistings might give some indication as to how confident the coaching staff feels about Gardiner's prospects in 2008.
I think you will find it will be Brooks and maybe either Watts or Rix.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

would rather Brooks... he's at least had 1 good game

He wasn't that bad = Rix's best game

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Will Barry Brooks or Michael Rix be delisted?

Riewoldting wrote: I would also like to see Van Rheenen debut in 2008 - he will be 20 by the time the season commences. If he plays four or five games I'll be stoked.
Lot of things have to happen just so for VR to get a game in '08. Ruckman on the LTI with VR dominating the VFL side could lead to his elevation, and once elevated anything is possible but not guarenteed.

I think seeing VR listed in the "best" for Casey and making a case for his elevation to the list proper for '09 would have to be considered a positive result, we wouldn't really be expecting him to be in the best 22 for another couple of years, if it happens.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
apple_corr39
Club Player

For goodness sake, we MUST keep Rix, as a back-up at least.

Gardiner and King are injury-proned, to say the least, and I for one would NOT be prepared to delist Rix and watch Brooks ruck for half the year, with Kosi at full forward.

I'm sick of all this Brooks talk.... he's been on our list for at least four years now. Sure, he can kick 6 goals in the VFL..... but it's obviously a completely different ball game on the big stage. Brooks is not up to it..... and by no means is Rix a superstar..... but at least he puts in EFFORT.

Delist Brooks. :roll:

saintsrule
Club Player

apple_corr39 wrote:For goodness sake, we MUST keep Rix, as a back-up at least.

Gardiner and King are injury-proned, to say the least, and I for one would NOT be prepared to delist Rix and watch Brooks ruck for half the year, with Kosi at full forward.

I'm sick of all this Brooks talk.... he's been on our list for at least four years now. Sure, he can kick 6 goals in the VFL..... but it's obviously a completely different ball game on the big stage. Brooks is not up to it..... and by no means is Rix a superstar..... but at least he puts in EFFORT.

i agree with you

midas_touch
Club Player

Seconded.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
apple_corr39
Club Player

saintsrule wrote:

i agree with you
:D :D

Does anyone know if Rix is contracted for next year??

Heard that 3-year rumour, but I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe.

saintsrule
Club Player

hope so
:oops:

4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

Brooks time has come and gone..just not enough fire in the belly...should be delisted

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

i'd rather Blake in the ruxk than Rix... I just don't see what u get from playing Michael... a poor man's Trent Knobel

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

my missus reckons we should keep rix over brooks cause rix is better looking (poor dear she would fill our side with all the goodlooking blokes over the quallity ugly fellas )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:my missus reckons we should keep rix over brooks cause rix is better looking (poor dear she would fill our side with all the goodlooking blokes over the quallity ugly fellas )

Tell your missus she needs to put Cameron Ling in her side :)
After all he was voted 3rd as the sexist player in the AFL

:shock:

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€