charlie gardiner....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

saintsRrising wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:St Kilda = Hack central.

I thought we were moving forward after getting rid of all our old players...but adding Jones, King, Gardiner and Dempster onto the list just sends us further backwards. Hopefully we will at least cut Ferguson and maybe Rix now. I just don't understand why we are trading for players who just won't make a positive impact.

Look at the new players

Schneider - He is the one player I am genuinely happy to have. He adresses our lack of goalkicking half forwards and adds some spark into the team

Dempster - There is nothing that Dempster can do that Blake, Raph Clarke and Ferguson can't do. I didn't mind us trading for him, but it is unrealistic to expect him to play 100 games for St Kilda. He couldn't get a game when Sydney were missing their CHB and FB. He won't add anything.

King - Played about 5 games this year and none were actually good. He spends more time injured than playing and can't cover the amount of ground required in modern football. He is a less mobile version of Rix,

Gardiner - He is a forward who doesn't get the ball and very rarely kicks goals. Utterly useless.

I thought we were getting rid of the deadwood, but we are simply replacing it.

Gehrig, Hamill, Voss, Thompson, M.Clarke > Jones, Schneider, Dempster, King, Gardiner

MSG of all the forumites I thought that you would be delighted.....for getting Schneider will probably ensure that your pet-hate player in CJ does not geta game.

Ona more serious note....our rucks are crap...and King would geta job asa ruck in most teams. He is agood pick up for us.

We on have ONE small or medium forward. Schneider gives us TWO.. this is a big step up even though Schneider is no star. BUT he improvesa weakness for us.

Dempster and Gardiner are depth players for us....and will improve our depth.

Last year when Goose and Max were both out Dempster would have been very handy.

Lastly....this years draft is very week...the four that we have gained are much better than what we could have gained.

Remember that we also still have picks 9, 42, 58.....and 74.

Though noty al may be used.

9 will get us a good young kid.

Gardiners Stats in 06! what no possesions?

Round 1 Brisbane Lions 14 4 18 9 0 1 2 0 2 1 96
Round 2 Kangaroos 9 4 13 5 0 2 1 0 0 0 59
Round 5 Sydney 13 4 17 7 1 4 2 2 2 0 93
Round 6 Melbourne 5 10 15 2 0 4 0 1 0 1 55
Round 7 St. Kilda 4 8 12 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 42

On King
It was only this year where he didnt play over 17 games

That is more than anyone else that can ruck in our team

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Incredible the sad arses on this thread :roll:

If we had have got Judd, Goodes, Foley, and both Abletts for pick #106 some know all internet hero would complain :roll:

Generally it is accepted that the Saints have traded very well, but oh no, lets have a dig at the "hacks" on the list, or renaming players who haven't even pulled on a Saints jersey as useless or past it or dumpster :roll:

I thought we were supposed to be supporters of the Saints not carping windbags and whining nancies.

Fair dinkum all I have heard from the whingers is that they didn't want these players.

Well tell us who we should have got for #26?

Would No 26 in the draft get us to a flag next year? Will they ruck? Or be a mid sized goal kicking forward?

What has our No 27 from last year done? or our #9 or #55?

The same moaners wh complain that we haven't won a flag want to pin their hopes on 18 y.o.s in this seasons draft :roll:

And when they dont come good for therr year we will have them whinging that we still have to wait?

Fair Dinkum. Stop your b!tching you bunch of cabbages :roll:

what outsiders are saying.......

...more from talking crap.....

"AGRO

Chris Judd

Location: "Persona non grata, status quo je ne sai quoi" - Was it Colin Trippa who said "my luc
Usergroups:
[ 2006 Paul Bower ]
[ 2007 Paul Bower ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"Back to what they do best and that is being a hack and cast off retirement home.

Next thing you know they will be offering to settle their contracts with 7 cents in the dollar. Rolling Eyes

A rabble."

now don't shoot the f****** messenger........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:King - Played about 5 games this year and none were actually good. He spends more time injured than playing and can't cover the amount of ground required in modern football. He is a less mobile version of Rix,
Could not be bothered reading the rest of this post so this may have been said but I thought on the last Saturday in September King was clearly the best ruckman on the ground. If he can replicate that for us then i will be happy to give up pick 90, which rarely ever gets used, to have him on our list.

Maybe this year?
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Charlie Gardiner, if ever the AFL had a Jason Blake clone then this guy is it
I hope is that good then because Blake has played 100 games and finished in the top ten in the B&F.
and you wonder why we are mid table , which is where we have been for two years, if you bothered to look
You are such a hypocrite. You bang on and on about rix yet they are the same...GOP's. Get over it mate

#1 Ryder fan
Washedup
Club Player

It makes me laugh reading posts from msg stating that apart from Schneider all we did was pick up hacks, all for the lofty sum of #26 and #90. The funny thing is, this is coming from a guy who has Barry Brooks as his idol :oops:
S.King--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------->B.Brooks

Jaz
Club Player

I find it hilarious mad saint gut can compare a premiership player ( dempster) to ferguson, a player that with all our backline injuries last year could still not get a game. I think he only got games at the end as a trial to see if he had it in him. The answer was a resounding no!

