Beep Beep Beep!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Mik
Club Player

Beep Beep Beep!!!!!

Can anyone else hear the sound of the reverse beeps coming from all the ones on here backing away from there posts saying we dont want Kingy :wink:

Great work Saints definatley get the BOG award from the trade week.

If you dont like the fact we needed to chase ruckman from other clubs in the past two trade weeks in 07 and 06 then you know who to blame thats right all you GT lovers pull your finger out and start pointing.

Bloody fantastic job RL and Co. :D

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Yes they did well, the media are amazed as are opposition supporters

Before Im 85
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Happy that it cost us virtually bupkis, but I confess I'm still very still wary about it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think most were against giving up a decent pick for king but pick 90 come on how good is that

now we have two clarks two fishers two gardners ... anyone would think we are building an ark down moorabbin way

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saint Mik
Club Player

C'mon riccardo look at it for what it is :wink:

It's cost us nothing everything to gain and VERY little to loose.

Dont be wary about it get behind RL and back him i'm sure he thinks its going to work out and the centre square now looks OK.

Makes our forward line look VERY good also.

Balances things up plenty IMO.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Beep Beep Beep!!!!!

Saint Mik wrote:Can anyone else hear the sound of the reverse beeps coming from all the ones on here backing away from there posts saying we dont want Kingy :wink:

Great work Saints definatley get the BOG award from the trade week.

If you dont like the fact we needed to chase ruckman from other clubs in the past two trade weeks in 07 and 06 then you know who to blame thats right all you GT lovers pull your finger out and start pointing.

Bloody fantastic job RL and Co. :D

i don't recall saying too much against picking him.....both he and gardiner are basically no 1 draft selections.....well gardiner was no 1 in 1996.......king was a bonus pick in the pre=season draft of 1995for giving a player to freo....like lloyd and wirrpunda........

at last we have two real ruckmen....now if we can get them on the park......
.......................................................................................... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
dsreg1
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i think most were against giving up a decent pick for king but pick 90 come on how good is that

now we have two clarks two fishers two gardners ... anyone would think we are building an ark down moorabbin way
Wouldn't mind being flooded with success...

Saint Mik
Club Player

Just a bit of fun Stinger some on here were dead set against it saying how many times and when will we ever learn ect.

Just wondering about how they feel now that we have got the results of two for one draft pick deal.

I cant beleive the playes we got for what we gave away :D

What is Kingy on in terms of contract with us? is it a one or two year deal?

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I would have thought that, after last year, people would excercise some restraint on gloating about a pickup like this. King isn't a number one ruck and hasn't been for a while. He was AA the year before Michael Gardiner. It's been quite a while since he played footy at a high level. At this stage of his career he provides little more than ruck depth. It's no more a great pickup than Gardiner or Clarke last year.

Saint Mik
Club Player

He's just received 2 medals around his neck so i think that puts him in front of the others just a little :wink:

Good enough for a GF good enough for a No.90 pick and we will throw in Charlie just for good measure :lol:

We have done very well IMO.

jill
Club Player

I was one who wasn't keen on getting King - but King & Gardiner for PICK 90!!!! :lol: SAINTSATIONAL!! :lol:
Well Done those involved! :D
GO SAINTERS 2008!

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Did well to pick up what we did at such a low cost, though there are mixed feelings about Gardiner(charlie) and Dempster.

Carpe Diem
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

vacuous space wrote:I would have thought that, after last year, people would excercise some restraint on gloating about a pickup like this. King isn't a number one ruck and hasn't been for a while. He was AA the year before Michael Gardiner. It's been quite a while since he played footy at a high level. At this stage of his career he provides little more than ruck depth. It's no more a great pickup than Gardiner or Clarke last year.
While I agree with the sentiment of not getting carried away with King as saviour (and I assume you're referring to Gardiner more than Clarke), the King pickup far better than either... Gardiner had barely played in 12 months before the Saints got him, Clarke was older than some of the goelogy down at Moorrabbin, and basically depth.

King has also barely played AFL football in 12 months (like Gardiner), but his most recent hitout was won by displacing the regular ruckman of the premiership team as being better able to handle Lade (probably #2 ruck in the entire comp) and his #2 Brogan (a monster himself)... which is far better form coming in than either of the others can claim. It would be fair however to note that without that single game, King may have gone untouched through the PSD.

If we can get 10 games out of Gardiner next year (though from whispers here, even that's optomistic), 15 out of King, 20 out of Kosi, then while I wouldn't expect any to figure in the '08 AA ruck figurings, I'd be confidant we'd get the best rucking results we've had since Spida left.