I think he may not know who dempster is, just because he is quiet and is rarely seen.

supersaints
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
tcm wrote:Geelong man here... not trolling, just wanting to give you some heads up on Charlie.

Especially as a pseudo-midfielder, Charlie gets the ball quite well. Good hands. Good on the lead. Understands where the ball is headed. Good displosal off both sides (don't understand where the 'can't kick' comments are coming from, to be honest).

Decision making is his big problem. Classic "rabbit in the headlights" syndrome. How you cure THAT problem at 25 is an interesting question, but if you can, you've got a better than average footballer.

Interesting that, on a list for list, basis, you'd pick him up (but that's borderline-troll).
We had one - Sweeney, but sadly he was not given a chance hard to understand for me.....

thanks for the info.

With Hamill retired we don't have any medium forwards.....so he hasa chance to graba spot...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Jaz wrote:I find it hilarious mad saint gut can compare a premiership player ( dempster) to ferguson, a player that with all our backline injuries last year could still not get a game. I think he only got games at the end as a trial to see if he had it in him. The answer was a resounding no!

I think he may not know who dempster is, just because he is quiet and is rarely seen.
Before this year Cam Mooney was a premiership player, and he didn't even touch that ball in that game. I think being a premiership player isn't that great an acolade. It's not like Dempster was pivotal in the outturn of the game, or much such a drastic impact.

Carpe Diem
Jaz
Club Player

Saint Corin wrote:
Jaz wrote:I find it hilarious mad saint gut can compare a premiership player ( dempster) to ferguson, a player that with all our backline injuries last year could still not get a game. I think he only got games at the end as a trial to see if he had it in him. The answer was a resounding no!

Before this year Cam Mooney was a premiership player, and he didn't even touch that ball in that game. I think being a premiership player isn't that great an acolade. It's not like Dempster was pivotal in the outturn of the game, or much such a drastic impact.
Yes but you still have to be a good enough player to get picked in the team. and have to have shown at least a glimse that you can play footy.

yipper
SS Life Member

Saint Corin wrote:
Err - he was put onto a rampaging Cousins and managed to keep him away from the footy at the crucial stages. So, he did his bit to get the flag.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Incredible the sad arses on this thread :roll:

If we had have got Judd, Goodes, Foley, and both Abletts for pick #106 some know all internet hero would complain :roll:

Generally it is accepted that the Saints have traded very well, but oh no, lets have a dig at the "hacks" on the list, or renaming players who haven't even pulled on a Saints jersey as useless or past it or dumpster :roll:

I thought we were supposed to be supporters of the Saints not carping windbags and whining nancies.

Fair dinkum all I have heard from the whingers is that they didn't want these players.

Well tell us who we should have got for #26?

Would No 26 in the draft get us to a flag next year? Will they ruck? Or be a mid sized goal kicking forward?

What has our No 27 from last year done? or our #9 or #55?

The same moaners wh complain that we haven't won a flag want to pin their hopes on 18 y.o.s in this seasons draft :roll:

And when they dont come good for therr year we will have them whinging that we still have to wait?

Fair Dinkum. Stop your b!tching you bunch of cabbages :roll:
besides the point the depth is alot better. isn't chalrlie gardiner better than Sweeney?

isn't dempster better than raymond?

think of it like that.
much better depth. one of the problems at st kilda is the lack of depth. they may not be in the best 22 but i am sure they are in the best 35. unlike sweeney and raymond!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget that Gardiner for most of his career has played in a forwardline with Ben Graham and Henry Playfair as the other key forwards.

The Cats have not had a decent forward set-up before Mooney and S. Johnson came good this year.

This year he averaged 15 disposals and 7 marks in the two games he played at AFL level with a decent forward line.

I reckon he could do alright as a lead-up HFF with the Saints.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote: The Grand Final? The game in which his kicks tally equalled his free kicks against tally?

But I suppose his awsome 10 hitouts means that he dominated and won them the flag. Yep, guaranteed superstar that will lead us to glory.
Well he also has presence and leadership something your mate Barry Brooks doesn't have.

Would have loved to see how many touches Brooks would have had in the Grand Final because he will probably lead us to glory one day :roll: :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
tcm wrote:Geelong man here... not trolling, just wanting to give you some heads up on Charlie.

Especially as a pseudo-midfielder, Charlie gets the ball quite well. Good hands. Good on the lead. Understands where the ball is headed. Good displosal off both sides (don't understand where the 'can't kick' comments are coming from, to be honest).

Decision making is his big problem. Classic "rabbit in the headlights" syndrome. How you cure THAT problem at 25 is an interesting question, but if you can, you've got a better than average footballer.

Interesting that, on a list for list, basis, you'd pick him up (but that's borderline-troll).
We had one - Sweeney, but sadly he was not given a chance hard to understand for me.....

thanks for the info.

With Hamill retired we don't have any medium forwards.....so he has a chance to grab a spot...
??? I assume the part in bold above was meant to be your comment that you ADDED to my post...though the way you have done it you have made the it as quoted by me...which I did not do.

From the "gossip" that i have red Sweeney was let go for attitude and off-field issues.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....