My waffling musings and predictions aside, I think the salient point is that King represents an upgrade on Matty Clarke, gained for the same price - nothing... slowly but surely, the ruck situation improves.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
maverick
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:I would have thought that, after last year, people would excercise some restraint on gloating about a pickup like this. King isn't a number one ruck and hasn't been for a while. He was AA the year before Michael Gardiner. It's been quite a while since he played footy at a high level. At this stage of his career he provides little more than ruck depth. It's no more a great pickup than Gardiner or Clarke last year.
He was No.1 ruck in the GF once he came on.....

vacuous space
SS Life Member

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:While I agree with the sentiment of not getting carried away with King as saviour (and I assume you're referring to Gardiner more than Clarke), the King pickup far better than either... Gardiner had barely played in 12 months before the Saints got him, Clarke was older than some of the goelogy down at Moorrabbin, and basically depth.
Clarke might have been old, but I think his body was in better shape than King's is now. King has been mauled by injuries over recent years. He's nowhere near the player he once was. He can still provide decent service, but I would hesitate to give him first ruck duties. I still think Kosi is our best option there.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:While I agree with the sentiment of not getting carried away with King as saviour (and I assume you're referring to Gardiner more than Clarke), the King pickup far better than either... Gardiner had barely played in 12 months before the Saints got him, Clarke was older than some of the goelogy down at Moorrabbin, and basically depth.
Clarke might have been old, but I think his body was in better shape than King's is now. King has been mauled by injuries over recent years. He's nowhere near the player he once was. He can still provide decent service, but I would hesitate to give him first ruck duties. I still think Kosi is our best option there.
I think you will find they got King to be the ruckman so Kosi can play forward.

milney044
Club Player

and that would be so great to have the luxury of playing kozi forward :D what a shame its only october :cry: bring on march already im pumped!!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I think you will find they got King to be the ruckman so Kosi can play forward.
That might have been the idea, but I don't see it working. I don't know if King's body can hold up playing first ruck minutes week in, week out. King's definately better in the ruck, but his around the ground performance has deteriorated over recent years. I think we'd be better off rucking Kosi first and King second.

asiu

.....thats right all you GT lovers pull your finger out and start pointing.

who the ? are you

weren't even around here in gt's days .......

name ten .....

why be a **** cabbage

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:now we have two clarks two fishers two gardners ... anyone would think we are building an ark down moorabbin way
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'm delighted about picking up an experienced and mature-bodied premiership ruckman like king for next to nothing.

allows us to play kosi at ff, which is just so vital to our chances in 2008.

well done saints

Saint Mik
Club Player

Still getting over it gazrat :lol:

Pick the GT lovers a mile away, who needs a ruckman right

RL will develope a young ruckman but until then we can thank GT for the rucks we are getting now because we have not had one coming through since spider left, sorry i forgot about Brooks my mistake what picks were they again :roll:

Was around in the Timid and Blighty days and have had plenty of disscusions about GT and what a F*** up he turned into and backed the board about giving him the arse then also had plenty to say about his so called putting the club first bullshyte

I will point my finger at GT about the ruck problems we have and its not a quick fix because of his attitude towards the rucking duties while he was coach.

Why be a farkin mushroom :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:Still getting over it gazrat :lol:

RL will develope a young ruckman but until then we can thank GT for the rucks we are getting now because we have not had one coming through since spider left, sorry i forgot about Brooks my mistake what picks were they again :roll:

Was around in the Timid and Blighty days and have had plenty of disscusions about GT and what a F*** up he turned into and backed the board about giving him the arse then also had plenty to say about his so called putting the club first bullshyte

I will point my finger at GT about the ruck problems we have and its not a quick fix because of his attitude towards the rucking duties while he was coach.

What GT actually said is who needs an ordinary ruckman and he is right. Not a GT lover but understand footy.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:Still getting over it gazrat :lol:

What GT actually said is who needs an ordinary ruckman and he is right. Not a GT lover but understand footy.
True....but thats a bit like saying..."we all should breath - we'll feel better...".......

One thing GT DID do very well - took the obvious, wrapped it in corporate bingo speak and exited it in.

"I never said I dont rate rucks.....I just dont like bad ones..."...err...tks sherlock....dont need to understand much about footy to know thats a statement geared for the popularity of the masses....and they swallow it... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

the fact is, our ruck stocks are better with King on our list than without

so it is a very good pick-up for us

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.